• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ben Affleck to Star in "Man of Steel" Sequel.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2400713/Ben-Affleck-confirmed-play-Batman-Man-Of-Steel-sequel--fans-split-surprise-choice.html

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/ben-affleck-to-play-batman-in-man-of-steel-sequel

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/ben-affleck-will-play-batman-in-man-of-steel-sequel-1.1423117

So, the big star is going to try on Batman in the Sequel to the Hit "Man of Steel" Movie which was out in June. Not only that, but, he's going to be starring along side Henry Cavill, the actor who played Superman in MoS.

So guys, what are your thoughts? How do you feel about Ben being Batman? Do you feel that Ben and Henry will be able to compliment each other in their roles?

DISCUSS AWAY!~

Years
  • Well the film will probably be terrible itself so I guess it isn't so bad that they got a terrible actor. Batman has been ruined by the film industry enough times before, but after the dark knight trilogy, this is more annoying than the past screw ups.

Years
  • This is why Warner bros has issues with superhero movies - they shoot themselves in the foot and take a step backwards. You can't model MoS after Nolan's Batman movies - same motifs, themes, etc, and not use Nolan's actual Batman. Ugh. I understand Bale may not have wanted to do it in order to preserve the ending and the sanctity of the Trilogy, but with some good writing, they could easily have worked Bale's Batman into it.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
  • Livewire:

This is why Warner bros has issues with superhero movies - they shoot themselves in the foot and take a step backwards. You can't model MoS after Nolan's Batman movies - same motifs, themes, etc, and not use Nolan's actual Batman. Ugh. I understand Bale may not have wanted to do it in order to preserve the ending and the sanctity of the Trilogy, but with some good writing, they could easily have worked Bale's Batman into it.

Just want your thoughts on this: how do you think Batman (understood as the one portrayed by Nolan) would function in a world that has Superman? Nolan's Batman is way too realistic, and I simply don't understand how it would fit in a world wrought with scientific absurdities (cf. Sheldon Cooper). This is why I welcome the casting change for Batman.

Nuke:

Well the film will probably be terrible itself so I guess it isn't so bad that they got a terrible actor. Batman has been ruined by the film industry enough times before, but after the dark knight trilogy, this is more annoying than the past screw ups.

What do you think about Affleck's acting in Argo?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wouldn't be so fast to enter the Affleck hate train. He is a decent actor, and I mean, I remember when Heath Ledger was first cast as the Joker before the movie came out, and pretty much everyone was like "OMG, what a terrible choice, he won't be half as good as Jack." I guess the question I would ask is, because Bale won't come back, who does everyone feel would be a better choice?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Just want your thoughts on this: how do you think Batman (understood as the one portrayed by Nolan) would function in a world that has Superman? Nolan's Batman is way too realistic, and I simply don't understand how it would fit in a world wrought with scientific absurdities (cf. Sheldon Cooper). This is why I welcome the casting change for Batman.

He would not. That is why it is getting a reboot instead of integrating Nolan-verse Batman (or Robin) into the Justice League movies. It has been explicitly states. IDK why Afleck is getting hate, honestly. He's a very good actor. Yeah, Daredevil was less than stellar, but that wasn't because of Afleck's acting.

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
  • He would not. That is why it is getting a reboot instead of integrating Nolan-verse Batman (or Robin) into the Justice League movies. It has been explicitly states. IDK why Afleck is getting hate, honestly. He's a very good actor. Yeah, Daredevil was less than stellar, but that wasn't because of Afleck's acting.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said basically. In light of this, I simply think getting Bale (or any other major actor from the Nolan trilogy) in the Justice League series would simply be a bad idea.

I remember losing my marbles when I heard Mark Ruffalo is going to play Hulk instead of the usual Ed Nor, but his performance easily exceeded expectations. Same goes with Heath Ledger playing joker.

Here's what Snyder himself had to say about Affleck:

Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him.

Source: batman-news(dot)com

Years
  • @Shamol, I must admit I haven't seen Argo, but I've seen his most comparable role as Daredevil. Terrible.

We'll see how it goes, but I doubt it will end well.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Batman has been ruined enough..But seriously Ben affleck?

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • I don't think he's done any kind of role that merits praise, but then again I've only seen his work in Good Will Hunting, Daredevil, Armageddon and most recently Argo. I think Ben Affleck's a decent actor, and I'm pretty much indifferent about him playing Batman (probably the same way I thought of Christian Bale playing the same role). It's not like the role requires huge acting chops like The Joker, right?

If I had to pick a replacement for the dark-haired broody superhero, I think I'd go with Michael Fassbender or Joaquin Phoenix.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmm...well seeing as Dark Knight Rises kinda sets up Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the new Batman, I don't think Affleck's a worse choice than him. I do wonder if this Batman will be in any way related to the Dark Knight Trilogy batman though.
    Also, a lot of people cite Daredevil as a reason for hating Affleck. I know I haven't read the comics...but I thought the film was decent. A lot better than Elektra anyway.

Back