• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Actor For: The Joker

Who do you think is the best Joker?

• Larry Storch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lennie Weinrib

• Frank Welker

• Jeff Bennett

• Richard Epcar

• Total voters

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Well, who do you think did the best job of portraying that insane pile of insanity?

I'm just hoping I didn't miss anybody. >_<

As for me, well, the only Joker I've ever seen/heard was Kevin Michael Richardson in The Batman. He really did sound demented, crazy and, well, the voice fit the character. A sick, twisted, demented, insane person.

So, who do YOU think was the best actor/VO for The Joker?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I voted Jack Nicholson (I couldn't decide, mostly out of nostalgia), but now that I think about it I think Ledger's performance as the Joker was my favorite. The Jokers I can recall (Romero and Nicholson) were buffoonish and wacky, while Ledger's portrayal was distinctive and depicted a truly twisted and disturbed individual, a reverse Bruce Wayne, and a reflection of the dark and disorderly city of Gotham.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Cesar Romero. I love all of the portrayals of the villains of the 1960's Batman show and movie, and Cesar Romero remains my favourite Joker whilst Frank Gorshin is the best Riddler. Their voices, mannerisms and physicalities were perfect.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Mark Hamill is my favorite Joker. That's the Joker I was first introduced to and will always compare the rest to.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Heath Ledger. I haven't really seen other ones, but he really portrays the idea of the Joker being really messed up. In the Arkham Assylum comic they say that 'The Joker can be a troublesome clown on day, and then the next be a physco killer' (Something along the lines of that anyway) and I think that Ledger really gets that idea across. His voice, his face, his general structure fits, in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2010
    Heath Ledger. THIS is the performance that killed him.

Years
    ZOT! KAPOW! The Joker with a mustache, Cesar Romero. He's the kind of guy who makes you wish The Joker really had a long, waxy mustachio just so you could see him twirl it. That's classic villainy, the kind that snickers and reveals its plans to you while you wait to die in an elaborate death trap.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Huh, didn't expect to see as many actors for The Joker as there are for James Bond. :P What I did expect was the majority of votes going to Ledger; its only obvious since he, I guess you can say "popularized" The Joker character. My decision goes to Jack Nicholson. His name comes up first when I think of The Joker.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Ledger captured the crazy perfectly.

But Hamill has the humour without going over the top and making him look like...well, a clown.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I think this one is a no brainer in my eyes, being a modern child that I am, I love Heath Ledger. His role as the Joker felt so real, so genuine, more realistic, more true to the world we live in. I'm not saying this due to his death or even my signature, but he was by far the best, but that's just my opinion x]

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2010
    Ledger by far. He captured who the Joker really was, and who he was originally imagined to be. I loled at the POW! statement, and your right, but the Joker isn't supposed to be like that either, ya know? Originally I mean.

Hell, I don't think any performance has brought me into a movie like his has. And I've watched a LOT of movies. Have you seen interviews with the guy? I can't believe they are the same person.

Actually the last interview with him before he passed away is so ...IDK creepy and moving at the same time? You can tell he's high quite obviously on at least Oxycontin or some other opiate because he keeps itching...it's sad. But watch it on YouTube.

Watchin' Ledger made me feel bad for... wait what his name? The guy who played Batman in the same movie.... /sarcasm

Back