• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best crime boss

ben cousins

Backspacer
Years
  • Giovanni in terms of character was good but he was hella easy,the ''executives'' sucked and wern't even boss's,archie and maxie were very hard and had great designs but lacked Personality, and as for the others i have no idea because i have yet to battle/encounter them yet but judging by design and pokemon, cyrus looks like a pretty solid boss.

oh yer and as for the ''black and white crime boss'' i really couldn't care less[i assume he has a ridiculous design like everything else lol ]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2017
    Giovanni, while he lead the iconic Team Rocket, was a joke of a boss.
    Archie and Maxie, both were challenging and actually went through a change of heart, and saw the wrong of their ways. They are tied with....
    Cyrus for my favorite. Cyrus was just a badass, and, while his views were....interesting, he had a lot of success in his mission, only be thwarted at the last second.
    Ghestis, well, he's just a freak. 'Nuff said.

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Probably Giovanni or Cyrus, the other bosses didn't really impress me that much.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Sakaki, because he is the badass crime lord and father of Silver. If we see how Apollo and the others 3 try to make Sakaki back to Rocket mean that he is reputable among his subordinate. Not to mention that he also hold title of the strongest Kanto gym leader as well.
    If we go for the personality and crime motives, I could say that Akagi(Cyrus) is my favorite. Seeing how emotionless and anti social he is make perfect sense why he want to recreate the world. Sad thing is that his past wasn't fleshed enough to make mre impact to the story. Ghetsis come close behind Akagi. I'm waiting for Grey for more of his already wicked personality.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • Giovanni definitely had one of the more realistic, and one of the best backstories of all 'crime bosses' in the Pokémon franchise. I agree with you when you say that he was 'hella easy', as nearly all of his team had a weakness to water, grass and ice.

Archie and Maxie, to me, just seemed really weird. Their motives were very... random, and they didn't make much sense. Like why would anybody want to expand the sea? Or the land? I can almost empathise with wanting to expand the land, although it still doesn't make much sense. They're easy to defeat.

Cyrus is similar, his goals seem very... odd. I'm still not sure what they were entirely, in fact. Was he trying to rid the world of 'useless' feelings? Why would he want to create a world without feelings? Ugh, doesn't make much sense. His final team was average. Sometimes it is easy to beat, other times it is a bit more difficult.

N is a little bit more realistic, although he seems very hypocritical. "I don't like Pokémon being enslaved so I'm going to capture a whole heap, train some and only use the best ones in battle derp". His final team was quite difficult to defeat, because of the variety.

Giovanni just tops the cake though, because he is the most realistic 'crime boss', as his goals are quite simple and easy to understand, and they make sense.

On another note, I hope the next Generation introduces a female 'crime boss'

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Giovanni. Despite being ridiculously easy, he's a classic. The mafia-style crime lord with an interest in making money no matter what the means. None of this "create a new world" or "enslave all Pokemon" or "change the geography of a region" outlandish nonsense. And as far as looks, you can't beat the classic black suit and slicked hair.

Cyrus was pretty cool, as his organization was more like a cult with followers who didn't know their leader's true intentions. And in Platinum, he had a pretty challenging team.

N was little more than Ghetsis' puppet. And as for Ghetsis himself, he was kinda freaky with the mask and robe and stuff.

Maxie and Archie's goals were difficult to wrap my head around why they would be doing this stuff. Especially Archie. Did he even look at a map of Hoenn? The place is already saturated with water!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Cyrus. He has a higher success rate compared to others, not counting N.

If N is actually the crime boss, he will be my favorite. He is very menacing, in his simple outfit unlike Ghetsis, who made a fool out of himself for wearing that robe. And he actually succeeded in capturing the dragon.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Isn't it obvious? I'm the best Crime Boss!

lol In all seriousness, I always thought that Ghetsis was serious business. Not only did he whoop me multiple times before I finally beat him, but also he truly felt evil, I mean he was manipulative and nasty and when reading his dialogue I actually felt like he was a menacing influence on the direction of the plot for the game. He by far felt like an actual evil character with a well thought out plan for domination.

All of the other crime bosses in the other games always just sort of had this thought process, "Well this evil plan will work simply because we say it will work! We don't need logic or manipulation when we can just have powerful legendary pokemon that will obey us simply because we tell them to obey us!"
    Yeah guys... that will work... lol

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I liked Cyrus, though he was just an anti-social guy who thought somehow destroying the world and rebuilding it made sense. He wasn't hard though.

Giovanni is such a classic mob-master, like everyone else said.

Too bad none of the bosses are actually difficult to defeat. Mainly, only Gen V and Gen I had bosses that had different pokemon from their grunts.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Giovanni was the steriotype of a mafia leader, yet at least his pokemon were a match against mine and just wanted pokemon

Archie and Maxie got on my nearves really quickly, all they wanted to do was play god and make either more land or more water.

Cyrus wanted to play god as well and control time and space,heck, Saturn could probably pull off being a galactic leader better than Cyrus xD

Ghetis....I just wanna kill that dude, I hate the freeing pokemon thing and then in the end he reveals he didn't care about freeing pokemon, I just hate that type of concept (Who knew I could hate someone more than Archie or Maxie?)

Anyway out of all of them, Giovanni is the best boss.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Ya, I think Gio was the best as far as a crime boss goes. I also liked the two from R/S/E, as they were well stylized, and their teams were also cool.
    I didn't really like the team from gen4 because of their ridiculous outfits and haircuts (nothing says crime ring like a blue bowl cut..?) but Cyrus was alright.
    Pretty much same thing goes for Team Plasma as far as the team it self, but I did appreciate N's character progression, and Ghetsis for his creepy, very evil feel.

Off topic, but I really enjoy the story behind Black and White; for the first time in my Pokémon experience I feel that there really wasn't anything that could have been lost in translation. Just thought it was really well written, and that really added to team Plasma, IMO

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Too me Ghetsis is the most evil. He spent 10-20 years manipulating one boy into becoming the unova champion just so he can be the only one with pokemon. Not sure if N is his son but if so that makes him even eviler. His vs sprite is actually quite scary/crazy as well

Archie and Maxie are the least evil and have the worst goals. They even have a change of heart, proving they arent that evil. All they wanted to do was improve the environment anyway, not kill anyone.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • They were all pretty BA. But I feel that Cyrus was the best. Along with his team they became closer than any other evil organization to achieve their goals. Giovanni was pretty good too, but Cyrus wins all. C:

Back