• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years
  • Hey! Is anyone in Pewter city still who wouldn't mind interacting with my Joseph?

He's fine but I'm feeling a little lonely, Haha xD I'm also willing to write the post setting the scenario for when they meet.

I was planning to challenge the gym in my next post, but I'm always up for interaction (if you don't mind Sigur being a bit of a jerk, that is)! You mentioned that Joseph planned to watch some battles, so maybe he could be there to see Sigur's gym battle and they could end up talking afterwards? Or Joseph could have his battle after Sigur does, and then they'd talk after that... whichever works, really.

Years
  • I've been working under the assumption that if you leave Pewter relatively early you can arrive in Cerulean or be close to Cerulean by late at night. Does that sound about right guys?

Tasman left Pewter relatively early in the morning, but he was temporarily delayed by a psychotic Luxray and time at the pokemon centre - and now shenanigans in Mt. Moon that aren't posted yet. I'd say it'll be rather late at night when he gets out onto route four so he might just camp it out there before he heads off to Cerulean. Besides I have to allow time for Gati to get into a fight with another buizel xD

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Hahaha, I think I will stick with purple. This could make a good story between Jordan and Danica.

Also, Oddball, I'll be exiting Mt. Moon soon enough. I could meet up with you. :)

Okai! I just introduced a "Ferocious looking" Ekans (Just incase you want to catch it... it's purple after all.) into Gelius and my part of the JP. It is currently riding a Slowpoke down the river so just PM me and I'll send you the story so far. xD

T-t-triple battles!
    Edit: Just realized how crazy an Ekans riding a Slowpoke down a river sounds... Yet again this is a world where ten year olds are allowed to run across the country with nothing but a mouse that loves to electrocute people.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • That works for me. I'll just work on my post, exiting Mt. Moon, then I'll PM you.

Years
  • I was planning to challenge the gym in my next post, but I'm always up for interaction (if you don't mind Sigur being a bit of a jerk, that is)! You mentioned that Joseph planned to watch some battles, so maybe he could be there to see Sigur's gym battle and they could end up talking afterwards? Or Joseph could have his battle after Sigur does, and then they'd talk after that... whichever works, really.

That would be cool! I dunno if Joseph is quite ready to challenge the gym though. His pumpkaboo doesn't know any grass type moves yet...

But perhaps they could run into each other after Sigur's battle? Perhaps Joe goes to talk to him after seeing Sigur's battle, wanting to challenge Sigur himself? Or just talk, and quiz him about the gym leader :D

And don't worry! Joseph has dealt with his fair share of jerks xD Just don't be surprised if he doesn't warm up to Sigur immediately!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    Name: Sky Beat

Hometown: GoldenRod City - Johto

Apperance: Sky is about 5'11 and weighs about 160 pounds. (if possible could be compared to the picture in my avatar.) Wears a green longed sleeve shirt and a black collar shirt underneath of it with the collar always sticking up. Wears black pants that are not baggy but not skinny either so just right. Also has light green shoes.

Goals: Sky wants to become known over the kanto region as one of the best trainers who has ever traveled through Kanto. He wants to prove to others that hes capable of being one of the best of many trainers.

Family: Sky's family lives in goldenrod city and are staying there while he decides to take his journey to kanto. His dad was a pokemon trainer back in his youthful days. Mother was always helping take care of pokemon at a local breeding shop. (No brothers or sister)

Strength: Sky has a calm personality and can sometimes get excited if hes in a good battle with another trainer. He also likes to put his headphones in and listen to upbeat music to keep him calm and steady. He'll always keep one headphone out of one of the ears. This is because hes afraid he might miss something very important going on around him.

Weakness: When things are obvious and right in front of Sky, he can be a bit clueless to things. Example-(A female was flirting with him he would think she had a weird or strange personality.) He also gets a little emotional when someone brings up the story about his father and the league.

Starter: Grovyle: Lvl 20, Moveset: LeafBlade, Acrobatics, Mega Drain, Dig, Gender: Male

Background Story: All throughout Sky's life, he has been made fun of and laughed at by other trainers and people. The reason was his father years and years ago had tooken the pokemon league challenged and had not made it past the first elite 4 member. Afterwards his father never returned to the pokemon league again. When Sky was younger it seemed like everyone he came in contact with knew about that story about his father. Sky was to young to really pay attention to it but it seemed like everyone else wanted nothing to do with him and just thought of him as a low classed person who could never become a trainer. At the age of 12 is when you can become an official pokemon trainer and start your journey. This was common for all people who wanted to become trainers and get there first pokemon. As for Sky, he did not accept the opportunity when he was 12 due to the fact he couldn't find the courage to stand up and take on the challenge. Years went by and when he turned 17 his dad presented him with a pokeball. Sky had no idea what pokemon was inside and had no intentions of seeing it. His dad looked at him and said, "No matter what people say, no matter how people act, if you have a dream and you want to see it fulfilled, go for it. I want to see my son be the best he could be." With these meaningful words, Sky teared up and ran upstairs. As almost a year went past he left the pokemon in the pokeball the whole time. Until one day, he decided to see the pokemon. Out came a grovyle who stared at Sky to see his reaction. As Sky began to make eye contact with it, it soon became clear about what he had to do. He rose up to look at grovyle and said, "Were going to be the best team there is to be." As they trained for a couple of months he decided to make his way to Kanto to start his journey. Little did he know, life changing friends and companions awaited to be met in his future.

Also: Don't exactly know if im suppose to wait for permission or if I can just go ahead and start posting in the thread. Please let me know. ^__^

Edited~ As of January 18, 2015

Last edited:

jombii

Years
  • Hi Sky Beat. You're supposed to wait for permission from the GM (That is Doctor) if you're accepted into the RP or not before you post in the IC thread. Although, from one RPer to another, I think you may want to flesh out your character more. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    Will do, thank you for the advice Varys. Ill get right on it. Oh and also thank you for letting me know.

jombii

Years
  • Happy to help. If you want to get an idea on the acceptable length of SU's for this RP, you may want to check out our SU's. It's accepted so, according to logic, it falls under good SU. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Will do and I edited my intro. I hope its better and more up to standards.
    Hello and welcome to the RP! I will read and review your SU as soon as you take away the colored text. Sorry, but I can't read the bright green at all right now :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Name: Gabriel Lutherford
    Hometown: Snowbelle City
    Appearance: View attachment 74193

Family: He lives with his uncle on the mother side in the Kalos region but have moved to Kanto region for his uncle's work. His parents are diseased. Now that Gabriel is 15, he started to prepare himself for his own journey with his rival Daniel to learn more about Pokemon. His uncle gave him permission to travel as a gift for his 14th birthday which was September 8th.

Goals and interests: His goal is to be the Pokemon League Champion. He always like to train in his free time or catch and learn about other Pokemon he sees. He always dream about suppressing the strengths of each gym leader, elite four and the Champion and let them be amazed.

Strengths: Gabriel is good at solving mysteries and becoming the reason for peace. The good side about this is that he is everybody's friend and favorite.

Weaknesses: He fears of one day his Pokemon can no longer be with him and he also fears of not being good enough for everybody. His patience is not good for he doesn't like to wait. The negative side is he sometimes overwork with his Pokemon causing them to faint.

Starter Pokemon: Charmander (M) Scratch - Ember - Fire Fang - Dig - N/A - N/A (N/A - no moves taught yet)

Second Pokemon: Sylveon (F) Charm - Tackle - Disarming Voice - Attract -N/A - N/A (N/A - no moves taught yet) Note: This one was hatched from egg given by his uncle.
    Hello again. I have a few issues with your SU.

First, I feel like you haven't thought him through as a person. What does he like to do in his spare time? Does he go to school, and does he like it? Or is he an athlete or is he a bookworm? Does he hang out with his friends often or is he more of a loner? Etc. Your SU tells us not enough about what he likes and dislikes.

Secondly, why is he good at solving mysteries? If you put something like that down, you need to explain and make it make sense. Is he very smart or observing? Or has he had training with problem solving somehow? And if a negative trait is going to be a fear of losing his pokémon and not being good enough, you should remember this when you play as him; he'll be a character ridden with uncertainty and worry at times.

Also, if Charmander is your first pokémon, you can't have a Sylveon. Sylveon can, on the other hand, be the first pokémon you had (your starter) and Charmander something you caught on your way to Pewter CIty. And, you know... Sylveon don't hatch from eggs. They are born as Eevee and must evolve. As far as I know, at least :o

Lastly, I'd like you to provide a sample of a roleplay post you have written somewhere else, to show me how you are planning to write in this RP. If you don't have a post from somewhere else, you can type something up on the spot, but I'd advise you to be careful with using past and present tense. In your Crossroads SU, you mixed the two up sometimes. Don't rush it! :3 Feel free to submit a new SU including the things I have pointed out here.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Edited it. Sorry man because I haven't slept for a day. sigh
    Okay. I'm sorry, but your SU still doesn't make enough sense to me as you basically just blatantly answered the questions I posed in my last post, instead of thinking for yourself and make him a unique, believable character. Also your RP sample doesn't make enough sense. Nowhere in the first post do I mention that professors hand out pokemon as I particularly dislike that part of anime canon. Also, even though I warned you against mixing up tenses, you just copied the Crossroads RP sample with the same errors in it. All in all this tells me that you are not serious enough for this roleplay. You'll have to try your luck at joining another one, or come back later when you have gained a better grasp of what I'm going on about here :) thank you for your interest, still.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Apperance: Sky is about 5'11 and weighs about 160 pounds. (if possible could be compared to the picture in my avatar.) Wears a green longed sleeve shirt and a black collar shirt underneath of it with the collar always sticking up. Wears black pants that are not baggy but not skinny either so just right. Also has light green shoes.

Goals: Sky wants to become known over the kanto region as one of the best trainers who has ever traveled through Kanto. He wants to prove to others that hes capable of being one of the best of many trainers.

Family: Sky's family lives in goldenrod city and are staying there while he decides to take his journey to kanto. His dad was a pokemon trainer back in his youthful days. Mother was always helping take care of pokemon at a local breeding shop. (No brothers or sister)

Strength: Sky has a calm personality and can sometimes get excited if hes in a good battle with another trainer. He also likes to put his headphones in and listen to upbeat music to keep him calm and steady. He'll always keep one headphone out of one of the ears. This is because hes afraid he might miss something very important going on around him.

Weakness: When things are obvious and right in front of Sky, he can be a bit clueless to things. Example-(A female was flirting with him he would think she had a weird or strange personality.) He also gets a little emotional when someone brings up the story about his father and the league.
    I like your background story :)

But all these areas I quoted above need to be fleshed out a bit. Right now he feels like an Ash-clone, meaning his only goal and interest in life is to beat the league. That's not really making a unique and interesting character. Try to picture a real person in your mind, what they might be doing in their everyday life and what they have grown to be good at and bad at, what interests and friends their might have etc. Make him seem believable :3 There's already a ton of characters out there who's goal and interest is "to be the best there ever was" so you won't really stand out (and possibly not even have fun in the RP) if you don't make them a bit more well rounded.

Oh, and also, you tell us weight and length and clothes but nothing about what his body looks like. Is he pale, dark skinned, fat, lean, freckled, long or short hair, hair color, eye color etc?

Just some helpful hints :3 Hopefully you'll want to flesh out these bits a little more.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • That would be cool! I dunno if Joseph is quite ready to challenge the gym though. His pumpkaboo doesn't know any grass type moves yet...

But perhaps they could run into each other after Sigur's battle? Perhaps Joe goes to talk to him after seeing Sigur's battle, wanting to challenge Sigur himself? Or just talk, and quiz him about the gym leader :D

And don't worry! Joseph has dealt with his fair share of jerks xD Just don't be surprised if he doesn't warm up to Sigur immediately!

A lot of the earlier challengers haven't had super effective moves either, so I don't think you need to worry about that! If you don't feel like challenging the gym yet though, that's cool too. They can just talk after Sigur's battle - or, yeah, battle with each other (although Sigur really sucks at it, since he knows nothing about Pokémon battles. ... And yeah, he's challenging the gym. Woops.) His Pikachu also knows Reversal, so maybe he could teach that to Joseph's Pikachu? Would help him with the Gym as well.

Heh, to be honest I don't expect people to necessarily warm up to him at all, and neither does he, so that's cool with me! I like playing out rivals/enemies and the like as much (if not more than) I like playing out friendships 'n all.

I'll probably have my Gym battle up sometime early next week.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    Hi! Don't want to be rude or anything, but may I get some feedback on my SU? Because I posted it a few days ago but it hasn't been confirmed to be okay or crap or whatever :P

Back