• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BE FREE MY YOUNG JOLTIK, GO EXPLORE THE WORLD!

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    I think he actually doesn't "catch" them, he just convince them to fight for him much like Emerald did on the Pocket Monsters Special Manga.

N is supposed to talk and listen to Pokemon, he could perfectly just ask/convince them to do a certain task, and them leave them free again.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    Eh, for the most part I liked N having a new 'team' each time. It made him a little more of challenge.

Yeah, I think he just befriends his 'team' whenever he gets to a new place and releases his old one.

This. I really enjoyed seeing what Pokemon would help him out each time.

EDIT: I think they are Pokemon that he does just befriend, but he did actually catch them...they come out of a Pokeball went sent into battle at any rate.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I think it's kinda cute. It really does suit him perfectly to use a completely different team of Pokemon every single time, I guess. At the very least, it meshes perfectly with the ideals and personality he presents throughout the game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    To me, it was actually interesting to have N use different Pokemon in each battle because it tends to get somewhat boring to face the same Pokemon in each rematch.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    It didn't matter much to me gameplay-wise, but it fits better with his ideals than the usual "your my sleiv lol"-style that we regular trainers use.

There aren't any good ways to solve him having to battle the player without being bad to Pokémon. I mean, catch a wild bird, use it in a **** fight against the player, and then release it into the wild (probably after some max revives) might not really be the ideal way to battle to N, had it been real life. But with the game mechanics, this was the way they went with it. And it works. Except the Pokémon he had in the final battle, that thing is a bit strange. Klinklang and Evil fox and all that jazz.

PurpleMischief

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2015
    I liked that N's team changed every time. Made it harder to beat him.

The fact that he didn't have a set team did seem strange though. Well, the fact that he had more then one pokemon at all seemed against his entire mission.

Always challenging me to a battle that guy. Doesn't want trainers to battle with pokemon he says. Strange Character.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I liked N having a different team each time. It made it a bit more unique to see what he'll use the time after. It gives him some uniqueness and it intertwines with his ideals and beliefs.

Back