• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Benefits of buying both versions?

Exoaria

such pokemon wow
    Years
    I bought Y Saturday morning and it's been absolutely fantastic, but way too short and I just want to keep playing through the story and progressively leveling Pokemon.

In about half an hour I'm able to buy X as well but I'm not sure what kind of benefits it would hold. I mean I already know what's happened and I don't really have a reason to play it through again but for some reason I just feel like doing it. Can I please get some opinions?

tl;dr someone convince me to go and buy X as well, even though I already have Y.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    you can just trade other player online to get them pokemon. no different story if you dont like the X legnendary trade somone for the dragon/bird thing lol.

you can pokemon battle people all over the world to

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I personally will buy Y as I already have X soon because I don't trade irl or online as I like to capture everything myself. So buying the other game will let me get those Pokemon I need from Y.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    I always buy both versions, as I like to play through multiple times while keeping my former teams (not to mention Master Balls, Lucky Eggs, Pokerus infected pokemon, etc)

It seems as though the stories differ slightly as well

Back