• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best ball to catch Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit?

Years
    re:

Uxie: Ultra Ball
    Mesprit: Master Ball
    Azelf: Great Ball

Those pokemon are kind of design coordinated.
    That's the strategy I've always used to catch them.

Years
    Dusk Ball > Ultra Ball
    Dusk Ball has x2 effectiveness when used in a cave, and plus x2 more when used at night. So it's x4
    Ultra Ball has x2 effectiveness.

Also, remember to put up some status effect, like Paralyze/Sleep.

PokeMaster3

Can't wait for HeartGold!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    Yeah, I used a Dusk ball to catch Uxie and Azelf but I still haven't found Mesprit.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    They are in caves,well the first two so Dusk.Mespirit maybe a masterball,but you might want to save that.Quickball is great just once and you might catch it.Be sure to save!^^

theprofessional

~~dAft PUnk Rulez!!!~~
    Years
    Pokeball, 'nuff said.

On a more serious note, my strat is to use about 60 ultra balls, if you fail to catch it, hit it with timer balls (w/e the name is), I caught one of my legendaries like that and another one with a heal ball o.O.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2008
    I have caught most of my legendary Pokemon (except Dialga) with Dusk Balls, including Giratina.

I caught Uxie and Azelf with Dusk balls in their caves, but you need to wait until night for Mesprit.

Back