• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm trying to make my Pokémon have personalities but I feel like I'm not doing well... tips, suggestions?
    Easiest is to just make them fit into stereotypes. And maybe later on give them unique quirks that bring them out from the stereotype :)

For example, in Crossroads, I have the overall goodguy male Quilladin, the calm yet sassy female Pidgey, the angry and skeptical female Honedge, the girly and proud female Flaaffy, the faint hearted shy male Whismur and two rather dumb Psyducks (gonna trade away one for a Dratini!). The personalitues just formed as I thought about what personalities I wanted Aberdeen (my trainer) to be surrounded by in order to be interesting. My fav is the Honedge ^^ and little Whismur.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Me and Odd are still together and i am thinking on getting a Linoone

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    Sooooooooooooooooo here's my SU peeps :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Arthur 'Artie' Cagliosso

Hometown: Snowpoint

Appearance:

- Physical: Artie is approximately 6'1 tall. He's slim, but lean and slightly defined muscularly. He has long-ish, blond, curly hair a la this picture. He also has stubble on his chin a la this picture sans baldness.

- Clothing: At the moment, Artie has two different t-shirts and pairs of jeans. One t-shirt is a deep blue colour with a faded logo of a pokeball on the front, the other is plain black. His jeans are black and blue. The black ones have no tears, but the blue ones are ripped at the bottom left and right knee. His clothes are fairly dirty. He has a light brown camo shoulder bag that hangs around his right shoulder.

Interests and goals:

- Interests: Artie likes adventuring. He enjoys discovering new places and seeing new, cool things. He also likes learning, be it facts and information or actual skills he can apply in the world, either for an actual use or to just entertain himself. Artie often prefers being alone than being with other people, especially strangers. He doesn't dislike people and is happy to be with them most of the time, but there are lots of moments where he just goes off on his own for a while because, well, he just likes it.

He also really likes rock music.

- Goals: As mentioned before, Artie likes being adventurous, thus one of the goals on this trip to achieve just that. However that is more of a side-goal or bonus feature of his adventure, as he has far bigger matters on his mind: He is running away or, as he would put it, 'escaping'. 'Escaping from what?' you might ask. Well, let's take a look at his family.

Family:

Artie is the second of three children of parents Maxwell and Rose Cagliosso. Maxwell is a high ranking general in the Galactic Corporation, colloquially known as Team Galactic, and is in charge of all Galactic operations in Snowpoint and the surrounding routes. Rose is a former glamour model and now a TV presenter for many shows, including Pokemon contests, beauty pageants and cooking shows.

Artie has two siblings, older brother Richard 'Ricky' (23) and younger sister Gwendoline 'Wendy' Cagliosso (18). Ricky followed in the footsteps of their father and joined the Galactic Corporation straight out of school. He is quickly climbing the ranks as a soldier. Wendy is currently studying Physics at Mossdeep University in Hoenn, and is expected to join the Galactic Corporation as a researcher and scientist when she graduates.

Artie, too, was expected to join Galactic, and in fact he did. For about four months. Artie had always been a little bit more neglected by his parents while growing up. Firstly because his parents were very busy people and din't have much time on their children. When they did, they usually focused on his siblings: The eldest who is set to become the 'heir' of sorts and was constantly being primed to become as high-a-ranking as his father, and their only daughter who was the pride and joy of both of them. This left Artie a little isolated which caused his somewhat lonely nature, but also caused him to be disengaged with his father's job and any interest in it quickly went away. Artie joined when he was 19 out of a sense of duty, and quickly realised he hated it. Four months in, while guarding a lab full of Pokemon being tested on, or waiting to be tested on, Artie made a drastic decision and released all of them, going against the beliefs of his entire family. Knowing that his father and brother would be furious, he ran away.

He stowed away on a boat at Snowpoint dock, which took him all the way to Vermillion, Kanto, where he almost got arrested for, well, stowing away. He hitchhiked with a truck driver all the way to Viridian forest, at which point he got kicked out. He is now lost in Viridian forest.

Strengths:

- Intelligent: Artie's parents were wealthy, thus he had quite a good education. He attended the prestigious Acuity Academy in Snowpoint, a private school. He got fairly average grades, but average grades there are better than average grades in the rest of Sinnoh's public schools. He's intelligent in that he knows a lot of information. He could tell you the names of most Pokemon on sight and probably what type it is. He could tell you what types are super or not very effective on whatever Pokemon you're battling. He knows the general geography and history of most Pokemon regions, simply because they were all taught at his school. He is very good with factual knowledge.

- Calm: Artie's quiet nature has lead to him having a very chilled out personality and as such he is very good in many pressured situations. He is usually able to make what he thinks is the best or most logical decision, whether it is or not is another question. Artie's emotions usually don't get the better of him as he is often able to control them. It takes a LOT to make him genuinely angry.

- Enthusiastic: Every now and again, something will catch Artie's imagination and he'll run with it for a while. During this, he'll become much more upbeat, active and energised for a while than he usually is. He calls these his 'moments of inspiration' and they usually last for a few hours to a day or so. He'll become very productive, more outspoken and ecstatic about whatever it is that has captured his attention. Although they don't last that long, it's moments like these that Artie lives for and he tries to embrace them whenever he can.

Weaknesses:

- Terrible at communication: It cannot be stressed enough at how bad Artie is at communication. He often makes what he believes to be logical leaps and bounds in his mind, and because he thinks they are obvious, has assumed that everyone else has come to the same conclusion, thus feels no reason to voice it to anyone. He also just genuinely forgets to tell people things that they should probably know, unless he makes a specific effort to do so. His communication problem leaves both him and whomever he's interacting with frustrated, as he thinks they should have come to the same conclusion as him and they're annoyed that he isn't actually telling them much, if anything.

- Cold: Artie's quiet, lone wolf exterior often puts people off him as he is seen as cold and emotionless or rude. It also doesn't help that he is usually very honest, often brutally so, when asked something. If Artie doesn't like something he probably won't voice it without prompt, but if he's asked he will not sugarcoat it. He's even been known to say quite insulting things to people's faces. In his mind, he's just being honest on his opinion and isn't doing it to be purposefully mean or anything. He doesn't get anything out of being rude, but that's how he can often come across, and a lot of people really don't like it.

- Inexperienced: Although Artie knows what trainers do and how battling works, he's never actually done it. His father despised league trainers, thus it was never on Artie's radar apart from TV and movies. When it comes to actually battling, he has a lot to learn.

Starter Pokémon:

Begin Again (OOC)

- Species: Croagunk
    - Nickname: Jass
    - Moveset: Mud-Slap, Toxic, Poison Sting, Brick Break

Jass was given to Artie when he first joined Galactic. Croagunk is a common Pokemon for grunts, thus he was given it as a standard procedure. Jass seems to match his owner's calm nature and is very chilled out. However he was bred for battling and thus when attacked, his instincts kick in and he suddenly becomes a lot more quick, alert and pumped.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yah, there it is. Hope everything's up to scratch, if not please tell me and I'll be sure to change it!

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I'll be posting sometime this week, I've been going crazy with work. And the excessive heat. MY GOD, THE HEAT.

Posted :D I ended the battle with Nidorino if that's alright (I didn't know how to make the post longer without making it a full on battle :/ ). But Damien's in the center drinking and taking a quick rest before heading out, so if Danica wants to talk to him after her checkup (I'm assuming she's going to get her knee checked out lol) then feel free. Otherwise, he will go off towards Mt. Moon :p

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Aaannnndddddd.... Jordan joins the Team Rocket! Although, he knew of them as some sort of excavation team, bent on finding fossils and apparently resurrecting them on Cinnabar. Also, Moon Stones.

I'm quite torn on what to catch next. Currently, I am aiming for a purple team. Goomy, Nidorino, and Zubat, fit the bill. The next purple one would be Ekans, but that would make my team seventy-five percent poison type. While I know that poison-types are good RP types, it doesn't make much story when most of your Pokemon is poison-type, unless you're a poison-type-trainer, which I'm not. Shall I continue this theme or break it now and just go random?

Years
  • A trainer who ends up focusing on poison pokemon would be cool, it also fits TR. Breaking your theme would be cool too though. Ultimately it's up to you, do what you'd prefer.

jombii

Years
  • ^Yeah. Poison-types seemed to fit TR well but I'm planning on developing that part of Jordan's journey better. Oh well, I'll just wing it.

jombii

Years
  • ^ yeah I've checked the list of purple pokemon but most of them fall under poison-types.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Anybody want to meet up with Gelius abd I on route 4? We just escaped the clutches of mount moon and are probably going to be involved in a multi battle with at least a Linoone and a Slowpoke... Maybe we could make it a wild triple battle, that sounds interesting...

jombii

Years
  • Hahaha, I think I will stick with purple. This could make a good story between Jordan and Danica.

Also, Oddball, I'll be exiting Mt. Moon soon enough. I could meet up with you. :)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Hahaha, I think I will stick with purple. This could make a good story between Jordan and Danica.

Also, Oddball, I'll be exiting Mt. Moon soon enough. I could meet up with you. :)

Yeah, especially since I plan on making Danica begin to get over her poison-pokémon-phobia by the time she has to rebattle Koga (she'll be horribly defeated in her first attempt). It could prove interesting to have the two battle sometime in the future. It's a pity that she's going to be stuck at the Pokémon Center for the night because of her injured leg.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I have a question before I post: approximately how long would it take to get from Pewter to Mt.Moon? I just said it took most of the day, so I'm not sure if that would mean Damien could get through Mt.Moon before it gets really late at night. I think I may have him venture into Mt.Moon and get lost or something and has to set up camp in a nook or cranny with his Pokemon.

jombii

Years
  • Yeah, especially since I plan on making Danica begin to get over her poison-pokémon-phobia by the time she has to rebattle Koga (she'll be horribly defeated in her first attempt). It could prove interesting to have the two battle sometime in the future. It's a pity that she's going to be stuck at the Pokémon Center for the night because of her injured leg.

dude spoiler alert. JK. Jordan's and Danica will meet soon enough. I just have to strengthen my poison-types first before that. HAHAHA

Years
  • Hey! Is anyone in Pewter city still who wouldn't mind interacting with my Joseph?

He's fine but I'm feeling a little lonely, Haha xD I'm also willing to write the post setting the scenario for when they meet.

Years
  • I've been working under the assumption that if you leave Pewter relatively early you can arrive in Cerulean or be close to Cerulean by late at night. Does that sound about right guys?

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Well then, I am looking forward when that day comes.

It's a deal then :P

I've been working under the assumption that if you leave Pewter relatively early you can arrive in Cerulean or be close to Cerulean by late at night. Does that sound about right guys?

That does sound reasonable. For example, Danica must have left around the afternoon and the evening is nearby (and she hasn't gone through Mt. Moon yet). So, yeah.

Back