• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beautiful or Playable Maps?

What's more important to you?

• Playable Maps

Votes: 70 63.6%
  • Beautiful Maps

Votes: 40 36.4%

• Total voters

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I used to be in love with beautiful maps(and still am), but my idea has kinda shifted. I prefer to keep maps beautiful, but alter them enough to have good playability as well. So I guess both.

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
Years
Each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Although some will argue against it, playable maps do give up some beauty in regards to the overall feel of a map. And the same is true for beautiful maps because to make a map completely beautiful, some playability will have to be sacrificed. Finding a median is definitely what maps should strive for.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
I think playable maps are better. I used to make maps without playability, but i realised that was wrong.
Any map in the game must have playability, so it doesn't screw up with the border bloc/ etc. etc.
When i see mistakes in a map when i'm playing it, it pisses me off.

Nintendo's maps may have playability 10/10, but they are not beatiful.

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
Years
Nintendo's maps may have playability 10/10, but they are not beatiful.

I have to disagree with that statement.

Have you ever seen Sevault Canyon? How about Route 119, or pretty much any of the RSE mapping? Those are some beautiful maps if you ask me.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
I have to disagree with that statement.

Have you ever seen Sevault Canyon? How about Route 119, or pretty much any of the RSE mapping? Those are some beautiful maps if you ask me.

Yes, maybe they are, but i was talking in general.

Years
Nintendo maps are beautiful, but they aren't 'natural'. They're 'square'. Which I prefer.

Anyway, I find that playability is a bigger priority than beauty, however an empty field isn't very nice, either.

bt me no liek maizs n maizs of tr3z n mntuns.

Years
I have to say both, they have to be beautiful and playable, every good mapper knows that.
Why would you make an ugly playable map or an beautiful unplayable map that just makes no sense.
So again it has to be both.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
I have to say both, they have to be beautiful and playable, every good mapper knows that.
Why would you make an ugly playable map or an beautiful unplayable map that just makes no sense.
So again it has to be both.

Next time, read the first post. Gir? said it clearly:
What is more important to you? A beautiful map or a playable. No in betweens here.

You should choose Beautiful maps, or Playable maps?

MK

i hate playing demo hacks
Years
  • CA
  • Seen Sep 18, 2010
Well if it was beatiful... it wouldnt be a pokemon hack, it would just be
a map... It must be playable to be a hack!

Back