• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Best Classic Game??

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Classic is Red, Blue, Green and Yellow, yes?

Having all except Green, I'd say Yellow, even though I've never really played it much. I was well into Crystal by the time I got it. xD

Glacier

Mayzz Lover
    Years
    I Loved yellow it was my first video game ^^ unfortnately my stupid little cousin destroyed it along with 5 gamecube games (sobs at memory of first level 100 Zappy! the Zapdos..)

SonicJump

Pokémon Lover
    Years
    I absolutely love Pokémon Gold - just because after completing it you could go back to the Kanto regions.

Pokémon Blue will always be in my heart. When Pokémon was new, it had that butterflies-in-the-stomach effect because it was so new to people and I love the first generation so much!

Years
    Yellow was good, but just too 'Animé' like. I wanted somethin new, thats where Silver comes in. Im with you lot who like Silver the best, if there are many of you...

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Red version was the best and my first video game that I owned
    its my favorite pokemon game and probably my favorite video game too

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Blue was my favourite and still is to a point. It was the only game I completed the pokedex without sharking, and well I never completed another dex without using VBA. I also had a real mew on that game, yah know the nintendo event one. Then silver came along, I had gold as well, but let my friend borrow that one at an almost permanent basis so I would have a friend playing gen II with me. I miss the G/S/C generation. That was back in the day when I had memorized every pokemon 1-151 its evolution, how it evovled, and its number. Then my mom (what a *****) through away my gameboy color, link cables, gameshark, and pokemon blue, silver, gold, red, and yellow.

Now out of all that all that she payed for was Silver and Gold the day they came out. Me and my friend wanted to rent them but, the had all rented out so she bought them for us instead. We didnt even ask her to do that. Wierd how sometimes she was really nice then sometimes she be so evil.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    I think everyone has a sentimental attachment to their first Pokémon game (Blue for me) or perhaps the first one that they put time into and completed, but from the RBY generation I must admit that Yellow is the best game due to the additional features (notably a Pikachu in tow!)

However the "best classic game" has to go to Gold (or perhaps Silver because of Lugia). They remain the best Pokémon games and two of the best games I've ever played.

Crystal is also excellent but I wasnt much of a fan of the Eusine plot or Unown messages having already played Gold. If the mobile phone system was implemented outside of Japan then Crystal would have been amazing.

Gold and Silver have great characters, mind-blowing ideas, a good story, flawless gameplay, excellent map design, and after all that you get to revisit the Kanto region that you know and love.

Incredible.

Years
    I think everyone has a sentimental attachment to their first Pokémon game (Blue for me) or perhaps the first one that they put time into and completed, but from the RBY generation I must admit that Yellow is the best game due to the additional features (notably a Pikachu in tow!)

However the "best classic game" has to go to Gold (or perhaps Silver because of Lugia). They remain the best Pokémon games and two of the best games I've ever played.

Crystal is also excellent but I wasnt much of a fan of the Eusine plot or Unown messages having already played Gold. If the mobile phone system was implemented outside of Japan then Crystal would have been amazing.

Gold and Silver have great characters, mind-blowing ideas, a good story, flawless gameplay, excellent map design, and after all that you get to revisit the Kanto region that you know and love.

Incredible.

I do believe Gold, but more so Silver were the best classic games. The only major downside to them, that i can think of, is not being able to legitmately get Celebi on your game without using a cheat cartridge. (not quite sure about Events that included it.) Its similar to Mew in RBY, but at least there was an 'ingame' glitch that alowed you to get him...

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    I do believe Gold, but more so Silver were the best classic games. The only major downside to them, that i can think of, is not being able to legitmately get Celebi on your game without using a cheat cartridge. (not quite sure about Events that included it.) Its similar to Mew in RBY, but at least there was an 'ingame' glitch that alowed you to get him...

That's true actually, being able to catch Celebi in Gold/Silver would have been nice. Despite the glitch providing "legitimate" Mew ownership in RBY I think that attending the Nintendo event (and indeed pleading with your parents until they agreed to take you to one) was all part of the fun from that generation. I don't think the glitch was publicised until way after that time anyway. As a boy I loved the way that Nintendo Official Magazine hyped up the Mew events in the UK.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 4, 2008
    Yellow was my first, so I suppose that has to be my favorite. I somehow lost it, though. :< All I have now is Blue, which is great, but... it's no Yellow XD

Uruss

Bill The Butcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Red!

Red version...my first pokemon game

Spiron

High life.
    Years
    As previously said, I was attatched to my Red and Yellow versions. However, im my honest opinion, Gold was the best classic game. Upon playing Gold, there was no turning back. It had a brilliant storyline that totally out-done the 1st generation games.

Years
    Gold was the first Pokemon game I ever played, so that has a special place in my heart and it's definitely my favorite. Yellow is amazing, as well. Nothing beats having a cute little Pikachu follow you everywhere ^^

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Ill agree with yumi on this one, gold was pretty instant classic, I really loved blue, my first game and have the majestic feel and all...

But gold had something that I cant really say, not sure, but yeah my favorite and best classic game ;D

Blargtastic808

likes stuff
    Years
    Same. Blue was my first, where I learned about the wonder and win that is Pokemon. Started with Bulbasaur who became one of my very favorite pokemon. But Gold, now that was a game. Going back to revisit the Kanto region really just made the GSC series one of the best generations of Pokemon games.

I would love to see Gamefreak and Nintendo to remake the GSC series like how they did FR and LG. If they did that I think it would bring back the fans of the classic games for sure.

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
    For me it was Yellow, its graphics were way to cool for the 1995 i think? well anyway i loved the blastoise graphic

sure man, i mean i they ever get to make other pkmn game (of course they will, but their running out of elements and rocks to base their names on) it would be excellent to meet all the 4 regions again in a single game

Last edited:
    Back