• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Behold the New Pokerap!

Do You Like the Unova Pokerap?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Absolutely not.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Meh.

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The band themselves aren't bad (I actually like a cover that they did of another song), and a lot of other people like their songs. It's just that this one is...meh. It's not really what I'm used to from a Pokerap. The first two are my absolute favorite ones because of how fun and how much energy the songs had, as others have mentioned. This one just seems so quiet. With the exception of the chorus, it's not really memorable or doesn't have the fun part of just yelling out the Pokemon's names, as my friends and I still do with Kanto's rap.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    TPCi collaborated with the Presidents of the United States of America (The band, not Carter, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama) to create a new theme song for the franchise, titled "Can't Stop (Catchin' 'Em All)". Check it out:

[ythd]3hAyfHohGl8[/ythd]

It's not half bad, if I do say so myself.

LOL, I found it funny that Pokemon USA and the Presidents of the United States of America share the same acronym (PUSA). Even more fitting that an American-themed band is doing the Unova PokeRap.

The song was actually decent, IMO, though it's still trumped by the Kanto and Johto PokeRap. Possibly better than the Hoenn one.

I'm actually glad we're still getting a "PokeRap"; I hated that Sinnoh Pokemon didn't receive one (another minor thing is when some Pokemon happens to get left out) :(. Relicanth and Zigzagoon are currently the only ones not mentioned in any. I wish the old singers of Pokemon were doing it, though...

The Unova PokeRap song's background instruments were a bit strange at times, but I eventually stomached it. I'm still going with my own pronunciations... (actually, haven't pronunced much as I'm avoiding English name spoilers, though I realized I basically have come across the identity of each Unova Pokemon by accident. T_T)

Hopefully, we get a proper anime music video that uses clips of the Pokemon, being similar to the video of the original Kanto PokeRap.

I can't stop catching them all...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It's good, but it is quite cheesy. :/

At the very least it is much more better than the B/W opening theme.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think it's going to get me singing this, or at least humming it... It's too catchy, I couldn't resist.

Nameless.

.... It's certainly something else, isn't it? xD
    I kinda like it, just for the fact that they give a small description to each Pokemon with every name called out. But yeah it's really not all that fun to sing and learn, maybe as a one-time thing to get to know Unova's Pokemon and to hear pronunciations. Sadly I'm without headphones right now so I can't even hear the singer well, but I heard a bit of it. I really think it could have been done better though -- even with this "half-ear" I got going on.
    Pronunciation wise, they are still trying way too hard to be unique. Kanto Pokerap still sits nicely at the top of the awesome list. :3

At least this Pokerap is better than the others I've heard.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    This was good. But i thought all the presidents were really going to sing!

That would have been total awesomeness! I really wish The Pokemon Company had the means to make that happen. Instant viral hit, and mega-publicity for Pokemon. :cer_boogie:

I really like this song! It is awesome! I really like how it sounds. I like how it says a lot of the Unova Pokemon.

Uh...it says all of the Unova Pokemon, LOL. And that's the only region showcased. :\

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    Not very good if you ask me. Lacks the usual energy. Plus, I just personally don't like it. It just seems like a boring song if you ask me, same beats over and over, and rather monotone lyrics.

I agree with this, I really don't like it but at least now I can prounouce their names I suppose.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    You have the lyrics?
    Post it here

Sorry. >.< What I meant was that the song was made to showcase only Unova Pokemon, with the post I quoted making it sort of seem like other regional Pokemon were there. Ugh, I can't explain it properly. T_T For its length, it would seem like the majority of Unova Pokemon got mentioned, and I didn't hear any familiar names during the song.

Though it would be nice to get the lyrics at some point...maybe someone can scribe them when PUSA performs at the New York BW event in a few hours? Or there's always the mp3 IGN provided.

Also, I just learned that the Presidents of the United States of America are the same people who did the "millions of peaches...peaches for me" ("Peaches") song. I've heard the "Peaches" song before; I just didn't know who it was BY. >_>

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I just noticed most of the Pokemon in the Poke Rap appear in previous or upcoming episode, with the exceptions of ones like Watchog and Emboar. So maybe once all the episodes of Season 14 are played, all the Pokemon in the Poke Rap will hae their appearence.

Darthrai

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Not a bad song, just... it doesn't really count as a Pokérap.

Pretty cool that they got a real musical group to do the song, though - reminds me of how They Might Be Giants did songs for Homestar Runner. :)

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Nothing can beat the good old Pokemon Rap from Kanto. This was ok; not that bad but I like the Kanto rap so much better.

Back