• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Battling between GBA and a DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2006
    My cousin has a DS and I have a GBA. Is there anyway to battle/trade between the two? I have leaf green and she has ruby and the DS has wireless I believe too. So I hooked on my wireless adapter but nothing happened. There was no connection. I dont want to have to buy a DS just to battle. Please help. Thanks.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    While you are able to connect from a GBA to a DS, Ruby/Sapphire is not wireless compatible like FRLG and Emeald are. You will have to use the GBA link cable instead.

BTW - I don't want to pretend I am a mod or anything, but questions like these should be asked in the Simple Questions thread instead of creating a new one.

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Actually, the DS and GBA aren't compatible at all--by a link cable OR by using the wireless adapter. You can't trade/battle between a GBA and a DS using any method. You also can't trade/battle between two DS systems using GBA games. You will need two GBAs to be able to trade/battle with your friend.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Man, my batting average is taking a beating lately. LOL Well, remember that you cannot trade between Ruby/Sapphire and FRLG/Emerald with a wireless connector. At least THAT part I got right.

Last edited:
    Years
    The DS, while operating in GBA mode, supports no form of multiplay.

It's a shame Nintendo didn't allow the option, with the DS, to have a "hard" emulated Wireless Adapter always installed while in GBA mode. That would make things much easier. (But they didn't.. -.-)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2006
    MetalMario said:
    The DS, while operating in GBA mode, supports no form of multiplay.

It's a shame Nintendo didn't allow the option, with the DS, to have a "hard" emulated Wireless Adapter always installed while in GBA mode. That would make things much easier. (But they didn't.. -.-)

Thats why I was so puzzled to why it wasnt working. It felt like a no brainer to me that, because the GBA is still fairly new, connection between DS and GBA would work with GBA games. I mean I just got my GBA SP about two years ago and its obsolete! ARgh!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The true question is why revive an old post that has been sufficiently addressed/answered? The reason is moot at this point, although the original poster did have the LG version.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    mew2005, please stop reporting posts that:
    1) Are old and don't need to be revived.
    2) Don't need reporting anyway.

We don't need or like mini-mods. >>

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    But it should be wireless so you can trade from leafgreen to what ever game it is. Unless they are going to make a version for only the 4th generation Pokemon.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    I think this thread has gone way too far and should be closed. The question was answer so this no longer needs to stay open.

Use Simple Questions, next time. It helps us reduce spam so it helps us help you. The link to the overly helpful thread is in my sig and in the group of stickies near the top of the FR/LG (GBA) thread listing.

CLOSED

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back