• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Be truthful now...

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I've been hearing complaints all over the web about the Male trainer looking strange and unappealing. Its so bad, that some of my male friends have made themselves girls because they think its THAT BAD.

Be truthful now! Luckally I'm a girl, so I didn't have to worry about it though.

misty_fanboy

self proclaimed #1 misty fan
    Years
    I've been hearing complaints all over the web about the Male trainer looking strange and unappealing. Its so bad, that some of my male friends have made themselves girls because they think its THAT BAD.

Be truthful now! Luckally I'm a girl, so I didn't have to worry about it though.
    Truthfully I almost did that to, but I'm already a girl on pokemon ranger (XDD) so.....

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years

Do you mean the male trainer sprites?

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    No, I mean the guy who you walk around as. If you wanna call him a sprite, then go ahead. It isnt like I know anything about that stuff XD

I think I know what you're talking about now! XD

Yeah, the male trainer looks like some pansy stereotypical Frenchmen with that berett (no disrespect to our French friends!;)).

I wish there would be another option for the male and female sprites, like the ability to change clothes. Maybe we'll get that in the 3rd game in the series, Opal or whatever. Brendan in R/S/E looked cool, Gold in G/S/C looked cool and will look cool in 3D ;) (hint, hint), and Red was cool in R/B/Y/FR/LG. But this guy...not so much. :tired:

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    So he has a damned beret, people. Don't be racist. <.<;
    You need to learn the definition of the word "racist."

I think the male protagonist looks very old fashioned and not very appealing. I'd still choose to be him, but I think he's the worst design of all the generation protagonists.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    Like I said, I mean no disrespect to our French friends, but berets aren't really that appealing in the states. At least not to me, but hopefully my cool name and good team will make up for his uncoolness! ;)

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    I like the design of the Rival more. If only you
    could've selected to be him. DX

Well, I was kind of tempted to pick the female sprite,
    but I eventually got used to the guy.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    imo there's honestly nothing wrong with the sprite. In fact, I think it's better than R/S/E's male sprite and better than FR/LG's blocky thing.

I, for one, chose the male character, and I'm proud of it. xP

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
    To me he looks pretty cool. Know i know why guys pick the girl so much. The guy doesn't look bad to me, the hat is even kinda good looking. Though the girl does look kinda cool too. But i think i'll stick with the guy.

Hippo

Cookie MOnster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2007
    Does anyone have a picture of the two characters?
    I saw one once, but i forget where.

I think i remember the guy as kinda lame, but if I go for the girl, i'd need a good name =P

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Does anyone have a picture of the two characters?
    I saw one once, but i forget where.

Here you go:

Be truthful now...

Be truthful now...

I chose to be Hikari, didnt really like the look of Kouki or whatever his name was xD. Also I like Hikari ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I never liked the boy's (Lucas) design, and the overworld sprite is just fugly, which isn't helped by the abnormally large heads the sprites have. So I'm also considering choosing Dawn, but chances are I'll just stick with the guy.

I do like the male ranger sprite, and the detective one XD;

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    well when we can rom hack D/P we shold try and change the overworlds as a patch just for those who want D/P without that annoying hat.

me though i am fine with it so i fo with it anyway also your rival does look weired

Back