• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Beginning?

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Does anyone else think that the beginning of the game dragged out for too long?

I can't play it for that reason, as I get bored too easily.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I didn't pay attention to the legnth of the beginning, I was just sucked in by the game, it's so addictive and.. well awesome :)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I haven't played the games yet (they haven't been released here) but this really does not surprise me. Every Generation, the beginnings have gotten longer and longer.

Gen I was literally just what's your name and what's your rivals name, and you're straight in. Gen IV started with a pointless Red Gyarados report followed by the whole Lake Verity thing.

Last edited:

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    I have not played the game, but all beginnings of the games are like that.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    No, it wasn't. I loved it actually. I think it was the quickest beginning.

I loved it way better than the beginnings of the other games...especially HeartGold/SoulSilver...that beginning dragged out wayyyyyyyy to much. But maybe that's because I did it like 30 times to stock up on extra Palkia's , Diagla's, and Giratina's from that Arecus event.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Well, I never played the game yet, but had seen videos on people playing it. Beginnings are like introductions; that's why they're long. I have no problem with that, but the thing is I just want to save the game once I'm able to. ;P

But I honestly don't think the B/W beginning was that long.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I thought it was just fine and moved along nicely. Honestly... I can't say I've ever gotten bored from a Pokemon game right off the bat like that. I kind of expect the beginnings to be the way they are. This one was longer, but I liked it and it's not like it was a cliché or an expected one... at least if you ask me.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I didn't think it was that long when I played it, it's the same as the other games apart from your with your counterparts for a little longer.

Stop complaining about everything Joseph.

The Red Chain

I kind of feel the beginning is a bit draggy too.
    I've played the game over about 4 times on a ROM before, and I dread that long beginning.
    It makes me feel annoyed and sometimes I even looked away from the screen just to pass it faster.

.. They probably shouldn't have dragged it out so much.. ]:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I didn't really care about the beginning since I was excited about B/W. But after playing through it a few times, it is long.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    oh boy i dont mind most, but due to some stuff i did B/W's 12+ times! that gets annoying fast, i thought it was a bit long too, but oh well new players = no idea what their doing so yeah, i guess thats why..

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I didn't really notice the beginning dragging at all. o_O I've only played it the one time so maybe it just didn't get a chance to leave any impression but I thought it was an okay length. There were some tutorial-type things that I didn't expect to hit so late in the game, iirc, but overall I didn't find it that much more/less annoyingly long than any of the other recent games. :p

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I haven't played it...but I have heard for the first while all you'll ever see are Minezumis and Yooteris with the occasional Choroneko thrown in.

So it sounds like a very slow start, but have patience these things always pick up. :)

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I didn't find the beginning long at all, it felt merely as a good introduction into a new generation much different than the others.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    The beginning itself is not that bad.

What I don't like is the time you need to wait before you can trade Pokemon. :\

All Pokemon games (Main series) have had the same trade waiting period.

1st badge.

I like the beginnings of the games, I like seeing all the 3D graphics and such.

If it's the actual game beginning (Choosing Starter and such) It seemed like one of the shortest since you choose your starter and are on your way. ~ :D

Back