• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Be Supernatural

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    We've been through this before guys. Natures. Sassy to Playful to Mild to Timid to Bashful to Quirky to Adamant to Lax.
    If you were ever concerned about this? Did you like this new addition?

I had a mind that the natures had an adverse effect on Pokémon Contests, and boy, I was wrong.

//soletsdiscussplease

Years
  • I didn't like this feature personally, because it means I had to grind for a good nature for every Pokemon I wanted in battle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't really care for the natures and I almost never grind for a certain nature in gen 3 games. They do help making the battle system more interesting, especially in competitive battling as they make the stats of Pokemon even more important.

Years
  • I liked the addition of natures, because it made us take more thought and make more specific choices in competitive play. But I guess it was also to make good use of the contest sidequest.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I like the Nature addition for Pokemon, because it shows the uniqueness of the Pokemon itself, and makes me to give some consideration of which stats should I raise. Not to mention that it affects what does that Pokemon like when it comes to Pokeblock and Poffin's flavors.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I found the addition of natures is was pretty cool, giving Pokemon 'personalities' ... That being said, I can't imagine a timid Groudon! ;P ...
    Natures actually do more than increase/decrease a stat, it also decides what flavour pokeblock your Pokemon favours. Which can benefit from it's favourite ones by increasing it's coolness, toughness, smartness, etc.
    Also, one of the battle facilities where you battle without giving commands to your Pokemon actually takes natures into account, which I found interesting.

Back