• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Belzeebubs Showcase. Nishi Region Pkmn!

Do you like my sprites?

• Holy macarony they're good! O_o

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • They're Good!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Average, nothing special.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • They suck. Go and hide somewhere!

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
    Ow wow! New sprites! They look so cool! @_@

The colourations and everything are just awesome! I have a slight problem with the shiney Basilick though, it looks a bit odd with such a royal purple, maybe a slightly lighter shade? Otherwise excellent job! ^_^

Wilph

Deadly Sinner
    Years
    Nice. I like Viroxy, the way that it has the transparent outer layer round him, I think you did that well. Definitely one of my favourites.

Both the water starter and the lizard are cool as well. I don't particularly like the orange on the water starter though, I think that would look better as yellow or beige.
    Lizard one looks a bit like a dinosaur, it would be cool to see an evoultion of it going down that path.
    I'm not too keen on the electric one though, Its pose looks pretty 'forced' and it looks like Ampharos too much. Perhaps you could try editing it into an electric-eel type pokemon? That would be pretty sweet.

xMeteorxStriker

Chicken...Gave Me a Bad Coupon
    Years
    yah the front view of Beavy looks fine (accept the shiny) but the back view the ears look huge lol...about the shiny it makes me think rattatta too much (sorry for repeating myself

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
    Two new pokemon (;

Catsym
    Type: Cat Pokémon
    Element: Psychic/Dark
    Height: 2'00"
    Weight: 15 lbs.
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    Evolution: Catsym -> (Level 28) Pumist

Pumist
    Element: Psychic/Dark
    Height: 7'70"
    Weight: 160 lbs.
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    Evolution: Catsym -> (Level 28) Pumist

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    I'm not a big fan of fusions, but these are pretty good. I notices that Catsym's tail is a little unrealistic though. Maybe try to add a bend in there somewhere. It just looks odd with the tail going down in a straight curve like that.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    can i ask what that water starter is edited from its been buggin me not knowing thx

RLan69

Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Beavy looks a bit too much like Rattata, but good job nonetheless.

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
    @megafuz: I think it looks rather good. But I'll maybe change it later ;)

@Maxxa: Erhm okej ^^. The Waterstarter you mean? Well like this; The body is Cyndaquil's (nose removed), the face is Plusles, the tail is from Totodile and the ears is from Marshtomp (The things on it's legs).

@RLan69: Yeah, I think so to, so I think I'll redo it later.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Oh oh! Can I adopt Viroxy pu-leeze????? Its just so cute! Reminds me of experiment 222 from Lilo and Stitch. ^^;
    The Water Starter How about Kappa? Y'know, the Japanese water demon?

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
    @BrokenWings: Ofcourse you can adopt it. And the lilosticht thing; I've got my inspiration from there ;)
    Kappa. Yes, that might be a good name. But still; I don't think it looks alot like a kappa :/. Y'know with the hole in the head?

UPDATE: I've namned them now; Luter, Lutrater and Luriver. Thx anyway for your namesuggestion, BW (:

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
    Update; The fire-starter pkmn. Cleow (:

Cleow
    Element: Fire
    Height: 2'00"
    Weight: 19 lbs.
    Ability: Blaze
    Evolution: Cleow -> (Lv. 16) Unnamed - (Lv. 36) Unnamed

I also put up the info for the waterstarter 'cause it has a name now, Luter!

And I've descovered something. These looks a lot better on light backgrounds than on dark (I'm currently using 'Midnight Misty'). So please try a template with i light background to get the best look of them.

Last edited:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Thay are good Belzeebub! I try to base my sprites from your work...I love them!

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    I liek the firs starter you gots there. This really makes me want to try and do scratch and the sort,( dude has also insprired me)

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
    @Maneachicken: Wow. Thx. O.o Didn't think I could inspire someone ;P

@Dude256: Thank you. I've still got no idea of what kind of grasstarer I'm gonna' use. I've done i bird evolution, Kolibri to a Tucan (dunn' if that's their english names, sry ^^). But when you look at all the official grasstarters, they are all reptilians. :/

@Hyperion: Thank you! I wish I could do from scratches to. The ears and the tail on Cleow is from scratch and I'm really proud of them. (:

Tigerupt
    Type: Tiger Pokémon
    Element: Fire
    Height: 3'40"
    Weight: 75 lbs.
    Ability: Blaze
    Evolution: Cleow -> (Lv. 16) Tigerupt - (Lv. 36) Unnamed

Last edited:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Scratch sprites are difficult, and i tend to pick apart other sprites to make new ones. and well yes, you are the reason why I statred to make my own Pokedex...

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
    @Maneachicken: Well yes, I do that to. Pick apart oter sprites to make new ones. Like heavely redone fusions, or something. And I'm glad that I inspired you. Maybe you have somewhere that you show your pkmn?

One new pokemon. The grasstarter (for now)

Humnect
    Type: Hummingbird Pokémon
    Element: Grass/Flying
    Height: 1'20"
    Weight: 2.4 lbs.
    Ability: Overgrow
    Evolution: Humnect -> (Lv. 16) Unnamed - (Lv. 36) Unnamed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back