• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Before I buy-Is Pikachu's PokePark for lil' kiddies?

Years
  • I have seen some videos on YouTube, and PokePark(the first one, IDK anything about the second) does look pretty fun. But I have also read some pretty harsh reviews saying that the people who play it do so after returning from day care. Are there any older gamers who have enjoyed it who think it's worth the HIGH price tag?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • In my point of view, Pokepark is generally aimed for the much younger population of the Pokemon community. Those that were born on the third gen era, or later. Since it involves mostly of mini-games, we could assume that, yes, Pokepark is for the younger audiences. However, that does not remove the fun that it COULD give you. It has basically all Pokemon games' element. It has the storyline, a bunch of obtainable Pokemon, special episodes, and such. The only difference is well, it ain't like the other games.

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
  • Yeah, it's intended for younger kids, but that didn't stop me, a university student, from enjoying it. The graphics are really fantastic, and that was my main reason for buying it (along with my younger sister begging for it)- I wanted to see my favorite Pokemon in full 3D glory, being able to hear their voices and all.

I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, there was some dialogue and moments that made me cringe due to their "cuteness", but it actually does have an ok storyline, and some of the games are fun. The characterization of each and every Pokemon is my favorite part.
    The game made me warm up to several Pokemon I disliked, because you sort of interact and get to know more about the Pokemon (or at least an individual representing it).

The 2nd game, though, is MUCH better. I don't care what they say about it being for kids, I loved the 2nd one. It actually does have a somewhat darker plot, and will keep you entertained throughout playing it.

Unfortunately, though, I wouldn't say either of them has great replay value.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I thought the same thing when I was thinking of buying, but I did end up getting (Number 2 at least) and I am having loads of fun playing it even if it is aimed for little kids. I would say try PokePark 1 first its cheaper and from what I heard has more mini games and character options then number 2.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    When you say mini-games, are we talking Pokemon Stadium-like games? Because I have played those 9 mini-games for over a decade now and I still love them.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I had fun with it... My only real complaint is the painfully obvious invisible walls, some animations have invincibility frames, and the lack of an overworld health system. So you can tackle a Pokemon and make it tumble a bit, but then you can't touch it until it gets back up again. Also, if you annoy an Ursaring to the point that it attacks you on sight, it will knock you down, but you take no damage. There is a lot to do, especially if you want to get all of the Pokemon, and finish all the minigames with everyone that can play it.

But the graphics are indeed great, especially in the ice area. It also has a unique ability to take in-game screenshots. Awesome..!

I took this a while ago with many other screenshots.
    zM0At.jpg

tl;dr It is indeed pretty kiddy, but it's fun, the minigames are fun (They are single player though), it has a decent story, it's damn cute, it looks good overall it's rather open, and has a decent amount of content... It's downsides are it's invisible walls, invincibility frames, and lack of roaming health system.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Technically, all Pokémon games are intended for children. This game does seem the most childish (in my opinion), but I really enjoyed the game. A "bad review" from some arrogant person shouldn't stop you from buying and enjoying the game yourself. I plan on buying PokéPark 2 sometime since I loved the first one so much. C:

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • My little brother owns this game, and as a Pokémon fan, I obviously played with him. So, honestly... It is a childish game. Dialogues are simpleton, mini-games not funny and pretty easy, storyline not interesting...
    I didn't like the game.
    BUT, I have to admit that the graphisms are awesome. They are beautiful, and seeing our favourite little creatures in 3D is always kinda magical for us, Pokémon fans.
    So, I suggest you to watch some videos about the game to see if this game is really for you. A childish game doesn't mean that it's bad, it depends on your taste.

Back