• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

bayleef, quilava or croconaw?

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
    Years
    I'd have to go with the most picked: Quilava because Typhlosion is really powerful and I like him. :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I like Bayleef and all of its evolutions, but I'd probably go with Quilava. It's got some of the best moves, especially when it evolves into Typhlosion.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    I'll Croconaw probaly. Only if it will learn a strong ice attack to kill grass types and earthquake to kill electric types so that about covers up all its weakness.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Kayleigh said:
    I like Bayleef and all of its evolutions, but I'd probably go with Quilava. It's got some of the best moves, especially when it evolves into Typhlosion.
    Now that Blaziken is around and Typhlosion can no longer have Thunderpunch, it's much less used though. =\ And since Charizard can Dragon Dance that pushes it even further back. Might have helped if it had Flash Fire. Oh well.

Moonlit_Angel

EVIL Queen of Darkness
    Years
    Bayleef! Although Quilava rox, I still like Bayleef best. I really don't know why, maybe it has to do with the fact that in my Silver, he was my starter, and still is. My VERY first starter.

Altaria Tamer

Altaria Master
    Years
    First Let Me Clear This Up You Can Only Get TWO Of The Starter Pokemon I Have The Offical Nintendo Guide And I Have Done Research You Get One At The Beginning (Your Chocie) And One At The end (I Think Its Your Chocie But I Am Not 100% Positive)

For Me Bayleef In The Beginning And Quilava At The End(Feraligator Looks Stupid In 3D)Reason For Bayleef I LOVE IT!!!! Its The Only Qute Grass Type And Its Powerful!

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Altaria Tamer said:
    First Let Me Clear This Up You Can Only Get TWO Of The Starter Pokemon I Have The Offical Nintendo Guide And I Have Done Research You Get One At The Beginning (Your Chocie) And One At The end (I Think Its Your Chocie But I Am Not 100% Positive)

For Me Bayleef In The Beginning And Quilava At The End(Feraligator Looks Stupid In 3D)Reason For Bayleef I LOVE IT!!!! Its The Only Qute Grass Type And Its Powerful!
    TWO????? Then how come I found all 3????????????

Battery Cat

I Love Batterys
    Years
    I think I'll pick Quilava when I get to get the game. I also like the other two so I don't really know but I think I'll pick Quilava first.

BlastBurn

The Fire Expert
    Years
    I took Bayleef because the only other grass type you get for a while is skoploom and i hate the whole skiploom family. Plus the johto starters all werent as great as the Hoenn and Kanto starters IMO so i didnt really matter to me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2004
    LiquidThunder said:
    I think I would get Croconaw, it seems that it would be a good to have on your team since you can't "Snag" most of the pokemon.

I AGREE WITH L.T.MINE IS ALREADY A FERALIGATR.

Aerith84

Trainer JR
    Years
    Bayleef!!!The grass type!!!
    The pokemon with a strong will like me! XD
    It's effective against rock type,water type and sometimes against elettric type!
    I don't like croconaw,but I love Feraligatr!!! @_@

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    The best one to get is Bayleef, you can get strong water Pokemon like Mantine or Quagsire, and Entei as your fire. Skiploom is one of the few grass Pokemon that is "snagable" in the game. But I picked Quilava, he's fire, I love fire.
    Gender Ratio for Bayleef, Quilava, and Croconaw: 87.5% Male 12.5% Female

Back