• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Begginer] Custom text boxes in RM2k/3

The Dash

Hurr.
Years
  • Getting bored of seeing that same old RM2k/3 text all the time? Want a fancyer text box? With this tutorial you will be able to make your own custom text box and use whatever font you want too!

This is a very simple method overlooked by most game designers.

1. First off, we will need a 267x171 image. Do NOT go over this size! It is the perfect size for the RM2k/3 screen. If you are lazy I have included one for you:

2. Now we will need to design our text box, here is a very simple one I desinged in only a few seconds:

3. Now it's time to import this image go to the Resource Manager > Picture > Import

Now click on the text box image and then Open.

4. Make sure that the background is flashing! If it is not then the background will not be transparent. If it's not flashing then simply click the background, now click ok.

Copy this code, make sure that when you select your image you select the text box that you need for this event!

6. Click OK and you're done!

I hope this tutorial was useful to someone, if you have any questions then feel free to post them :)

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • This seems barely efficient. Also, isn't it more easy to just make a textbox image your own size and put that on specific x,y coordinates? Saves on a lot of image size already...

Of course, I'm no RPG Maker expert. But surely it supports positioning and showing your own textbox image?

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • This seems barely efficient. Also, isn't it more easy to just make a textbox image your own size and put that on specific x,y coordinates? Saves on a lot of image size already...

Of course, I'm no RPG Maker expert. But surely it supports positioning and showing your own textbox image?

Yes it does, but that image will position it for you, you won't need to enter any co-ords.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • You just take the font what you want and then add it to ur game rename it to the rm2k3 font and it will work i just did it.

Back