• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think I'll take that opportunity to start some interaction. >:3 There's a long line at the Gym anyway. xD
    Why doesn't anybody listen to me? :x The point of allowing so many players into this RP was that you wouldn't have to wait for each other. We're not supposed to all be posting in real time. You can include a timestamp in your posts if you want but as far as I care, it won't matter if someone takes a week to go through a route and just 1 day for someone else - you can still meet up after that. This was how journey RPs were done when I started RPing here. You do your own thing and meet up when you feel like it, and thus won't have to wait for days for someone who forgets to post or whatever. Just how realistic is it that a dozen new trainers storm Pewter Museum at the same time on the same day after all?

Can everyone please confirm that they have understood this? :p

(Basty, Alby help, I'm flailing and being tense again ;; )

EDIT: that of course still means that you are allowed to interact to your hearts desire in the Museum ^^ just don't feel like you need to go there and hang out with a dozen players just because 1 is in the gym. :)

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Name: Richard "Rick" Baker

Hometown: Goldenrod City, Johto

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Rick is fairly tall, standing around 180cm (5'9) with a slim frame lacking significant muscle development. In fact, Rick can be described as almost bony due to a lack of fat as well. Luckily, his face is not gaunt, instead carrying a youthful visage with big brown eyes that peer through copper colored hair. He keeps himself fairly groomed being clean shaven and his face free from impurities, though his hair is admittedly shaggy. Rick tends to do his best to dress well, in a white button shirt and a loose tie (because he enjoys breathing) and pair of pristine blue jeans. He wears a sports watch on his left wrist and a wristband on his right, to aid in wiping off sweat on the off occasion he cares to.

Interests and goals:
    Rick's greatest goal is to follow in the footsteps of his brother, Vincent. This means pursuing success on the grandest stage in the Pokemon world and challenging the Pokemon League. As such Rick has studied Pokemon and considers himself quite the student of the game, memorizing types and move sets and being quite articulate when it comes to Pokemon. Subsequently, many of his hobbies come stem from his love of all things Pokemon. He loves to read and train his mind, often studying up the best ways to raise and even breed Pokemon (influenced by the fact his starter was a baby Eevee that his brother gifted to him for his 12th birthday). He also has an obsession with collecting things, primarily Pokemon toys. This is a habit he developed in his childhood and hasn't let go.

As one may gather, Rick is something of a geek. He devours all forms of literature, having an obsession with mythology, both Pokemon based and otherwise. Newspapers and other articles often find themselves in Rick's hands, and he considers up to date on current events. When he isn't reading, Rick is constantly playing any sort of game that strengthens his mind. Strategy games are of particular are his personal favorite, such as Chess.

Family:
    Rick's childhood was a rough one for the most part, contending with a practically non-existent father and a working mother. He grew up with his twin sister, Stella, while being essentially raised by his elder brother Vincent, before he ran off on a Pokemon journey. Following Vincent's rash departure, he was raised by their neighbor, Troy, who did what he could despite his advanced age and more western tendencies, hailing from Unova (moving to Johto in his retirement).

However, Rick is still exceptionally close to his brother Vincent and twin sister Stella. Ever since Vincent completed his Johto tour, he has not seen him for any extended time yet they keep in touch via regular phone calls. Stella is attending school in Kalos, receiving a scholarship to fund the expedition. While Rick does not call her as much, he does keep in touch as much as he can.

Strengths:
    Above all, Rick is smart and that comes with a fair share of strengths. Considered a scholar by his family, Rick is intelligent a byproduct of his voracious appetite for knowledge. With his sharp mind, Rick has mastered thinking in the box and is trying to develop an ability to think outside the box. He is quick to assess situations, and draws apt conclusions with seemingly little effort. Rarely do situations daunt him, and Rick finds challenges fun and engaging rather than difficult. Determination is a strong trait that often pushes him forward, as Rick has instilled himself a desire to succeed.

Rick is also cordial with others, and tries his best to engage conversations politely. His good nature often carries him through most social engagements, as he does his best to understand and help people. He frequently enjoys conversation when he manage one; though many end up with Rick attempting to educate others and spread his knowledge.

Weaknesses:
    Above all, Rick is smart and that comes with a fair share of problems. He lacks any kind of athleticism, preferring to train his mind rather than his body. Due to his mastery of the "box" he also tends to be conventional in approaches to problems, as the unorthodox hasn't been tested it. Rick also prefers to sticking to plans and isn't the best at improvising or trusting his instincts when he should. Years of training his mind has also made Rick somewhat socially awkward, often failing to approach people in a natural way. His overly cordial nature has the potential to make other uncomfortable, especially women.

Starter Pokémon: Umbreon- "Hades"- Male- Feint Attack, Confuse Ray, Moonlight, Toxic

Second pokémon: Pikachu- "Zeus"- Male- Thunder Shock, Electro Ball, Quick Attack

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi Rai. I see you assume that Vincent is going to survive Crossroads. That is daring of you. VERY DARING. HARHARHARH

hrrm i mean you are accepted! A character who thinks inside the box instead of the cliché outside. I love it.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Yeah right... I ruined people's mood unintentionally...

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • Seems like most people're posting with the assumption that there's a line to the Gym now, huh.

But... Adventure said two times that there's no need for that, since time isn't linear between players...? Well, I'm not going to be there for a while anyway so I don't personally mind, but won't that be difficult for you guys if you need to wait for like three people to take on the gym before you do? 'Course, there's a chance for interactions and all, but yeah.

Anyway, I finally figured out where to start with Sigur, so bumping into people's gonna have to wait for me. He'll be over in Viridian Forest for a while. Also, Yet Another Logical Nerd, mind if I incorporate the Pikachu herd you were talking about?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thank you, Houou :3

And if you guys read each others' posts and find something interesting, I think it's only fun and great if you incorporate stuff that someone else made up into your own story. Worldbuilding~

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Seems like most people're posting with the assumption that there's a line to the Gym now, huh.

But... Adventure said two times that there's no need for that, since time isn't linear between players...? Well, I'm not going to be there for a while anyway so I don't personally mind, but won't that be difficult for you guys if you need to wait for like three people to take on the gym before you do? 'Course, there's a chance for interactions and all, but yeah.

Anyway, I finally figured out where to start with Sigur, so bumping into people's gonna have to wait for me. He'll be over in Viridian Forest for a while. Also, Yet Another Logical Nerd, mind if I incorporate the Pikachu herd you were talking about?

Sure. Feel free to do so, and the more the merrier!

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
  • I didn't want to go to the Gym just yet anyway because I want to get some interactions in first. The line at the Gym thing was just an excuse. xD

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since you seem to be taking any number of people in I think I might join.
    I have something of a character in mind and I'm thinking of giving him a Buizel and Pidgeotto.

If I misread just tell me to leave, that's cool too xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Since you seem to be taking any number of people in I think I might join.
    I have something of a character in mind and I'm thinking of giving him a Buizel and Pidgeotto.

If I misread just tell me to leave, that's cool too xD
    You are welcome to join in! I'd recommend going with Floatsel/Buizel and Pidgey tho ;) Pidgey can evolve pretty quickly anyways.

And I would love to cool up some kind of adventure with someone on Route 3! Aka between Pewter and Mt Moon. At least I think that's Route 3, haha, gotta double check.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I definitely want to start with buizel unevolved, and I'll go with pidgey if it can evolve quickly :)
    Just put up an SU if you want in. We're so many now that I don't bother listing people who haven't finished SUs ;)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    And now Raikiri is added to the FP as well. 8)

After seeing all the interesting characters and story ideas here, I kind of think I rushed the SU myself. Luckily it's still early time in the roleplay, so I think I will simply make a new character I'm more comfortable with, and restart with that one instead. I only made two or three posts and people are still signing up so I don't exactly think I'll fall behind.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Awright, first post is up and Keia's waiting to see if she caught That Grumpy Mushroom Thing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Awright, first post is up and Keia's waiting to see if she caught That Grumpy Mushroom Thing.
    I put a mini-post in the IC! Hope that works with you ;) Keia's gotta learn!

Back