• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best and worst thing about pokémon

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Best thing is the first generation and the worst thing is that you have to trade some pokemon in order to make them evolve.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Best thing about pokemon is the pokemon themselves lol. I just the thrill of catching these wonderful creatures that range anywhere from the cute and lovely sylveon to the mind master metagross that will iron fist you before you can say "hy" to the derpy bidoof lol

The worst thing about the game: how slow paced it is. also I dont like how their isnt a lot of the BEST rpg elements in pokemon. Like for instance quests. I would also love if it had an active battle system.

AceTrainerWatson

FairyBoy
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
In my opinion, the best part of the Pokémon games is struggling to complete the Pokedex. All those hard hours of hunting every one of them down and evolving some will all be worth it in the end when you meet the ultimate accomplishment of being a Pokémon Master.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
Best: Fun games. While not perfect, and I may not agree with some features (Contests and Amie, for starters), the constant tweaking and honing of the formula keeps things interesting.

Worst: Jynx. Although there have been some strong contenders in the "just plain awful and stupid design" since then.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I think the best thing about Pokémon would have to be the innate innocence it possesses, most likely. It's just too sweet on its own.

The worst thing would definitely be the fanatic fanbase. Why? It's poison to its cute and innocent aura, put simply.

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
My best vote's gotta go to the... Like I dunno, the childishness of the games, the whimsical nature of everything! That is by no means an accusation of immaturity. I'd say there's more maturity in enjoying a game that makes you feel like a kid again than in constantly downplaying and deriding creativity and fun in favor of realism and grit, you know? It's got this... Well, really anything by Nintendo (it's Game Freak, I know, but whatever) has this certain instantly warm charm, and you gotta love that!

Worst part? I'd say the whimsical-ness has its drawbacks in the form of poor plot pacing. The simpleness of it is relaxing and unwinding, but still... It makes it very hard to, say, care about foiling Team Cool-Clothes or have any real sense of climax or shock for the reveal of the Champion's identity. Black & White nailed the antagonist angle with Team Plasma, I'm sure nobody would dispute that the story really benefitted from Plasma's constant threat and prominence. It distinguished them from, say, Team Aqua and Team Magma or, most disappointingly, Team Flare, who really only seemed to be majorly pressing for one comparatively small chunk of their respective games. As for Champions, I think Red & Blue's by now taken-for-granted twist of Blue being the Kanto League Champion made him the most personal and impactive final boss of the series, aside from maybe Red. Cynthia came close, but she wasn't really somebody that you just HAD to beat, like the smarmy cocky Rival of yours (it's sure hard describing him without breaking any profanity rules!). So I dunno.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
The worst thing is the age limit, I should suppose. 80% of what I do in the internet is Pokémon, so I'm rather embarrassed to talk about Pokémon with my colleagues.
That isn't Pokémon's fault. That's society's. More specifically, that's whatever niche in the world that you're part of.

For me, the best thing about Pokémon is the feeling I get playing it. A sense of nostalgia combined with a sense of "Wow this is so amazing!" playing the newer games. It just eases me and makes me feel happy.

The worst is definitely the trading card game. Not the cards themselves, but the actual game. I find it to be soooo incredibly complicated. Collecting the cards is cool.

Floette

Fairy Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
The best thing for me is that there's a pokémon out there for everyone. No matter your taste, you'll find one you really love.

The worst is event pokémon, for me. It's rare the UK gets them, and even when they do I sometimes struggle to get them. I know I could trade, but usually the cost is too high.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
The best thing is the games and the anime. I always enjoy playing the games no matter what, and there are such a great amount and different ones. If I'm tired of playing Emerald I can always go and play Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon Ranger. The same goes for the anime, there are so many different episodes things never really get boring.

The worst thing is that Ash never ages. :p
It also seems that pikachu never seems gets much stronger as the seasons progress.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
IMO, the best part about Pokemon is the battles. I like strategizing and using the best moves on my Pokemon to take advantage of their strengths.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
The best thing about Pokemon in my view is the mainstream games, there's so much you can do with them, it's endless.

The worst is how it's majorly aimed at the young audience, sometimes I feel that the old fans don't get much attention... (from Gen I).

Examples include the anime how the protagonist never ages and his main companion doesn't seem to get stronger regardless of all the traveling and battling it's been through.
Another example is the tutorials in the video games. Some you are just forced to go through, like learning how to catch a Pokemon and what not.

One more thing to add, the games could use a better story, not saying any of them is bad but they could at least give us a feeling to really 'fight' for something you know?
An example where this is executed nicely is when you are challenged by your rival in X/Y to obtain the Mega Ring.

Actually, I have one more thing to add haha, the difficulty. The only game which poses much difficulty is G/S/C and HG/SS challenging Red. I'm aware I can make the game more difficult by changing my play style, but I want the game to challenge me not myself.

That being said, the worse things about Pokemon don't really affect me that much in regards to how much I enjoy the franchise!

Back