• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Bede isn’t from Unova!

KantoBound

Professor Arthur Pine
    Years
    I've seen a lot of people say that Bede is from Unova. Their main evidence is that his theme samples the final battle theme from the Pokémon World Tournament and two of his original Pokémon (Solosis and Gothita) were originally discovered in Unova. On the surface, this would seem to make sense...

HOWEVER, there are some key facts which I would like to bring to light.
    First, Rose gave Bede his first Pokémon; the Psychic-type Hatenna.
    Second, Rose says that he saw potential in Bede to become a great trainer, and sent him to study at a Pokémon Trainer School.

Now, all of this is cool and good, except there is no Trainer School in Galar.
    Bede must have had to study abroad in another region in order to attend a Trainer School and learn the basics of Pokémon. Considering America and England's relationship in real life, I'd say it's safe to assume a similar relationship between Unova and Galar. If Rose met Bede in Galar and then sent him to a Trainer School, then perhaps he went to Unova to study at the Trainer School there and caught Solosis and Gothita as part of his studies before returning to Galar.

If you have any thoughts or evidence for/against my theory, please let me know.

Last edited:
    Back