• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Behind The (Potential) Names

How are you going to decide your player/rival name(s)?

• Total voters

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Player: Evey (Short for Evil Sonic)
    Rival: Dell (Short for Evil Dell)

I always use these names.

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
    Protagonist's Name: My Own
    Rival's Name: Whatever fits, probably Cecil or something.

On Pokemon (Fire)Red, Leafgreen, Blue, or Yellow, I just name my rival Gary, but on Silver, Gold, and Crystal, I just name him whatever I feel like since he doesn't have an anime name (that I know of).
    So I just name my rival after my friends or other names that I happen to like.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Probably what I have always done in the past. My name is Zach so I have always made my counter part Jack. It may sound corny, but thats how I have always done it since I was a kid lol. Sometimes I did choose the name of someone who was actually a rival of mine.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2015
    Protagonist: Silver
    Rival: Gold
    Soul: Crystal

Just for nostalgia!

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    Hmm... I'll b getting the jap version so I'll do my name in jap for the player. As for the rival and girl, havent thought of 1 yet. Maybe default.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Gold, Silver, and Soul (or whatever the girls canon name will be).

Yeah, I'm boring, keeping canon names on all my RPG characters. :P

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I always name myself Omer, because that's my name. I usually name the rival something random. I remember I named him ??? in Silver (because I thought that was really his name :S), but in SoulSilver, I'll probably name him something like Gold.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    I am going to stick with what I named my person in Platinum. "Seth". As for the rival, I am going with Silver, for nostalgic reason.

As for the girl, I will probably stick with a default name, as I can never think of a name for the girl character.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    I always name my character slelo, so that would be the girl. i would name my rival fentolivor, or maybe saphire. if you can name the other gender person, i would name them entomage. or ruby. i like odd names.

Ephraim

I am no servant.
    Years
    I usually name the MC after FE characters.

MC = Ike/Ephraim
    Rival = Marth/Seth
    Female = Lute/Tanna

They fit pretty well, since it's Nintendo.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I've been actually thinking about this and I usually name me, the main player after my real name. So, it may go something like this for the most part:

Player: Shivi
    Rival: Silver [It has grown on me for the past few months after hearing about the remakes]

Also, if we have the option of naming the supporting role then I might go with Lorlei for the new female. I think the name [in a way] fits her appearance to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2015
    Well the male and rival are always going to be Gold and Silver. It sounds better then naming them something else.

As for the new girl in HG i'll name her Heart and for SS she will be Soul. This idea actually just came to me as I was typing. They both sound like names that would fit her. But man, I wish she was still Kris so I could name her Kris.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I think;

Player: My own name

Rival: James (as in Pt) or maybe Jack (24 inspiration)

Female: Soul or Kris (can't decide)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Me

Boy: Jimmy
    Rival: Marcus
    Girl: Jessica (if you get to name her if you choose the guy.)

My brother

Boy: Gold
    Rival: Silver
    Girl: Soul

My brother is very unoriginal.

Freeziepop

lulztastic
    Years
    Well I'm naming my rival Kamon. For funsies.

I'll probably end up naming the main character Kenta. I don't want to play as the girl. If I would have, I'd have probably found some other "K" name for her, or just call her Kris. -shrugs-

Back