• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Years
  • There, I finally posted.

It would have been much longer, but then I haven't written the Rocket encounter, yet, plus I have more in mind. It's not the animation-length I promised... but the entire "Mt. Moon Arc" of my character's story can at least be treated as an entire episode (or two) if you transpose it... I think.

I hope you enjoy it. I'm going to start to write again later.

It was great, I'm looking forward to part 2.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    Name: Octavius Alexander Kraig

Hometown: Lavender Town

Appearance: He has long-ish black hair that scrapes mid-neck. He has long bangs that hang over his emerald green eyes. A few scars can be spotted on his shoulders as he wears sleeveless t-shirt generally. Also etched on his skin is a mark that he has had from birth. Some say it is completely unnatural, but he swears up and down that he was born with it. It is the image of a dragon with its wings out-stretch looking very majestic. The birth-mark is faintly black but not enough to be noticed unless staring directly at it. He is tall and has a kind smile. He is muscular but not beefy. He has this nervous tick that gives him a slight wildness to his eyes. This is expounded upon by the year he spent in the wilderness.

Interests and goals: He likes the survival aspect of the everyday life of a trainer and lives accordingly. . He wants to get over his fear and become a powerful trainer with his end goal being the complete victory over the Champion of Kanto.

Family: He grew up with his sister just outside of Lavender Town, the surrounding caves and forests had always interested him, but when his sister died at the young age of 23 this all changed and he went into the wilderness to get over the Pokephobia he had developed. No one is left in his family, besides the Fraxure whom he travels with. He is slightly scared of Fraxure, but tries to hide it so as not to hurt his feelings. He does however overcompensate.

Strengths: He survived a year in the wilderness alone away from civilization, so he can adapt quickly. He is strong and fast. He is flexible and is good at improvisation.

Weaknesses: He has a mild case of Pokephobia, but he is trying to overcome that. He stayed away from civilization for a year so his manners need a lot of work.

Starter pokémon:
    Asher is a male Fraxure. He is quite proud of his power and loves to show off. He is arrogant towards everyone besides Octavius and to whom he is gentle and makes sure not to intentionally scare him. He knows the moves Dragon Claw, Iron Tail, Swords Dance, and Assurance. He loves to battle and tries to get Octavius out of his shell by introducing him to new people.

(Sorry for grammar errors I will try to avoid them in the future)

(UPDATED)

(Is this enough detail? I'm kind of lost as to what you want more detail in so I tried to add some more to everything.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Octavius Alexander Kraig

Hometown: Lavender Town

Appearance: He has long-ish black hair that scrapes mid-neck. He has long bangs that hang over his emerald green eyes. A few scars can be spotted on his shoulders as he wears sleeveless t-shirt generally. Also etched on his skin is a mark that he has had from birth. Some say it is completely unnatural, but he swears up and down that he was born with it. It is the image of a dragon with its wings out-stretch looking very majestic. The birth-mark is faintly black but not enough to be noticed unless staring directly at it. He is tall

Interests and goals: He likes the survival aspect of the everyday life of a trainer and lives accordingly. He wants to get over his fear and become a powerful trainer with his end goal being the complete victory over the Champion of Kanto.

Family: He grew up with his sister just outside of Lavender Town, the surrounding caves and forests had always interested him, but when his sister died at the young age of 23 this all changed and he went into the wilderness to get over the Pokephobia he had developed.

Strengths: He survived 5 years in the wilderness alone away from civilization. He is strong and fast. He is flexible and is good at improvisation.

Weaknesses: He has a mild case of Pokephobia, but he is trying to over-coming that. He stayed away from civilization from 5 years so his manners need a lot of work.

Starter pokémon: Asher-Fraxure-Male-(Moveset: Dragon Claw, Iron Tail, Swords Dance, and Assurance)

(Is this good enough or should I work on it some more?)

Well a little more detail couldn't hurt, but my only real concern is that I'm a bit confused by something. If he spent all that time in the wilderness, surrounded by pokemon how come he has pokephobia? Or do you plan to expand on this with your posts?

I'll add you as soon as I see your reply :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    That's a good point...I'll add more detail and lower the amount of time he spent in the wilderness.

When writing it I was thinking that the reason behind it all would be he wanted to get over his fears and thus tried to live among them and it worked but not to his liking. He wants to completely be unafraid by them which will happen around the third badge.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That's a good point...I'll add more detail and lower the amount of time he spent in the wilderness.

When writing it I was thinking that the reason behind it all would be he wanted to get over his fears and thus tried to live among them and it worked but not to his liking. He wants to completely be unafraid by them which will happen around the third badge.

That makes sense :D
    and basically this is the next step in his recovery?

Edit: Welcome aboard.
    You can start in Pewter City since I'm yet to decide if I'll be changing that rule or not.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Name: Kaito Hiroaki

Hometown: Sootopolis city, Hoenn region, (moved to kanto with family)

Appearance: Kaito has long hair, ussually kept in a ponytail, black but slightly sun bleached, wears a short sleaved shirt and knee shorts. average but kind of muscular build and lazy posture. his clothes are like this sprite pretty much:
    Begin Again (OOC)

Also, I have decided he will always wear dark sunglasses. Sorta emulating american actors in that regard.
    His skin color is lightly tanned and his eye color is brown.

Height: 5 ft, 11 inches
    weight: 197 pounds

Interests and goals: Kaito enjoys fishing and teaching his starmie how to act in plays and theater.
    Kaito believes his starmie can display many emotions despite not having a face. (this is played for laughs really)
    His goal is to become an actor with his starmie, but goes on a pokemon journey believing that making his starmie stronger will make it more expressive and reinforce it's acting skills, believing pokemon battles are akin to performances.
    People who win the pokemon league are often celebrities, this entices Kaito.

Family: His family lived in Sootopolis for many years, his father , Katashi was a news reporter.
    Kaito's father always enjoyed theater, so Kaito believes his father settled for being a reporter.
    His mother, Mika deals with her husband and son's antics but is generally very supportive.

Strengths:

Determination: Even if his goal is unlikely or farfetched he will persue it anyway.

Thinking out of the box: He can find interesting ways to solve problems and win battles.

Empathy: This applies mostly to his starmie though.

Stamina: years of swimming, fishing and surfing have given him a lot of natural strenght and stamina.

Weaknesses:

Fear of electricity and electric pokemon: He was shocked by a lanturn as a child while exploring the nearby parts of the ocean with his starmie.

Melodramatic: He looks at pokemon battles as performances rather than competitions, often not making the most strategicly sound moves in the interest of a more climactic battle.

Absent minded: He sometimes misses important details if they don't catch his attention right away.

Ill fated curiosity: If you tell Kaito not to push the red button, he will most likely push the red button.

Starter pokémon: Engetsu the Starmie.
    moves are: psychic, recover, ice beam and rapid spin. (hopefully not too OP for first pokemon?) XD
    He will be a typical special sweeper with T-bolt and surf by the end
    but the mentioned fear of electricity will be a thing he struggles with.
    edit: since we can have 6 moves now, Engetsu will also know reflect. :D

Engetsu was given to Kaito by his father to help Kaito learn to swim when he was 10 years old.
    His father knew his starmie would protect him and save him if he started to drown.

Second pokémon: He starts with only his starmie.

which universe does this take place in btw?
    the games, the anime or the adventures manga?

Last edited:

Limbo

Basically, I love glasses
    Years
  • Hey there, mind if I place a reservation? I noticed spots were open, sooo yeah.
    I'll leave this here and work on it soon enough. :3

Name:
    Jason Ken
    Hometown: Sandgem Town

Appearance: When first laying eyes on him, Jason wouldn't really strike you as a trainer. He might creep you out more than anything else. He always has visible bags under his dark brown eyes, making him look permanently weary. His skin is almost unhealthily pale, and his form is thin and bony. As if that weren't bad enough, his face is usually locked into either a scowl or a frown, since he never seems to show many other expressions. Jason's been described as having the stare of a dead fish: lifeless and dull. He has a mop of matted black hair full of knots that he's long since given up on trying to comb. He's moderately tall, but he weighs far less than the average eighteen-year-old, courtesy of his eating habits -- or lack of them.

Jason hardly has a keen fashion sense either, a trait that's obviously reflected in his clothes. He just wears a simple black short-sleeved T-shirt and light grey jeans in most cases, along with a pair of plain white sneakers. If it's anywhere below 32 degrees fahrenheit out, he puts on a ridiculously fluffy coat that just looks silly contrasted with his thin body. It was made for cold Sinnoh weather, so it's fat, black, and fluffy both inside and out. And it's a size too big to boot.

Interests and goals: TBA

Family: TBA

Strengths: TBA

Weaknesses: TBA

Starter pokémon: TBA

Second pokémon: TBA

So many TBAs..

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Kaito Hiroaki

Hometown: Sootopolis city, Hoenn region, (moved to kanto with family)

Appearance: Kaito has long hair, ussually kept in a ponytail, black but slightly sun bleached, wears a short sleaved shirt and knee shorts. average build and lazy posture.

Interests and goals: Kaito enjoys fishing and teaching his starmie how to act in plays and theater.
    Kaito believes his starmie can display many emotions despite not having a face. (this is played for laughs really)
    His goal is to become an actor with his starmie, but goes on a pokemon journey believing that making his starmie stronger will make it more expressive and reinforce it's acting skills.

Family: His family lived in Sootopolis for many years, his father , Katashi was a news reporter.
    Kaito's father always enjoyed theater, so Kaito believes his father settled for being a reporter.
    His mother, Mika deals with her husband and son's antics but is generally very supportive.

Strengths: Kaito is very determined and likes finding diferent ways to solve problems.

Weaknesses: Kaito is very absent minded, and melodramatic. He has a fear of electric pokemon due to an incident that happened when he was a kid involving a stray lanturn.

Starter pokémon: Engetsu the Starmie.
    moves are: psychic, recover, ice beam and rapid spin. (hopefully not too OP for first pokemon?) XD
    He will be a typical special sweeper with T-bolt and surf by the end
    but the mentioned fear of electricity will be a thing he struggles with.
    (only getting over his fear when he fights Loralei)
    (character development yay!) :D

Second pokémon: He starts with only his starmie.

which universe does this take place in btw?
    the games, the anime or the adventures manga?

Okay, I really love your character but the SU needs a little work before I can accept you. Firstly, considering you have only given a written description his appearance we'll need a fair bit more detail there. Things to consider when writing an appearance that you may want to think about: skin colour, height, weight, fitness/musculature, eye colour, hair colour, hair style, distinguishing features such as scars etc and attire. You don't need to go into insane detail, but it helps other players if your character is easier to imagine. You may also want to consider supplementing your description with an image (not required, but possibly helpful).

I'm okay with his goal, for a bit of flavour an interest you could tell us a little more about his interest in the theatre but that's optional.

Your strengths and weaknesses are somewhat lacking also. I would aim to mention two or three of each. Consider his personality and experiences.

The last thing, I'd rather you didn't reveal your plans for character development for all to see in the SU. This is a personal thing on my part but unless you think you need to discuss something with me I'd rather we all got to be surprised by your character development because it will be more fun for everyone to read. :)

Anyway, I do love your character so I can't wait to see this SU fixed up so I can accept him. If you need any help feel free to PM me.

I can't post again till some one else does.

I should hopefully have a post up some time this week. Others will probably have some posts done to but people are going a bit slow right now because a lot of the RPers have exams at the moment.

Hey there, mind if I place a reservation? I noticed spots were open, sooo yeah.
    I'll leave this here and work on it soon enough. :3

Name:
    Jason Ken
    Hometown: Littleroot Town

Appearance: TBA

Interests and goals: TBA

Family: TBA

Strengths: TBA

Weaknesses: TBA

Starter pokémon: TBA

Second pokémon: TBA

So many TBAs..

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years
  • Hello there, I have been looking at this roleplay the last two days and have an interest in joining it but I have been busy the last few days but will get my SU soon up, also I want to use this post to ask for some help in terms on how to get started in the RP after I, maybe, get accepted after my understanding I start in pewter city and challenge Brock to then go on further, is that right?

My SU

Name: Sebastian Coxton

Hometown: Goldenrod City / Johto

Appearance:
    - He has short cut black hair, it mostly looks very clean and decently cared for, and not just like a wild mess of hair
    - His normal clothing choice is either his blue jeans, or shorts in hot weather, followed by grey to darker shirts but and if the weather gets bad a black coat
    - He has a scar over his right cheek that is only noticeable when somebody really looks at his face, as it healed over pretty well and is only visible as a different skin colour
    - He has a light skin colour, and his face still looks young for the most part, which is why he recently began growing a beard but it is still kept short, his eye colour is a dark grey with a shot of green in it
    - He is about six feet / 1 meter 81 centimeter tall with a rather slim figure, not really that muscular.

Interests and goals:
    - - Interest in History and past events, Sebastian has a great interest in finding out more about mysteries that Pokémon have brought up and the History, that comes along with it in past events.
    - - Travelling the region, Sebastian wants to explore and being able to explore, this is why he tries to get himself in a postion to make his exploring as least problematic as possible
    - - Psychic Pokémon, Sebastian was very interested since his first time hearing about Psychic Pokémon and their mystic powers and abilities in finding more about this specific type of Pokémon and to learn maybe from them

Family: Sebastian was born in Goldenrod City, his family owned a little store in one of the side streets of the inner city, making his life always quite calm despite the fact of the store, he lived in an apartment above the store with his father and his sister.

Sebastian never met his mother and his father never really mentioned her to him and so Sebastian never really wanted to ask. He had quite a strong bond to his father, as his father was left teaching his son on his own and often Sebastian helped out in the store, getting quite a good sense on if you want to get something, you have to actually do something first.

Mostly his father gave him books to read, mostly about Pokémon so that Sebastian could learn while also reading, but what his father didn't expect that Sebastian always used any chance to ask about those legends he reads if they are real, which his dad always made think of a quick lie to keep his interest awake.

With his 18th birthday, Sebastian wished if he could travel to the neighbour region Kanto to find out more about this world by his own eyes and not by reading books, him and his father worked hard for a few years till eventually the journey was made possible. Sebastian left his dad and went on a boat to Kanto where after a field trip, made his way to Pewter City now, the city being a major point for him to get to first because he read much about it.

Strengths:
    - - He has an above average intellect about Pokémon, not knowing everything by head but much already, he has developed his knowledge over the world of the Pokémon very much with his book learning.
    - - He always knows how to lead a group and what tasks have to be done, when he has to work with more than one person, he would be always the first to tackle a new challenge instead of backing away from it
    - - Even though of his duty abilities to not be afraid of any challenges, he is still remaining mostly calm and has quite the analytic mind, making him sometimes seem cold, at first, even though he can get excited if he mets something new that he never learned before about.

Weaknesses:
    - - He overly trusts into his abilities, making him quite stomped when he doesn't know the answer to a situation, and making him get quite hectic and unorganised suddenly if he is thrown out of the things he knows
    - - He can't really be just a member of a team or group, he has to give leading advices somehow always, as he can't really order himself in as he feels useless then and it's making him quite angry when somebody tries to put themselves over him
    - - If there is something to win, or anything to work for, he always wants to be mentioned that he helped achieve it or even better be the one who was the reason for achieving it, making him look a bit selfish

Starter pokémon:
    Species: Totodile
    Begin Again (OOC)
    Moveset: Scratch / Leer / Water Gun / Rage / Bite
    Personality: Always close to Sebastian, and trusts him a lot, but likes to find new things and also quite trusted by Sebastian in fulfilling what he has to do.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello there, I have been looking at this roleplay the last two days and have an interest in joining it but I have been busy the last few days but will get my SU soon up, also I want to use this post to ask for some help in terms on how to get started in the RP after I, maybe, get accepted after my understanding I start in pewter city and challenge Brock to then go on further, is that right?

At the moment that is correct, however once more people start getting to Cerulean I will be changing this.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    I have a pretty big writer's block. I plan to make this fight against the Gang of Bugs intresting, making one of the NPC's Pokemon that will follow Gelius evolve. But i am still trying to figuring out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    I'm glad you like my character! :D
    I updated my application, hopefully this is enough details.

This is my first attempt at participating in any kind of roleplay. :p

Years
  • I have a pretty big writer's block. I plan to make this fight against the Gang of Bugs intresting, making one of the NPC's Pokemon that will follow Gelius evolve. But i am still trying to figuring out.

Could you please PM me about this? Just so I can give you the go ahead etc.
    Was this something you already worked out with Adventure?

I'm glad you like my character! :D
    I updated my application, hopefully this is enough details.

This is my first attempt at participating in any kind of roleplay. :p

You're doing really well then :D
    Overall that is enough to get into Begin Again since I want it to be accessible to beginners, I would recommend that for some of the other RPs you continue working on building up your SU writing but for this I'm more than happy. :)

You have been added.

Oh and to answer your previous question, Begin Again is set in its own universe where neither the anime, manga or games are necessarily canon. However it is a lot closer to the games even though the mechanics it follows are more similar to the anime. Does that make sense?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Could you please PM me about this? Just so I can give you the go ahead etc.
    Was this something you already worked out with Adventure?

You're doing really well then :D
    Overall that is enough to get into Begin Again since I want it to be accessible to beginners, I would recommend that for some of the other RPs you continue working on building up your SU writing but for this I'm more than happy. :)

You have been added.

Oh and to answer your previous question, Begin Again is set in its own universe where neither the anime, manga or games are necessarily canon. However it is a lot closer to the games even though the mechanics it follows are more similar to the anime. Does that make sense?

Thanks! :D

Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense to me. :D
    I'll have to read some of the battles on this RP.
    I'm curious as to do people use offensive moves to avoid attacks like they do in the animes.
    example: blowing away a stun spore with gust, or using a rapid spin to dodge.

Also how do the characters interact with each other?
    Say, I see Octavius sitting on the bench in his last post on the IC thread and I want my character to approach him.
    How would I do that? :D

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    I think so gimmiepie. Gang of Bugs is a weaker version of Cerulean Gang.

Years
  • Thanks! :D

Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense to me. :D
    I'll have to read some of the battles on this RP.
    I'm curious as to do people use offensive moves to avoid attacks like they do in the animes.
    example: blowing away a stun spore with gust, or using a rapid spin to dodge.

Also how do the characters interact with each other?
    Say, I see Octavius sitting on the bench in his last post on the IC thread and I want my character to approach him.
    How would I do that? :D

You can be somewhat creative with the way you use moves yes, we tend to follow anime logic in battles. That being said, we'll be playing type-ffectiveness accurately.

As for your second question, you'd need to make sure that it is okay with the person playing him first. After that just end your post with your character starting the interaction. Following that you can respond to each other via short posts, or you can work together on a single joint post (my preferred method).

I think so gimmiepie. Gang of Bugs is a weaker version of Cerulean Gang.

No that's okay, your wording just made it a bit difficult to understand so I misinterpreted what you wanted.

Back