• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Years
  • My only problem is that last part in your family/history now.
    You should have been to Pewter and battled Brock already and something feels kind of iffy about you being teleported halfway across the country.

Sorry the way i read it it sounded like we started from Mt.moon and had to go back and face Brock. Ill go fix it to fit better and i got the teleport thing from when in pokemon silver the man at the indigo plateau used his Abra to teleport you back to New bark town. If you want i can change it to another way of how he gets their.

Years
  • Sorry the way i read it it sounded like we started from Mt.moon and had to go back and face Brock. Ill go fix it to fit better and i got the teleport thing from when in pokemon silver the man at the indigo plateau used his Abra to teleport you back to New bark town. If you want i can change it to another way of how he gets their.

Eh it's not that big a deal so leave it. Anyway, you do start at Mt. Moon just post Brock. You can go ahead and start posting.

Years
  • Luna Sacraphigo - Age 17

Biography

Hometown: (is probably in Kanto, but doesn't necessarily have to be)

Appearance: (picture is fine, but you can do a written description if you want to)

Interests and goals: (What are your interests and likes in life? What do you really plan to accomplish on this journey?)

Family: (who did you grow up with? Do you have any family today?)

Strengths: (positive personality traits, things you are skilled at etc)

Weaknesses: (negative personality traits, things you are bad at or afraid of etc)

Other Information

Io the Espurr ()

---

This is just a placeholder. I have things to take care of, but I should have this done, at the very latest, by the end of this weekend.

Macho! Looking forward to seeing your finished SU :)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Quick question, would it be acceptable if, in my next post, I have Curtis evolve into a Kirlia? I plan to make that happen after a battle with a wild Pokémon.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I think...hm...

...So, as you can probably tell, my character's still incredibly spartan. I can't get a good picture of my character in my mind in terms of backstory and the like, and when I think of how much detail that would take I lose motivation because I feel like I would be forcing those details.

...This may sound a bit strange, but mind if I jump over to Gunpowder? I feel like, as a character, what I want Luna to be isn't so much fit for a sandboxy Pokemon setting, but rather something where action is more expressed through her and focused on her. I feel like the world might fit her more, and I'll be able to create her around that setting.

Years
  • Quick question, would it be acceptable if, in my next post, I have Curtis evolve into a Kirlia? I plan to make that happen after a battle with a wild Pokémon.

I don't see why not :)

I think...hm...

...So, as you can probably tell, my character's still incredibly spartan. I can't get a good picture of my character in my mind in terms of backstory and the like, and when I think of how much detail that would take I lose motivation because I feel like I would be forcing those details.

...This may sound a bit strange, but mind if I jump over to Gunpowder? I feel like, as a character, what I want Luna to be isn't so much fit for a sandboxy Pokemon setting, but rather something where action is more expressed through her and focused on her. I feel like the world might fit her more, and I'll be able to create her around that setting.

Feel free to drop an SU in there whenever you want, like Begin Again places are open indefinitely.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • Sorry I haven't been posting. Some complications popped up IRL, namely my Uncle banning the use of Laptop during Sundays (He's Evil, EVIL I tell you!), and my getting involved in World of Warships and Midterm exams. So... yeah.

If anyone is heading through Mt. Moon and is interested in a joint post, give me a holler and I might be motivated enough to make a really lengthy post with you.

Just don't expect me to log in during Sundays and Tuesdays... They're both my free-days, but my Uncle banned the laptop during those days... I swear, he hates me or something.

Years
  • Name: Devin Varner

Hometown: Blackthorn City

Appearance:
    images

Interests and goals: Devin's motto is "Win and look good while doing it!" Just like any beginning trainer, he wants to reach and win the Pokemon League. Different from most, he wants to be flashy and make sure that even if he loses, people will remember his name. He wishes the same for all of his Pokemon as well, teaching them different ways of making their attacks stand out and fancy ways of evading attacks.

Just like most teenage boys, Devin is definitely interested in girls. He does tend to be quite picky though. While he finds looks of slight importance, he focuses more on personality. He hopes to find a girl who has a great personality and is beautiful in his eyes.

The final, most important goal to Devin is to figure out what he wants to do with his life. He finds that many adults seem to have repetitive lifestyles, a continual mediocrity. Devin doesn't want that. He wants his life to have some spice, one with twists every where. Like a Pokemon journey! He understands though, that it will be hard to maintain a Pokemon journey forever, so he doesn't want to be hard pressed to figure out what he wants to do when the time comes to finally settle down.

Family: Devin was the youngest boy in a family of six. He had two older brothers, Tyler and Chance, and a little sister, Haley, along with his two parents.

Tyler
    When Tyler was 18, now 21, he decided to move out. However, he didn't think it through very much. He tried living with one of his friends, but was eventually kicked out for not paying his end of whatever deal they had. Since then, he hasn't really been seen. Devin is hoping in the back of his mind that Tyler is somewhere in Kanto, but doubts it. He never seemed smart enough to go on a journey. Devin wants to make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes as his brother.

Chance
    Chance is currently 18 and is training under Clair in Blackthorn City. He is working on becoming a Dragon Tamer. Before Devin left on his journey, Chance gifted him with a baby Dratini that he bred himself. Devin is rather close Chance, but wants to take a different career path than him. One where he can experience many different kinds of Pokemon.

Haley
    Haley is 14 years old and is basically just being a typical 14 year old. She really hasn't done anything eventful or anything. She has vocalized that she wishes to be like Clair some day.

Gary (Dad)
    Devin's father was once a sailor in Olivine City. He planned on keeping that occupation his whole life, until he met his wife. She happened to be from Blackthorn, so that is where the family went. Gary now works as a miner and often brings home unique things he finds through his work.

Lisa (Mom)
    Lisa works in the local Pokemart as a clerk. She met Gary in the lighthouse when she was on vacation, eventually falling in love with him. She spends most of her free time raising her kids or taking care of house chores and such. (when she isn't making her children do it)

Strengths:

Go-Getter
    Devin, when he wants something, isn't one to sit around and not do anything about it. If he wants something or feels that something is right, he will make it his duty to accomplish it. He just doesn't like sitting still and watching things happen around him, while does nothing. He gets in the action, joins in on the fun.

Guts
    Devin is brave and isn't scared to get himself in potentially dangerous situations. In fact, he secretly enjoys them a bit. He stands up for what he thinks is right and won't hesitate to get his hands dirty. Along with this, he grew up with three siblings, including two brothers. He's learned to fight back and defend himself, whether it be physical or mental.

Self-Motivator
    Devin knows how to push himself in tough times. He doesn't need someone else to do so. He can trick his mind into thinking that he can't stop and that he has to do something. Likewise, he is good at motivating others. He knows how to use his words and what to say to people to motivate them.

Charismatic
    Being good with words and a bit charming, Devin is very charismatic and people tend to buy into what he is saying or just like him in general. His only problem is that he counts on this to get himself out of trouble and it doesn't work every time.

Weaknesses:

Impulsive
    Devin doesn't always think things through and does most things out of impulse. Not that he's stupid, just acts quicker than he should. More times than not, this gets him in trouble more than it gets him out of it. He's aware of it, just hasn't learned how to control it. Even when people tell him to slow down for a moment, he doesn't. This turns him into a rather egocentric person by accident, when he is usually somewhat caring.

Fancy
    Devin likes to look good in everything he does. From his clothing to his Pokemon to the way he battles. He lets this cloud his vision sometimes and get him into trouble. He forgets where to draw the line between looking good and doing what needs to be done. Even through his impulsiveness and his very active personality, Devin never forgets to try and look good.

Ego
    Devin overestimates himself. He thinks he is better than he really is. People get frustrated with this and have possibly gone off at Devin in the pass. Being Devin though, he doesn't really mind. He knows he can only be as good as he thinks he is and sees it as a positive trait. He does carry this with a bit of pride sometimes that he hasn't exactly earned.

Starter pokémon:

Dratini (M)
    Nelly

Thunder Wave
    Wrap
    Twister
    Dragon Rage
    Aqua Jet
    Leer

Second pokémon:

Spoink (F)
    Hop

Splash
    Psywave
    Odor Sleuth
    Zen Headbutt
    Endure
    Psybeam

Devin caught Hop in Viridan Forest before challenging Brock to a gym battle.

Other: I'm new to the whole CSS and somewhat new to roleplaying. I've only done a little bit on other sites, but that was all much less formal.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Devin Varner

Hometown: Blackthorn City

Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfPGGWZ0eLRMJzQwqieWEWmbYsJF3SlIkAqbiruJ_kLbRePtj4

I haven't reached 15 posts, so there is the link.

Interests and goals: Devin's motto is "Win and look good while doing it!" Just like any beginning trainer, he wants to reach and win the Pokemon League. Different from most, he wants to be flashy and make sure that even if he loses, people will remember his name. He wishes the same for all of his Pokemon as well, teaching them different ways of making their attacks stand out and fancy ways of evading attacks.

Just like most teenage boys, Devin is definitely interested in girls. He does tend to be quite picky though. While he finds looks of slight importance, he focuses more on personality. He hopes to find a girl who has a great personality and is beautiful in his eyes.

The final, most important goal to Devin is to figure out what he wants to do with his life. He finds that many adults seem to have repetitive lifestyles, a continual mediocrity. Devin doesn't want that. He wants his life to have some spice, one with twists every where. Like a Pokemon journey! He understands though, that it will be hard to maintain a Pokemon journey forever, so he doesn't want to be hard pressed to figure out what he wants to do when the time comes to finally settle down.

Family: Devin was the youngest boy in a family of six. He had two older brothers, Tyler and Chance, and a little sister, Haley, along with his two parents.

Tyler
    When Tyler was 18, now 21, he decided to move out. However, he didn't think it through very much. He tried living with one of his friends, but was eventually kicked out for not paying his end of whatever deal they had. Since then, he hasn't really been seen. Devin is hoping in the back of his mind that Tyler is somewhere in Kanto, but doubts it. He never seemed smart enough to go on a journey. Devin wants to make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes as his brother.

Chance
    Chance is currently 18 and is training under Clair in Blackthorn City. He is working on becoming a Dragon Tamer. Before Devin left on his journey, Chance gifted him with a baby Dratini that he bred himself. Devin is rather close Chance, but wants to take a different career path than him. One where he can experience many different kinds of Pokemon.

Haley
    Haley is 14 years old and is basically just being a typical 14 year old. She really hasn't done anything eventful or anything. She has vocalized that she wishes to be like Clair some day.

Gary (Dad)
    Devin's father was once a sailor in Olivine City. He planned on keeping that occupation his whole life, until he met his wife. She happened to be from Blackthorn, so that is where the family went. Gary now works as a miner and often brings home unique things he finds through his work.

Lisa (Mom)
    Lisa works in the local Pokemart as a clerk. She met Gary in the lighthouse when she was on vacation, eventually falling in love with him. She spends most of her free time raising her kids or taking care of house chores and such. (when she isn't making her children do it)

Strengths:

Go-Getter
    Devin, when he wants something, isn't one to sit around and not do anything about it. If he wants something or feels that something is right, he will make it his duty to accomplish it. He just doesn't like sitting still and watching things happen around him, while does nothing. He gets in the action, joins in on the fun.

Guts
    Devin is brave and isn't scared to get himself in potentially dangerous situations. In fact, he secretly enjoys them a bit. He stands up for what he thinks is right and won't hesitate to get his hands dirty. Along with this, he grew up with three siblings, including two brothers. He's learned to fight back and defend himself, whether it be physical or mental.

Self-Motivator
    Devin knows how to push himself in tough times. He doesn't need someone else to do so. He can trick his mind into thinking that he can't stop and that he has to do something. Likewise, he is good at motivating others. He knows how to use his words and what to say to people to motivate them.

Charismatic
    Being good with words and a bit charming, Devin is very charismatic and people tend to buy into what he is saying or just like him in general. His only problem is that he counts on this to get himself out of trouble and it doesn't work every time.

Weaknesses:

Impulsive
    Devin doesn't always think things through and does most things out of impulse. Not that he's stupid, just acts quicker than he should. More times than not, this gets him in trouble more than it gets him out of it. He's aware of it, just hasn't learned how to control it. Even when people tell him to slow down for a moment, he doesn't. This turns him into a rather egocentric person by accident, when he is usually somewhat caring.

Fancy
    Devin likes to look good in everything he does. From his clothing to his Pokemon to the way he battles. He lets this cloud his vision sometimes and get him into trouble. He forgets where to draw the line between looking good and doing what needs to be done. Even through his impulsiveness and his very active personality, Devin never forgets to try and look good.

Ego
    Devin overestimates himself. He thinks he is better than he really is. People get frustrated with this and have possibly gone off at Devin in the pass. Being Devin though, he doesn't really mind. He knows he can only be as good as he thinks he is and sees it as a positive trait. He does carry this with a bit of pride sometimes that he hasn't exactly earned.

Starter pokémon:

Dratini (M)
    Nelly

Thunder Wave
    Wrap
    Twister
    Dragon Rage
    Aqua Jet
    Leer

Second pokémon:

Spoink (F)
    Hop

Splash
    Psywave
    Odor Sleuth
    Zen Headbutt
    Endure
    Psybeam

Devin caught Hop in Viridan Forest before challenging Brock to a gym battle.

Other: I'm new to the whole CSS and somewhat new to roleplaying. I've only done a little bit on other sites, but that was all much less formal.

Well you're doing well!
    Welcome to Begin Again, I'm looking forward to your posts.

Years
  • Post up. Capture there too. I apologize for making it so long. I'll try not to do that too much.

I was also curious if anyone was interested in teaming up in destroying Team Rocket forever and ever... stopping some plot that Team Rocket has.

One more thing. If anyone could help me get some padding between my text and the boxes in my CSS I would appreciate it a lot!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Post up. Capture there too. I apologize for making it so long. I'll try not to do that too much.

I was also curious if anyone was interested in teaming up in destroying Team Rocket forever and ever... stopping some plot that Team Rocket has.

One more thing. If anyone could help me get some padding between my text and the boxes in my CSS I would appreciate it a lot!

Devin's capture was a success!

I believe some people had some TR stuff going on, try contacting them and see if you can work something out together perhaps?

Try a padding tag padding: numberpx

Years
  • Devin's capture was a success!

I believe some people had some TR stuff going on, try contacting them and see if you can work something out together perhaps?

Try a padding tag padding: numberpx

Thanks. I tried padding, padding-left, and padding-right tags, but nothing seemed to work. I may have just put something in wrong though. I'll play around with it on my next post.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    You can team up with me. But Gelius has some serious plot with TR.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • I'm planning to have a next post up later today, as I had a gig this week and had been busy with work so I'm exhausted still xD

Anyone in Cerulean Cape up for a JP? A battle, perhaps?

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Meh Why Not? I am actually almost leaving Cerulean Cape so you have your chance. Also, i am working on another NPC's SU. I gotta let you know all about my npc.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Here it is :) Will I start were I left off or start over?

Been so long since I joined an rp college/adulthood really got in the way for awhile but I have time again so I'm reserving a spot :) will have my sign up in a few days.

"Let's play"

Name: Lilliana Marie Davis Age: 12 Gender: Female Hometown: Lillycove City, Hoenn

Custom-made-Fairy-Tail-Dragon-Slayers-Wendy-Marvell-Cosplay-Costume-Anime-Japanese-costume.jpg

Interests and goals: Lilliana is a very sweet and naive young girl who tends to still act very childish for someone who is almost 13 years old. She's very playful and treats everything as a game, another thing Liliana does is try to get anyone she meets to play with her. Though most misunderstand the term at times nine times out of ten what she wants to play is a pokemon battle. She has a strong love for cute and beautiful Pokemon and she wants to catch all that she can in order to strive for her dream when she goes home to Lillycove, Pokemon contests. Her plan for this journey is to grow as strong as she can and collect all the cute pokemon she is able to in order to become a contest star back home. Another goal for her is to make all the friends she can along the way.

Family: Lilliana grew up with her mother (Aliyah) and her father (Marcus) as well as her twin brother (Alexander) in a well of home in Lillycove City. Her father was a big investor into the Lillycove department store and earned a lot of money back from his investments leaving the small family very well off. Her mother was a Pokemon breeder known throughout Hoenn for her skill and love for Pokemon. Trainers from all over made a point to stop by when in Lillycove to ask for advice and help with their Pokemon. Lilliana growing up spent most of her time caring for her twin Alexander who had been paralyzed in an accident when they where lilttle. What time wasn't with her beloved twin was spent with her mother learning about Pokemon Breeding.

Strengths: Lilliana has a lot of skill when it comes to caring and nuturing Pokemon due to her Mothers lessons growing up. She knows the types of food and berries each Pokemon likes and loves to groom her Pokemon at least once every day. She's also very playful with not only her Pokemon but with others as well. Lilliana also has a very active imagination that enables her to think outside the box when it comes to battling and making her Pokemon's moves look beautiful.

Weaknesses: Lilliana's childish nature can be a bit of a bad things at times. She's very naive and too trusting of People. She can't really tell right away if someone is a bad person that will take advantage of her. Lilliana also has a strong fear of thunder and despite growing up near the ocean doesn't know how to swim.

Starter pokémon:
    marill.gif

Marill (Aria) Female Moveset: Aqua Tail, Aqua Ring, Rain Dance, Bubble Beam, Ice Beam

Second pokémon:
    vulpix.gif

Vulpix (Alex) Male Moveset: Fire Spin, Wil-O-Wisp, Feint Attack, Quick Attack, Ember

Back