• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Berries

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
yea i know. but i do think that they should make up a new thing, since berrirs have been used for the first 4 generations.
Three, actually. They were introduced in the second generation. And they've become such a staple of the canons (even the anime and perhaps manga) that they aren't just going to disappear. They're very simple to use in the game.

I actually prefer having the berries grown in the Berry Pots key item. They were right there as I traveled around, so I could keep an eye on them better. All I had to do was open the item menu and there they were. Compared to spreading them throughout the region, though, I had to remember about them, use the Poketech app to make sure that they were still growing, and then fly around to check on them/harvest them. I lost a few berries from just plain forgetting about them. Besides, sometimes, I just don't have a Pokemon with Fly on my team.

Still wouldn't be bothered if the Berry Pots were gone and we could only grow across the region.

As for new berries, there really aren't any I can see them including. As Hiiro said, we already have berries for all sorts of purposes.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
My opinions are mixed. In HeartGold & SoulSilver, it was easy to grow berries because they are always with you in the berry pot. However, I sometime missed planting the many berries that I always used to.

Perhaps in Gen. V, things could be reversed. Instead of growing berries in a berry pot, one would grow apricorns. :)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
My opinions are mixed. In HeartGold & SoulSilver, it was easy to grow berries because they are always with you in the berry pot. However, I sometime missed planting the many berries that I always used to.

Perhaps in Gen. V, things could be reversed. Instead of growing berries in a berry pot, one would grow apricorns. :)

Apricorn that can act like berries? improving pokeathlon stat and contest stat? I think i like it

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
I really hope they bring berry growing back. I liked being able to get a lot of good held items very easily.

Back