• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BEST AND WORST FIVE MOVIES YOU'VE EVER SEEN!

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I'm genuinely interested. Fire away!

Best:
    ~ Dr. Strangelove by Sir Stanley Kubrick himself, a god amongst men; arguably THE NUMBER ONE satire about the Cold War, perhaps the best and boldest satire ever made.
    ~ Fargo by the Coen brothers, introduced me to dark humor and character exploitation. Brutal, shocking, at the same time hilarious; they always manage to make the story believable no matter how wild it gets. Perhaps not their definitive work, but positively one of the best films ever to grace the 90's.
    ~ Oldboy by Park-Chan-wook. Critics despise the film but it remains one of my favorites. Delightfully horrifying (my eyes were peeled to the screen), absurdly humorous, and completely twisted and mind-boggling. Contains my favorite ending in all cinema history.
    ~ Master of the Flying Guillotine, it's my favorite by Mizoguchi. He is a master of storytelling, no characters in any film have provoked so much emotion from me.
    ~ The Virgin Spring by Ingmar Bergman. I wept.

Worst:
    ~ Reno 911!: Miami by Robert Ben Garant. Show was hilarious, movie was painful.
    ~ JJ Abram's Star Trek. I don't even. Just no. Really I'm just mad because the actors were casted solely for looks (and tattooed Romulans, wtf is this), despite the fact that the cinematography was impressive and the plot was exciting and
    Spoiler:

~ The Psycho remake by Gus Van Sant just had to have been a joke. I refuse to believe otherwise.
    ~ Alien vs. Predator by Paul Anderson. A STRAIGHT UP DISGRACE GTFO
    ~ From Justin to Kelly! Ridiculous and cheesy and irritating beyond belief. I can't imagine what drove me to watch it in the first place.
    ~ also, anything by Shyamalan past The Sixth Sense is worth an honorable mention.

Years
    Best Movies:

< Amélie (Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain) - I'm only going to list one movie by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (okay, I lied - The City of Lost Children and A Very Long Engagement are just amazing). I love this movie. Love. Love. Love. It's romantic in a way that leaves me feeling so hopeful and full of life.

< Wall-E - I was blown away that the first, what, half of the movie has basically no dialogue and it still keeps you entertained. More than entertained, fascinated. I nearly cried at the end. Okay, I did. Just a little.

< In the Mood for Love - This is one suave, sexy, seductive (I need more s-words) movie. And the music!

< Pan's Labyrinth (El Laberinto del Fauno) - I like all of del Toro's movies (even Hellboy), but this is what introduced me to him so it has a special place in my heart. It's all dark, but wonderful, but dangerous, but innocent, but... wow.

< The Princess Bride - It's charming and full of fun, lovable characters, great lines, adventure, pirates, six-fingered men, rodents of unusual size, giants, and true love.

Ack, that's five already.

Best Movies to Hate:

> The Devil Wears Prada - I can't stand these kind of dry, thoughtless chick flicks so this is just a catch-all for them because it was the first thing that popped in my head. I can only remember that I didn't like it because there was nothing memorable about the movie in the slightest.

> Marie Antoinette - I know my history. Marie Antoinette was not American. I guess this would be a chick flick, too, but it's so bad it slips into awful historical biopics so it gets special attention.

> Eragon - This Star Wars inspired Lord of the Rings ripoff original movie is everything I can't stand about fantasy distilled into one movie. And I like fantasy, really I do.

> Kill Bills 1 & 2 - Glorified slasher movies with random Samurai and Western bits and pieces thrown in, mixed in a blender and coming out crap. I hate everything that Quentin Tarantino's done, so much that I put his movies at the very bottom of my list of least favorite movies. If I were given the option of watching one of his movies and any other movie on the planet, no matter how bad, I would watch the other movie.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    lol this post got very tl;dr so I bolded the film titles XD

BEST

Fritz Lang's Metropolis (1927). A fine example of black-and-white cinema; visually and technically stunning for its time, great acting, an intriguing storyline and amazing music. In 2008 film experts in Berlin announced that they had found an edit that is 210 minutes long, which constitutes all of the scenes missing and believed lost from the traditional release (at 153 minutes long) bar one. They then announced that professional restoration had begun in early 2009, and words cannot describe how excited I am to see the finished product. :3

Robert Wise's The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951). Before modern Hollywood came along and exploded all over it (alright, the remake wasn't that bad...um...I liked the little kid?), The Day The Earth Stood Still told the story of Klaatu and Gort (who was not giant and crappily CGI'd) coming to Earth to warn us against the idiotic military actions we undertook to destroy one another in the name of nothing (IE., the Cold War). He faces the usual idiotic military bureaucracy, meets a woman and her natural child and forms an extremely cute relationship with them, and discusses some genuinely relevant points with the main characters without belabouring any of the points. None of that omg we're killing the planet we deserve to diiiiie bollocks the 2009 version pulled; the original movie stuck to its guns but without making you feel you were being lectured at.

Fred M. Wilcox's Forbidden Planet (1956). So successful and cult that it has a chain of science fiction merchandise stores named after it. A little cheesy with its overt sexism in places but nevertheless well-acted and its a pleasure to see Leslie Nielson revelling in a serious role. The quality of the special effects is startling considering that the movie was produced nineteen years before the Star Wars revolution kicked in, and the plot can be enjoyed as a typical space romp a la Star Trek or can be considered in a deeper, more Shakespearean vein.

Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins (2005). I'm still of the opinion that Batman Begins trumps The Dark Knight in lieu of plot construction, central villain and just...general feel (and Maggie Gyllenhaal), but I'm often outvoted on that score so I'll shut up and say that a) it does what it says on the tin and it does it marvellously; b) using a formerly unheard of villain like Rha's al Ghul to relaunch the franchise was inspired; c) Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard's score shone throughout the entire movie and d) time flies when you're having fun.

Abrahams & Zucker's Airplane! & Airplane II: The Sequel (1980 & 1982). Forget crappy modern 'parody' films like Date Movie and Disaster Movie, Airplane! and its sequel are some of the original and definitely the best when it comes to taking the mick out of a particular genre. My particular favourite characters are Lloyd Bridges as the "I knew I picked the wrong week to give up x" McCroskey and William Shatner as Buck in II.

I also agree entirely with Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain and Pan's Labyrinth as two very beautiful films, and Doctor Strangelove is absolutely amazing. :3 Also District 9 (2009), Clue (1985), 12 Angry Men (1957), Harvey (1950), Jurassic Park (1993) and Transformers (2007) get to occupy the runners-up positions. XD

WORST

Zack Snyder's Watchmen (2009). Completely missed the point of the graphic novel by changing the ending, and bought all of the creepy "oh the Comedian is just understood lolz, being a murdering rapist is okay if you're handsome!" fangirls crawling out of the woodwork. Urgh. The music was good and Matthew Goode was amazing as Ozymandias, but that's about it. :/

Jonathan Glazer's Birth (2004). Creepy. Just plain creepy and slightly boring. And it didn't make a lot of sense, either. Nicole Kidman + child in bathtub having sexual tension = dnw ever.

Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes (2001). Do I even have to explain? It was just terrible. Bleh. Worst 120 minutes of my life.

Simon Wells's The Time Machine (2002). I was forced to sit through this film twice, once on DVD rental so that I didn't waste the money I'd paid for it and once in Textiles class as a "reward" for finishing our work early, and I still don't get what Simon Wells is on about. Poor H. G. ):

George Lucas's Star Wars: Episode I. It created Ja Ja Binks and one of the worst sequel trilogies in the history of film. I just. HATE IT.

I don't really have much more to add to my 'worst' category. If a film is awful then I just switch it off and go and watch something else. :/

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Favorite Movies
    Disney's Peter Pan: I love the concept and story. Captain Hook and Mr. Smee are simply the best for laughs.

James Cameron's Avatar: Very beautiful effects, landscape, and characters. Very original plot and concept. Also the Mountain Banshees (the flying, reptilian creatures) are awesome.

Fantasia: A very unique style of a movie. The Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and The Dance of the Hours are simply stupendous.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: A lovable story and sweet music. Gene Wilder's role as Willy Wonka is a perfect match; he is so hilarious.

The Polar Express: Definitely a movie for all ages. I don't really know what to say about it, but it's just...a really good movie, yet I don't really know why.

Hated Movies
    Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark: It's a great adventure and story. But after I watched this, I regretted it. The idea of finding the Ark of the Covenant disturbs me so. And the ending is simply horrifying!

The Snowman: Don't get me wrong, it's a very well written story and classic. But a couple scenes (the cat's reaction to the snowman in the house and the snowman watching TV) really scared me as a kid, and they're still kind of freaky to me now. Also the ending.....(sniffle)...so sad :cer_cry: .

Frankenstein: The True Story: .....What can I say? ...I don't appreciate horror.

I also like many other Disney classics as well, but I don't want to list them all.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Best:

- James Cameron's Avatar - I dunno, I just liked it. Hadn't seen a movie in a while, and I liked it.

- Agatha Christie/Sidney Lumet's Murder on the Orient Express - I loved the book, and Finney is my favourite Poirot.

- Andrew Stranton's Wall-E - awesome movie, and it didn't need any dialogue to make you go "=O"

- Brad Bird's Incredibles - Just epic.

- The movie adaptation of Get Smart - Hilarious. Just hilarious.

I also liked a lot of anime moives; Spirited Away, Ponyo, etc.

Worst

- James Cameron's Titanic - I found this really boring. =|

In general, I don't watch movies I don't like. My mum forced me to watch Titanic, and I just quit halfway.

Last edited:
    Years
    Best

Bolt: Disney's best movie from last decade.

Bye Bye Blue Bird: The only movie I could find from The Faroe Islands.

Tuvalu: 1999 movie from Bulgaria without any words.

Digimon The Movie: Good old days!

Roadsdie Romeo: Dog musical from both Bollywood and Disney.

Worst

The Pagemaster: Typical blend start of 1990's cartoon and live action mix.

The Entity: Not the worst, but too scary.

Garfield: I'm happy I did not see this in the cinema!

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    Mine? (In no particular Order)
    Beast
    1. The Lion King (Disney's best movie EVER!)
    2. Digimon 02: Diaboromon Strikes Back (follows the events of the first three Japanese Digimon Movies, and has Omnimon's second appearance)
    3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (It made me unleash the Lulz every time! Especially the Knights who Say Ni!)
    4. Pokemon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life (Great overall, except that they kept mispronouncing "Arceus" for some reason. I go with the best-sounding Pronunciation I hear, and this case, it's "AR-SEE-US", not "AR-KEY-US". That's just me. Arceus is essentially my God!)
    5. Spaceballs (It was entirely hilarious, Mel Brooks at his best, and it might be the best Science Fiction parody the world will ever know)

Runner-ups for the best.
    6. The Land Before Time (They killed it with the numerous sequels, proving that any animated movie that started it all is ALWAYS better than any sequel. The first Land BeforeTime may be the best animated movie about dinosaurs ever made.)
    7. The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (Funny, and it was released on my birthday one year, so it gets bonus points for that)
    8. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Even if I was too lazy to read any of the books, I still liked it)
    9. Aladdin (Robin Williams is funny in almost everything he's in.)
    10. Ice Age (When I first saw this, I laughed so hard at parts that soda almost came out my nose. Plus, John Leguizamo, Sid's VA, is always hilarious. I also liked him as Luigi in Super Mario Bros.)

I'm currently too lazy to find the worst.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Best
    -Disney's UP: Kevin! "I have just met you and I lovve you"
    -The Patriot: Guy gets his head blown off by a cannon. What isn't there to love?
    -Four Christmases: LMFAO
    -I AM LEGEND: Epicest movie ever
    - Fast&Furious: Vin Diesel. Duh.

Worst
    -The 4th Kind: So stupid. Split screen with the real and the movie. Girl was crying in the theater, Summer and I laughing our asses off.
    -The Box: Stupid plot.
    -17 Again(lol Zac Effron actually curses...): Zac Effron.
    -The Lorax(Dr. Seuess...): Just...bleh
    -(I couldn't think of 5)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Best:
    Get Smart
    Johnny English
    Eagle Eye
    Transformers
    Aeon Flux
    bridge to Teribithia

Worst:
    Burn After Reading
    Friends With Money
    RocknRolla
    Funny People
    17 Again

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins (2005). I'm still of the opinion that Batman Begins trumps The Dark Knight in lieu of plot construction, central villain and just...general feel (and Maggie Gyllenhaal), but I'm often outvoted on that score so I'll shut up and say that a) it does what it says on the tin and it does it marvellously; b) using a formerly unheard of villain like Rha's al Ghul to relaunch the franchise was inspired; c) Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard's score shone throughout the entire movie and d) time flies when you're having fun.
    I sometimes look as (good) films and their sequels as just one film broken into parts. I see The Lord of the Rings as one work (hell, it was shot as one), Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back (everything goes downhill after that), etc. I see Nolan's Batman films in the same way. What he's crafting is masterful. I hope he's back to direct the third one.

As great as The Dark Knight was, I don't think it could stand on it's own. The Joker was brilliant, but Batman and Bruce got shafted. If I had seen Batman Begins I wouldn't have cared much at all about Batman in The Dark Knight. Why he's who he is and his relationship with Rachel is important. There wasn't much about Bruce or the power of his family and its central nature to the city in the sequel.

Hated MoviesThe Snowman: Don't get me wrong, it's a very well written story and classic. But a couple scenes (the cat's reaction to the snowman in the house and the snowman watching TV) really scared me as a kid, and they're still kind of freaky to me now. Also the ending.....(sniffle)...so sad :cer_cry: .
    The Raymond Briggs' story? I don't know if that's really a movie. It's only 27 minutes. I think it's more of a special than even an animated short. Nonetheless, I don't how anyone could hate that heartfelt and beautiful work of animation.

I don't know how to rank best... I could list my favourites, but they wouldn't necessarily be the best I've seen.

As far as the worst goes... the Roberto Benigni's Pinocchio film, Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course, Bon Cop, Bad Cop, Master of Disguise, Shrek the Third

Last edited:

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Best
    • Fight Club - Tyler Durden is my idol. I love the dark sarcastic humour and all the violence. And the storyline is amazing.
    • Lion King - I don't even care, best Disney Movie ever.
    • Batman: The Dark Knight - The Joker is just plain amazing in this movie.
    • South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut - Couldn't stop laughing.
    • Sweeney Todd - Helena Bonham Carter, ooft <3. I like the story of it, but the blood could have looked a little less... paint-like.

Worst
    • Titanic - It's just so boring.
    • Twilight - No. Just no.

I generally only like: Horror, Action, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Comedy. And I can't stand Romance.

I'm one to look at the whole concept of it, not how attractive the actors/actresses are (But it can be a contributing factor)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Not going to bother giving worsts, since I just don't care.

My favorites (best):

Superbad - I've probably watched this movie over twenty times and still don't get bored watching it. It's just a really good comedy and the characters are great.

Fight Club - Just a unique movie; Edward Norton is one of my favorite actors of all time, so it makes it even better.

Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood is seriously the most badass guy on Earth, let alone in this movie. Another great and unique movie.

Pineapple Express - Another Seth Rogan movie, but one of the best. James Franco is amazing in it and the comedy is great, haha.

Harry Potter series - I know a lot of people don't like the movies compared to the books, but I seriously think I've seen every movie at least a hundred times. I just love Harry Potter. lolol.

Ayselipera

Well I usually judge how good a movie is by how much I enjoyed it, how it touched me, and whether or not I'd take the time to watch it a couple more times. So.. here it is. In no particular order by the way because that would just be too hard.

Best

+ Elizabeth the Golden Age - I'm a sucker for any movie set in the time period of kings and queens and this one was no exception. I felt like this movie had a very powerful feel to it. It made me want to go out and be a queen.

+ Flight of the Navigator - It's an 80's sci-fi movie, but I found it very enjoyable. It's one of those movies you saw as a kid and ever since then you always loved it.

+ No Country for Old Men - I kept putting off seeing this movie, but once I did see it I had no idea why I waited so long. It was extremely enjoyable. It's one of those movies that I will end up watching a thousand times.

+ Bambi - Yes it is a Disney Classic. It was before the times Disney became this big money eating machine, so I think it's safe to allow this one onto my list. Bambi is my all time favorite Disney movie. I really love nature and this movie just captures the look and feel of a forest so well. I think the message of this movie had a powerful meaning and is very important.

+ The Wizard of Oz - I LOVE this movie. It's just sheer enjoyment. I could sit down and watch it once a day. It never gets old. The book may of been better, but the movie will suffice.

.. I could keep going. :3

Worst

+ Wicker Man (newest version) - What a horrible disappointment. I was hoping it would turn out to be creepy or scary, but it was just crappy.

+ The Other Boleyn Girl - As I said before I'm a sucker for movies that take place in the times of kings and queens. This movie was a fail in that catorgory. It started out promising, but then crashed.

+ The Goods - Wasn't even funny. Just pure stupid humor.

+ The Happening - Just sucked. Plain and simple. The acting was terrible. I couldn't take any of them seriously.

+ Spiderman 3 - What started out as a promising set of movies ended horribly. The third movie was just terrible and really disappointing for someone who liked the first movie a lot.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I hate watching movies... but...

Best Movies:
    - Shawshank Redemption. Yeah, sure. Almost everyone who watches it calls it "the best movie ever made". BUT IT IS SO LOL
    - Up. Everyone says WALL-E, but I found WALL-E to be a bit too much "Al-Gorish" for me. Up was a far more emotional work in my opinion, and will definately be my favourite for years to come.
    - Goodfellas. Hurhur, it's long and it's about the mafia, but I always thought the ending was brilliant.
    - Castle in the Sky. There's quite a group of people who say this is Miyazaki's worst, but it's my favourite. :3

(will edit list later - this is taking a long time for me)

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Best
    Avatar- A really different movie that blew me away.
    Saving Private Ryan- I only watched it yesterday, but it was actually amazing..
    Wall.E-I thought this was actually a really smartly made movie =3
    Johnny English-The laxitives made me feel really bad for that guard [YES I KNOW IT WAS FAKE >8(]
    Batman Begins-Yes I just put Batman Begins in there =D

Worst
    Little Shop of horrors-Meh, the dentist part is only the good bit..
    Shrek 3-Not really needed to make another one, and it only had a few laughs, and the next one looks a bit reh as well..
    Highschool Musical- No, there was absolutley no need to make it a movie Disney, shut up go work on something better.
    Eragon-Should have been a lot better..
    The Golden Compass- Not as good as the book imma fraid.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    Best:
    - The Big Lebowski
    - Fight Club
    - Pulp Fiction
    - Clerks
    - Eraserhead

Worst:
    - Twilight
    - Troll 2 (So bad it's good.)
    - The Room (Same here.)
    - Battlefield Earth
    - Every single Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer movie.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    In no particular order-

Best
    1. Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith.
    -Mostly because my favourite character, General Griveous, was in the film. Also, so and so's transition o the Dark Side was pretty flippin awesome.

2. Grave of the Fireflies
    -Yeah, pretty depressing, but also heartwarming.

3. Jurrasic Park
    -Oh man, how I loved it as a kid. I still love it even now, but I lost my CD. T_T

4. Finding Nemo
    -Heh, awesome graphics. Just gotta say.

5. Cars
    -Soundtrack blew me away.

Worst (Ever!)

1. Planet 51
    - -_- Terrible plot, Abundant Marty/ Mary Sue's terrible science, cliche, cliche astronaut.

2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire/ Half-Blood Prince
    - Worst book to film adaptations ever. Even key plot points were removed.

3. Darren Shan: Cirque du Freak
    -Loved the book hated the movie.

Mihael

Tara X willow=OTP
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2012
    Best:
    Serenity: Joss whedon can do no wrong. This movie along with the firefly tv series is him at his best, too.
    Pulp fiction: Hilarious, well-written movie. Tarantino has never been able to outdo this film.
    Clerks: I just loved this movie. It was much more my style than Dogma or Jay and silent bob strike back.
    The dark knight: Heath ledger's portrayal of the joker is the best sense the killing joke.
    After that it's hard to name a particular one movie I liked as better than any other.

Worse:
    Avatar: I liked it better when it was called Star wars. And even then it wasn't that great.
    Twilight/New moon: Obligatory. After this crap, I couldn't get a close friend of mine to even try Buffy the vampire slayer. :(
    Batman and robin: So bad its good, but still frustrating as a fan of batman.
    Epic movie and its ilk: Oh. My. God. Just. Oh. my. God. Just make one called reference movie and get it over with.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    There were so much movies that I like that I'm going to at least list ten of them

My Favorites

1. The Blind Side: I cried. It was a really touching movie.
    2. The Iron Giant: Oh my Fish! This is my favorite American cartoon movie of all time!
    3. Spirited Away: It was really good, thus it won an award, I think.
    4. Transformer: Ha ha, so realistic.
    5. Ninja Assassin: Gory, to say the least.
    6. Pokemon 2000: My favorite Pokemon movie of all time.
    7. The Incredibles: A family of super-heroes battle all out against Jimmy Nuetron's adult-form? Epic.
    8. Harry Potter: All of them, even though the last one hasn't even come out yet. I just find that they need to put in more plot and major point in the book to make some sense in the movie.
    9. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: I want some of those candies! I want them so badly!
    10. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe: It was really good for a movie that was based on a book.

The Worst​
    1. Twilight: I don't approve of glittered vampires.
    2. Epic Movie: What? It was so stupid. At least Meet the Spartans was funny, this is just... ugh.
    3. Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny: What? I'm dissapointed in you, Jack. The both of us must have been high; you for being in it, and me for watching it.
    4. 12 Rounds: Hm, I liked The Marines more.
    5. Planet of the Apes: ...

I would also like to give memorable mentions to some of the most hilarious movies I've ever watched in my whole life

• Superbad
    • Pinapple Express
    • The Hangover
    • Step-brothers
    • Yes Man
    • Meet the Spartans

There are other comedy movies that I've watched and laughed, but I can't remember any at this particular moment.

Years
    The Goods

~ SpaceBalls

So many quotes worth knowing.

~ Little Monsters

Howie Mandel, at his best, does not include Bobby's World, but his face/body colored blue.

~ The Brave Little Toaster

I'll just mention it and leave.

~ Star Trek (the recent reinvention)

Holy crap! That was awesome!

~ Titan A.E.

Best looking cartoon movie I have ever seen.

The Bads

~ Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

Only one of the two movies I have ever walked out on.

~ Superhero Movie

So boring, I left. To poop and leave. Waste of my money and time (the movie).

~ The House Bunny

>__< @__@ ;__; [/puke] ...

Back