• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Before ORAS, did you tthe main male character's hat was hair?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    Okay, I hope I'm not the only one here, but before the remakes of R&S were made, did anyone think Brendan's (that's his canon name right) white hat was actually white hair?

It's sorta embaressing, but that little sprite kind of made that hat look like hair, because it was very close to his head and kind of was like hair.

(it's my headcanon that original R&S Brendan has cool white hair)

Years
  • I used to think Brendan's white hat was hair as well and I found it so weird that I preferred May for the Hoenn protagonists by default. I did find out it was actually a hat a few years later, and his OR/AS redesign kinda showed it was a hat as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    I used to think Brendan's white hat was hair as well and I found it so weird that I preferred May for the Hoenn protagonists by default. I did find out it was actually a hat a few years later, and his OR/AS redesign kinda showed it was a hat as well.

I think due to previous experience with anime hair, I found it neat. And I really like his white hair. Especially when combined the his red and black outfit.

I think i may have found out before ORAS, but I think ORAS just made it stick.

I like the redesigns of ORAS only to a point. Brendan and Wally look like such shotas now. And Wally runs around in his pjs, the entire game. However, i like this wally's hair better. It doesn't look like a crescent roll, lols.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • It's sorta embaressing, but that little sprite kind of made that hat look like hair, because it was very close to his head and kind of was like hair.

Yes Yes! Even I beleived that Brendan had white hair, before playing Omega Ruby, so there's nothing to feel embarassed about that, and I kinda liked those white hair of his.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Question is more who didn't think that Brendan's hat was his hair. I feel like most people thought that at first. I too thought his hat was his hair.

Years
  • I always thought his hair was white. Even with OR/AS, I thought he dyed part of his hair brown, then I saw his Contest getup and I felt dumb

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Yeah, when I bought Sapphire a few years ago that was what I thought. I kind of wish that it was white though, finding out it was a hat was a big disappointment at the time ;-;

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • At first I too thought it was his hair—but I found out that in the Pokémon Adventures Manga (which while it's not canon, the characters in there are mirrors of their game counterparts, minus Yellow who's not present in any of the games). Plus, if that indeed was his hair it'd be.. pretty interesting hair hehe. It would've been cool if he had white hair though. ;'c

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • When I played RSE, I was also tricked into thinking Brendan's hat was his hair, but I found out the truth the same way Flower did which is from reading pokemon adventure manga.

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • This is so true! I always thought that he had White Hair, But hey it's pretty much cannon that ORAS and RSE are on 2 completely different timelines, so In RSE for all we know he may actually have White Hair XD

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I actually really loved his look when I thought he had white hair, I thought it was more edgy and cool looking and had my mind BLOWN when I found out it was a hat too. I'm not entirely sure why the design team took such an odd approach to a hat, but hey. Got everyone talking eventually :P

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • I thought he had white hair when I originally played RSE, but learned it was a hat through PokeSpe. I guess it makes sense it's a hat, because while there's countless examples of unrealistic hair in vidya, it's too floppy at the end to not be a hat.

Interestingly, his sideburn is visible in the Emerald art:
    Before ORAS, did you tthe main male character's hat was hair?

Terumi-kantoku

Cat Lover Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2017
    I think I?ve learned the truth reading a magazine about Pok?mon at the time the games came by, but I?m not sure.

But I definitely learned about his hair while reading Pok?Spe manga, few years ago.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • I always assumed it was hair, and to be honest, I wish it was hair; it looks pretty cool, and that means Brendan wears a very strange hat. The more you know, I guess

Midi

Charming Ghost~
    Years
  • I always thought it was hair as well until a couple years before ORAS was announced. I always thought the black/green part of the hat was just a headband. Certainly didn't impact my choice as him in my original Ruby/Emerald run, since I kinda find white hair pretty cool at the time.

Back