• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Battling the Elite Four. What levels were your pokemon when YOU battled them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeon-Girl

Breeze
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 14, 2010
    I have: Onix at level 41, venusaur at level 41, Typhlosion at level 41, Amphraos at level 41, Red Gyarados at level 41 and Lugia at level 45.

I am scared of entering and not being able to beat them and having to forfeit a huge chunk of money. Do you think I will make it through?

At what level and with what pokemon did you manedge to beat the elite 4 and how many tries did it take you?

THANKS everyone. This really helps me. :)

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • My team consisted of:
    • Meganium Lv.64
    • Gyarados Lv. 31
    • Butterfree Lv.38
    • Tentacool Lv.25
    • Ho-oh Lv.48
    • Dratini Lv.15

The bolded Pokemon are the only ones that actually helped me. I had only a little bit of trouble making it to Lance but he gave me great difficulties. During the battle, I had to rely on Gyarados just to pull of Intimidates off onto Dragonites and Ho-oh's Sacred Fire to burn as much as I could.

Remember that these levels are actually the levels of the Pokemon when they were entered into the Hall of Fame.

Pokeon-Girl said:
    I have: Onix at level 41, venusaur at level 41, Typhlosion at level 41, Amphraos at level 41, Red Gyarados at level 41 and Lugia at level 45.

I am scared of entering and not being able to beat them and having to forfeit a huge chunk of money. Do you think I will make it through?

At what level and with what pokemon did you manedge to beat the elite 4 and how many tries did it take you?

THANKS everyone. This really helps me. :)
    If you're worried about losing money, you can always leave it with your mother.

To be honest, I think you will have some trouble. Your Pokemon are somewhat underlevelled.

Years
  • I havnt got to the E4 yet but I always save before the first match, so if it looks like im going to lose I turn off and either grind a few levels or work out a new strategy and try again.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    My Pokémon were slightly underleveled. I think they were in the high 40's-- all but my Dragonair I was training up--. The battle with the first guy (What was his name again?) was really easy, but the battles kept getting more difficult, but I managed to finally defeat Lance! Oh, what a happy day that was for me! XD

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • Going in with everyone at level 46 was enough for me.

Also, you won't really lose a huge chunk of money... Just about 5,000. Maybe a bit more than that. They took out the 'you lose half of your money for losing' thing at the beginning of gen 4.

Anyway, my strategy for beating up Lance was putting up a Reflect from my Meganium while he had his Gyarados out, then switching to MY Red Gyarados to Intimidate it, then begin Dragon Dancing. After 3, I 2HKO'd his Gyara, and then everything else fell in a OHKO to Ice Fang.

Yep~ Gyarados went from 47-49 in that fight. >__>;

But, uh... As for your question... A little more grinding might be a good idea. You're at the same level I was for Claire.

- Tyros

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2013
    All of my pokemon were around lvl 40-41 and by the end were in the 43-45 region. Took me 1 try. Its simple and you won't have a hard time. Just bring full restores and revives and it'll be all good.

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    all my pokemon were lvl 40-45

since im normally low leveled then, thats why i repeat the elite 4 process until my pokemon are lvl50/60 etc.

oh yh and i had a lvl 35 persian! but i used him as a pawn since while he was gettin killed, it gave me time to use revives n potions XD

ayevdayev

Legend
    Years
  • I don't remember for sure but it was something like
    Typlosion lvl 6?
    Lugia lvl 50
    Gyrados lvl 40
    Raiku lvl 50
    Entei lvl 50
    Togetic lvl 50

My second time was:
    Typlosion lvl 70
    Ho-Oh lvl 70
    Mewtwo lvl 71
    Raiku lvl 60
    Gyrados lvl 53
    Entei lvl 57

Lance was the hardest all the other ones were 1 hit kills!!!

ahungryhamster

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2018
    My Pokemon were around 36-38. I ended up needing a lot of Revives and Hyper Potions, but I made it through first try.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Mine were in the 46-48 lvl range.

I only used revive a few times but it sure does help to have plenty. I defeated Lance with Feraligatr's ice fang mostly.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Here's what I got through with:

Typhlosion Lv. 46
    Umbreon Lv. 45
    Luxray Lv. 47
    Pidgeot Lv. 46
    Gyarados Lv. 46
    Sandshrew Lv. 17

Yes, they are a bit underleveled, and it took my three attempts before I managed to get through. And even them it was because I had millions of items like revives and Moomoo milks :)

I'd say if you want to comfortably go through you should have Pokémon around Lv. 50 - 55 ish, but it is perfectly possible to go through on lower levels (just be prepared for a challenge).

Also, if you have an HM Slave or Pokémon in your party that you don't particularly use, keep them when you're in the League. They're really useful to switch to if you need to revive the Pokémon with the type advantage.

Amaru

Master Cloner
    Years
  • Mine were all 55-57. My Dragonite was 56 when got to Lance and Blizzard pretty much raped his team. Typhlosion and Pikachu were at 57 I think. The rest were 55.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • According to the Hall of Fame:
    Feraligatr - lvl 52
    Lugia - lvl 52
    Ampharos - lvl 47
    Umbreon - lvl 41
    Machoke - lvl 44
    Pidgeotto - lvl 32 (insurance)

If I remember correctly, it only took one try, but I made sure to double- and triple-check their levels and types before going in. You should probably level yours up a little bit more, and in case you do happen to get roflstomped, save just before you engage the first guy, and just reset the game when things look bad.

Years
  • Typhlosion: lvl 50
    Pidgeot: lvl 50
    Espeon: lvl 45
    Heracross: lvl 50
    Donphan: lvl 45
    Starmie: lvl 43

I trained my team alot before heading to the E4. In fact, I got past the first 4 trainers without losing any HP :o But then came Lance, and I had a very hard time defeating him, since I didn't have any good moves that could take his pokes out. But in the end I managed to defeat him ^^'

I recommend you to level up your pokes a little bit more, like 2-3 levels. And be ready for Lance with some good-damaging moves on his dragon types.

Rocket Executive Josh

Rocket Executive
    Years
  • I'm not there yet, but I think they will all be level 50 by that time. This is my team right now in my sig, and I litterally just beat the 4th gym, saved, then turned off, so I think I'll manage.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    Hall of Fame says:

Chaos/Feralgatr

Lvl 46 Adamant
    -Ice Fang
    -Crunch
    -Waterfall
    -Strength

Swine Flu/Mamoswine

Lvl 46 Adamant
    -Ice Shard
    -Ice Fang
    -Hail
    -Earthquake

Grave/Crobat

Lvl 45 Adamant
    -Fly
    -Confuse Ray
    -Mean Look
    -Poison Fang

Red Dwarf/Magmar

Lvl 45 Modest
    -Faint Attack
    -Confuse Ray
    -Flamethrower
    -Sunny Day

Slave/Furret

Lvl 15 Quirky
    -Cut
    -Surf
    -Whirlpool
    -Rock Smash

Yes, I made sure my pokemon had good natures.
    Yes, I beat the Elite 4 with 4 pokemon.
    Yes, Swine Flu 1 shot all three of Lance's Dragonite's with Ice Fang.
    Yes, I had my HM slave on my team.

Off-Topic: Caught a Modest Ho-Oh after 2 soft resets. =D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I about around the mid-high forties, except for my sixth Pokemon which I think was just a Hoothoot. I had some problem with Lance killing most of my team with Dragon Rush, but it wasn't too bad.

My sister took the Elite Four on in the low-mid forties (about where you are). If you're extremely careful, and save before every member of the Elite Four (and stock up on healing potions) you should be fine. But if you want to take it safe, train them up a few more levels.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Low 40s.

You can beat higher level opponents in-game pretty easily. In the early game levels matter more, but after a certain point, playing by weaknesses and resistances gets the job done fairly quickly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back