• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A post is up. Danica chucked a ball at the Slowpoke and is waiting to see if she caught it or not.
    Danica caught a Slowpoke!

We're on a roll now 8) I guess I better put up Cerulean Cape asap. I will. Asap, with emphasis on p.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Hello there! I was looking for a journey RP and Dragon pointed me in this direction. I'd like to reserve a spot for this, if you'd have me. I am aware from reading that new members are not currently being accepted... But well, I'm going to put this here anyway so that in the event that I somehow get let in regardless or should spots re-open that I might be considered.

You know what they say after all, you can't break your arm if you don't chance it... but if you don't chance it then you'll never move your arm at all... and that seems rather inconvenient.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Normally I might shrug at someone posting an application where spots are closed ;) but in this case Dragon's already told me about you! Ah, contacts and friends, good thing to have. Feel free to put a SU up, and ask me if you have any questions about it or about how roleplaying works on this site. I presume you read the Roleplay Corner rules already >:) lots of handy stuff there.

Jay

Years

• Begin Again (OOC)

Begin Again (OOC)

Basic Info:
    Spoiler:

Goals:
    Spoiler:

Interests:
    Spoiler:

Family:​
    Spoiler:

Strengths:​
    Spoiler:

Weaknesses:​
    Spoiler:

Starter pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Second pokémon:​
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Hi guys, sorry I wasn't active yesterday, I had a killer midterm in my American Lit. class and I was a wee bit stressed. I am hoping to have my gym battle post up by tonight! By the way, HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!! Hope everyone makes good choices tonight. ;)

-------
    Okay, my battle with Brock is now up. :3

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Tomorrow, Danica Chandler will be meeting her new rival, when she tries to go north to the cape. I'll make the NPC character sheet for all of you to see :) If that's okay, of course.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • NPC Sign-Up (Blaze)

Name: Blaze Black

Catchphrase: Burn with me!

Apearance: Blaze has long Spikey red hair, very similar to Flannery's. She has a constant tan and a tattoo of a Slugma on her right Ankle. Her eyes are a ruby color, causing confusion for Octomologists (eye scientists) everywhere. When not in uniform she sports a pair of black jeans and a white tanktop with the fire type sigil on it. She always wears a pair of long black boots, and she has a pair of biker gloves for when she's riding.

History: Blaze is from the Johto region, she lived there for many years with her father Pyre. Pyre was a fire type master and happened to give Blaze her starter Pokémon, a Houndour when she was ten years old. She went on a journey, but fell in with a band of misfits in GoldenRod city. There she met Malice, her mentor. Malice taught the girl how to get people to do what she wanted, and the girl was a natural. When Blaze turned 16 Malice presented her with a gift, a motorcycle with horror flames down the side and a large menacing looking Duskull on the front. Soon after however, Malice disappeared and Blaze was heart broken. She knew that the man had been dealing with a criminal organization in Kanto, so straight a ticket for the magno rail and drove her bike into the train, much to bystanders horror.

When she arrived in Kanto it didn't take her long to find traces of Malice. He had left his mark everywhere, leaving a map that only she could follow. This led her on a wild goose Chase that suddenly stopped one rainy night in Veridian city. It was there she met a strange man with a Persian who invited her into team rocket. She joined and quickly rose through the ranks...

Pokémon:
    Houndoom
    -Fire fang
    -Incinerate
    -Quick attack
    -Flame charge
    -Crunch
    -Scary face

Lampent
    -Willo wisp
    -Flame burst
    -Shadow ball
    -Disable
    -Curse
    -Embargo

Talonflame
    -Steel Wing
    -Flame charge
    -Aerial ace
    -Brave bird
    -detect
    -Acrobatics

Fennekin (Shiny) (Birthday present from Pyre.)
    -ember
    -scratch

NPC Sign-Up (Blaze)

Name: Blaze Black

Catchphrase: Burn with me!

Apearance: Blaze has long Spikey red hair, very similar to Flannery's. She has a constant tan and a tattoo of a Slugma on her right Ankle. Her eyes are a ruby color, causing confusion for Octomologists (eye scientists) everywhere. When not in uniform she sports a pair of black jeans and a white tanktop with the fire type sigil on it. She always wears a pair of long black boots, and she has a pair of biker gloves for when she's riding.

History: Blaze is from the Johto region, she lived there for many years with her father Pyre. Pyre was a fire type master and happened to give Blaze her starter Pokémon, a Houndour when she was ten years old. She went on a journey, but fell in with a band of misfits in GoldenRod city. There she met Malice, her mentor. Malice taught the girl how to get people to do what she wanted, and the girl was a natural. When Blaze turned 16 Malice presented her with a gift, a motorcycle with horror flames down the side and a large menacing looking Duskull on the front. Soon after however, Malice disappeared and Blaze was heart broken. She knew that the man had been dealing with a criminal organization in Kanto, so straight a ticket for the magno rail and drove her bike into the train, much to bystanders horror.

When she arrived in Kanto it didn't take her long to find traces of Malice. He had left his mark everywhere, leaving a map that only she could follow. This led her on a wild goose Chase that suddenly stopped one rainy night in Veridian city. It was there she met a strange man with a Persian who invited her into team rocket. She joined and quickly rose through the ranks...

Pokémon:
    Houndoom
    -Fire fang
    -Incinerate
    -Quick attack
    -Flame charge
    -Crunch
    -Scary face

Lampent
    -Willo wisp
    -Flame burst
    -Shadow ball
    -Disable
    -Curse
    -Embargo

Talonflame
    -Steel Wing
    -Flame charge
    -Aerial ace
    -Brave bird
    -detect
    -Acrobatics

Fennekin (Shiny) (Birthday present from Pyre.)
    -ember
    -scratch

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    *Nods* I read the rules indeed. Thank you very much for this chance! I'll do my best to make my SU worth your time. ^-^

Edit:

Okie Dokie! Jun is finally ready for judgment! Please inform me of what you think of him and if there are any aspects of him that need to be tweaked, fixed or reworked then I will get to them immediately!

Begin Again (OOC)

Begin Again (OOC)

Basic Info:
    Spoiler:

Goals:
    Spoiler:

Interests:
    Spoiler:

Family:​
    Spoiler:

Strengths:​
    Spoiler:

Weaknesses:​
    Spoiler:

Starter pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Second pokémon:​
    Spoiler:
    Sorry it took me some time to get to this! Anyways, I have some things I thought about regarding your SU.

Firstly, the game plots either don't happen or haven't happened yet in our RP. So if one of these Eusines are the one in the game, it would be a bit weird if he was dead now. Could you maybe call them something else? They can still be Suicune chasers :)

Then with the weaknesses; all three of them seem to be variations of the same thing. He doesn't care for you, he doesn't talk to you, he simply isn't social with you. I'd rather you condense these into one broader weakness and try to think of a couple of other less similar weakness to add to your SU. Sounds ok?

Also, I see you have a tendency to use ... A lot. A hint from one writer to another, try to cut down on the three dots within paragraphs :) they can be used for effect now and then, but it mostly becomes annoying when they pop up in every paragraph.

Other than that, things look good! Let me know if you make the changes I suggested or want to discuss something.

@ Ponee, I'll get to your gym battle asap but can't promise when it's gonna be.

Jay

Years
  • @ Adventure

I had more meant to have the name Eusine as a nod or reference, rather as an exact link in lore... still I see how it could cause confusion and I agree that it would probably be for the better if it was altered.

I will change everything you mentioned as soon as I am able to. Also the "..." thing is a bad habit of mine. I'll try my best to cut that down as well in the future. ^-^''

Edit:

Alright, should be good to go.

***​

Changes Made:

~ Replaced all mentions of the name "Eusine" with the name "Densei" instead.

~ Was going to condense the weaknesses but didn't want to waste what was already written. Combined weakness one and two into a single extended weakness, left weakness three as is and added three new weaknesses on top of what was already present.

~ Revised the SU in its entirety, removed 90% of all "..." only leaving them in a few select locations. Also fixed up some minor grammatical mistakes among other things that I didn't see first time around, though nothing immediately noticeable. (Apart from the "..."s that is. The lack of them should be easy to see.)

***​

That should fix everything correct? If there's anything else you need me to touch up on then please go ahead. I like to think I take criticism well... after all, every bit of correction is just a chance for me to improve myself.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    bopdipopop
    Accepted! Much better :) Have fun in Pewter City.

Hi guys, sorry I wasn't active yesterday, I had a killer midterm in my American Lit. class and I was a wee bit stressed. I am hoping to have my gym battle post up by tonight! By the way, HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!! Hope everyone makes good choices tonight. ;)

-------
    Okay, my battle with Brock is now up. :3
    Haha, I'm so loving Capri and her expressions xD

COngratulations! Capri has earned the Boulder Badge!

Jay

Years
  • Accepted! Much better :) Have fun in Pewter City.

I'll get to work on my first post soon! Thanks for accepting me!

Edit:

I've made my first post now! I'll admit, apart from a few puns it isn't all that interesting... but I wasn't really sure how to start off without rushing too far ahead for one post or focusing on boring or irrelevant things. Expect more interesting content in the future!

Last edited:

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Accepted! Much better :) Have fun in Pewter City.

Haha, I'm so loving Capri and her expressions xD

COngratulations! Capri has earned the Boulder Badge!

She's cracking me up. I think she would be my best friend if she actually existed.(is that weird?) xD

I'll write a post in a few days. I'm currently dying from this research paper I have to write, so I need to rest my brain....

I lied. I had a random spurt of creativity, so I decided to write. Hope its okay I let little Forrest tag-a-long for a bit. :3

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • I'm sorry if I haven't posted my story post yet. For some reason, PC kept on crashing on my Google Chrome. The site's fine on my tablet, but I can't exactly type on that thing.

This happens on both the Desktop and Laptop. Dunno why. The pages just go "Whoops! The Page Crashed!"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm sorry if I haven't posted my story post yet. For some reason, PC kept on crashing on my Google Chrome. The site's fine on my tablet, but I can't exactly type on that thing.

This happens on both the Desktop and Laptop. Dunno why. The pages just go "Whoops! The Page Crashed!"
    You sure you didn't leave the page idle for too long while you were typing, so that you got logged out? They have shortened the idle time nowadays on the site, so it can happen more easily if you don't preview your post now and then.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • You sure you didn't leave the page idle for too long while you were typing, so that you got logged out? They have shortened the idle time nowadays on the site, so it can happen more easily if you don't preview your post now and then.

I'm pretty sure I keep mine on "Remember Me" so I don't have to bother with that.

And anyway, no. I just enter the URL for the RPC, and while Groudon and Kyogre loads (I use ORAS theme) it just crashes.

The threads are still loading, appearing one at a time, and then Poof! Gone. I guess it's the theme or something. I'll mess around with it a bit.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure I keep mine on "Remember Me" so I don't have to bother with that.

And anyway, no. I just enter the URL for the RPC, and while Groudon and Kyogre loads (I use ORAS theme) it just crashes.

The threads are still loading, appearing one at a time, and then Poof! Gone. I guess it's the theme or something. I'll mess around with it a bit.

Is the same happening in different browsers?

Edit: Just waiting for Cerulean Cape so I can start my next post.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Sorry for being away longer than I intended. Anyways, back now, and am about to restart posting.

EDIT: I have posted and await a decision on whether Zakk receives the Boulder Badge from Brock!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Is the same happening in different browsers?

Edit: Just waiting for Cerulean Cape so I can start my next post.
    Ah, didn't see your edit! Sorry. I'll try to get it up tomorrow the latest.
    Sorry for being away longer than I intended. Anyways, back now, and am about to restart posting.

EDIT: I have posted and await a decision on whether Zakk receives the Boulder Badge from Brock!
    Nice, I'll check it out as soon as I can.

Back