• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best and worst pokemon in fire red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well, Magikarp has reason for being hated. All others are alright especially the evolutions...

Asday

PokéFreak. Nuff said.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    What's the tactic behind that? String shot reduces the opponent's speed until that mon leaves the battle. Switched out/fainted, etc.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    You would think in a thread asking what the best/worst Pokemon are in FIRERED people wouldn't be including Pokemon that aren't even in the game!

If you take out personal opinion (which is running a muck in this thread) and just go by the total stats for the Pokemon in the game, here is the best (surprise) Pokemon in FireRed:

Mewtwo = 680 Total Base stats

The worst ends in a tie:

Caterpie = 195 Total Base stats
    Weedle = 195 Total Base stats

Now, if you add ALL the different games (including DPP) the best is no contest:

Arceus = 720 Total Base stats

The worst:

Sunkern = 180 Total Base stats

Damn, Magikarp has 185 Base Stats in generation I (before Sp. Atk and Sp. Def were created) and 190 in Gen IV

But still, Sunkern may be the weakest Pokémon statistically, however, it does have higher stats in some areas than other Pokémon, and a much greater movepool than others

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, in 4th Gen Magikarp and Feebas were bumped to 200.

While Sunkern is the crappiest Pokemon in the game when it comes to stats (having 30 in each stats does absolutely NOTHING), if you factor in moveset and strategy it isn't too bad. It has a decent movepool to choose from and you can take advantage of a few other Pokemon in the NU metagame. Don't get me wrong, it still isn't a good Pokemon and is going to die quite easily to just about anything that can attack it.

The ALL-TIME worst Pokemon in the game today, when factoring in all of the above elements, is........ (drum roll)

Kricketot

This is by far the most worthless piece of crap Game Freak has ever thought of. Why it is even in the game is beyond me, although I don't hold a very high opinion of the 4th Gen in general. The only two moves it can ever know (that it is born with) are Bide and Growl. It doesn't get any more useless than that. With its crappy stats (Base 37 HP and 41 Def/SDef), good luck getting this thing to survive two turns to even get to use Bide. It's evolution isn't much better either. Great job on this one Game Freak.

Years
    What people consider the worst depends on personal preference. Sunkern has the worst stats in the game, while the VF bugs (Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna) and Magikarp have the worst movesets in the game. It depends on what is more important to a person; stats, or the moves the Pokemon learns.

In my opinion, one of the worst Pokemon not to be mentioned yet is Magcargo. I mean, seriously. This has to be the most pathetic excuse for an evolution ever created. You have to go through the pain of training the equally horrible Slugma all the way to Lv. 38, and this is your reward for doing so? A Pokemon with virtually no Speed at all, a horrible Attack stat, making most of the moves it learns like Rock Slide totally useless, a mediocre moveset, with Flamethrower being its only benefit, and a ton of weaknessess due to the absolutley ridiculous type combination of Fire/Rock. The only thing it has going for it is it has a high Defense stat, but what good does that do, considering it has more weaknessess than almost any other Pokemon in the game?

I honestly don't know why Game Freak even bothered with this, considering they gave Magcargo no benefits to using it at all. I guess it was created for the people who have beaten the game a couple of times that are bored of playing, so they give themselves a challange by using such a bad Pokemon.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Based on personal preference:

Best: Aerodactyl. Or Mewtwo, if it was stats.
    Worst: Magikarp, I'd say.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    What's with all you people knocking magikarp, eh?
    Flail makes Magikarp a Beast. And it's certainly not deserving of "The Worst 3rd Gen Pokémon"
    And let's not forget it evolves into Gyrados, which doesn't need any explanation

And if we're going to go on personal preference here
    Worst - Luvdisc

Best [I'm not going to pick a Legendary] - Swampert

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Best I'd say Dragonite. (Lengendaries to me is obvious)

worst: magikarp

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    But what if Magikarp knows tackle? Hidden power versus tackle...I'm still saying Unknown would lose!

This thread hadn't been posted in since early October, that's way over the one month limit for reviving threads :[ If a thread is over a month old, just restart the topic in a new thread please :3

-Closed-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back