• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "beginners" advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2010
    hey everyone, i just started playing pokémon diamond for the first time,and i was wondering if you guys could help me out with this:

-what are good pokémon you encounter on the way to catch and train,to ultimately form a good team to beat the league

-where do you catch them?

-what moves should they have?

greetings,and thanks in advance :)

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • OMG! hi anyway see ya new here, you encounter them out side in certain areas like grass patches, you get given your first pokemon from professor rowan and well just experiment you catch the pokemon with pokeballs which lucas/dawn gives you

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    hey everyone, i just started playing pokémon diamond for the first time,and i was wondering if you guys could help me out with this:

-what are good pokémon you encounter on the way to catch and train,to ultimately form a good team to beat the league

Starly, which evolves into Staravia at lv.14 a which then evolves into Staraptor at lv.34
    Shinx, which evolves into Luxio at lv.15 which then evolves into Luxray at lv.30
    Budew is a good choice for a grass type if you didn't choose turtwig.
    And your starter.
    Ponyta
    Machop
    Abra
    Shellos, which evolves in Gastrodon at lv.30

-where do you catch them?
    Grass patches.
    Ponds
    Caves
    Fishing

-what moves should they have?

greetings,and thanks in advance :)
    Kinda depends on the trainer.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2010
    i certainly came over here a bit more noobish then i am. I'm just talking about diamond,i have finished several pokémon games,so i sure do know about "the grass patches" :)
    by location i was meaning like: that cave,route xxx

i just didn't know which where good pokemon to get in this specific game :),
    which is why i used "beginner" in the title :)

but thanks for the help,im sure your post will be helpfull pyrax :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Starly, which evolves into Staravia at lv.14 a which then evolves into Staraptor at lv.34- Route 201
    Shinx, which evolves into Luxio at lv.15 which then evolves into Luxray at lv.30- Route 202
    Budew is a good choice for a grass type if you didn't choose turtwig.- Rote 204 NOTE: After this evolves get a Shiny Stone at the end of the Iron Island side quest. It will become one of your best Pokemon.
    And your starter.- Talk to To ur rival and eventually you'll get to this point. Any choice is good i chose Chimchar at first but although i hate it, its probably the easiest to use just because it gains the Fighting type later on.
    Ponyta- Route 206
    Machop- Route 207 IDK bout this unless u can trade if you can great, if not then id find something else.
    Abra - gonna have to look hard but 203 and 215 also its a ***** to train and catch since it only has Teleport (a non attacking move in which it Teleports or gets out of every battle). So to train it keep it in the front of your Party and when a Pokemon appears or a Trainer battles you switch Pokemon to one of your strong ones and kill the other Pokemon Abra and your Pokemon with share EXP. Also if you can trade then trade this because it will evolve into Alakazam which is just beastly.
    Shellos, which evolves in Gastrodon at lv.30- Route 205 if you want a pink one, 213 if you want a blue one.

anyway hope that helped good luck.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Heya, aybara, I recommended that you pick your favorite Pokemon, train them, buy many items, and have some luck. You do not need a powerful team to defeat the in-game adventure. Any team works in-game. Also, after starting your adventure, you may post updates or recent happenings in the Sinnoh Journey Journal Thread. ^^

You may refer to this post to look up what route a Pokemon is on. Another source (for encounter rate and moves) would be Serebii.

Please use the Quick Question and Answer Thread for future simple questions, such as:

"Where is...?"
    "How should I catch...?"
    "Where should I train...?"
    "When should I evolve this Pokemon...?"
    "Which Pokemon is strong against...?"
    "Where do I go next...?"
    "What does this trained/wild Pokemon have for attacks...?"
    "How do I defeat...?"

Thankies.

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.