• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best dub ever! :D

Peach

Finnish Love ♥
Years
  • Pokemon 2000 - Finnish dubbing is so great <3
    Sailor Moon - Swedish dubbing <3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I liked the Trigun dub. Granted, I only saw the first episode of the anime in Japanese before switching over to English voice track on the DVD, but I much prefered hearing it in English thereafter. ^_^;

Digiko

The l33t lurker!!!
    Years
  • I don't really think any dubs are bad, simply because I don't care. I think they're all entertaining. XD I really wish I could've seen Shaman King. D: I liked the Pokemon dub also.. I don't know why everyone hates it.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Hmmm.....my favorite dubs would probably be:

-Inuyasha
    -Full mteal Alchemist
    -Ranma 1/2

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I liked Naruto's dub... xD; Naruto's voice choice was good, IMO.

IvySaur

I haven't seen a lot of anime, I mostly read manga. I think the best dubs I've seen would have to be Hellsing and Azu Manga Daioh. Hellsing really doesn't have a lot cut out and I adore Seras's voice. I also think AMD retained most of it's original content, the only thing I don't like about it is Osaka's voice, the Texan accent is so random, but hey, the whole show is, so...I think I just lost my point somewhere back there.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    FMA has a decent dub... but thats about as far as I would put it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    IvySaur said:
    I haven't seen a lot of anime, I mostly read manga. I think the best dubs I've seen would have to be Hellsing and Azu Manga Daioh. Hellsing really doesn't have a lot cut out and I adore Seras's voice. I also think AMD retained most of it's original content, the only thing I don't like about it is Osaka's voice, the Texan accent is so random, but hey, the whole show is, so...I think I just lost my point somewhere back there.
    Osaka is from...Osaka, Japan. That part of the country is known for it's southern Texas like accent in it's people...not random.

IvySaur

Osaka is from...Osaka, Japan. That part of the country is known for it's southern Texas like accent in it's people...not random.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • I'm not calling it the best English dub or anything like that but I thought the guy who did Tenchi's did a great job and the gal who did Sasami's voice did an even better job, but yea which anime doesn't have their flaw in voice acting, English or Japanese, sure the main characters might be dead on but there are always those darn extra's who ruin the perfect streak, lol

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Satoshi X said:
    The best dubs so far have got to be Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Cased Closed, Yu Hakashu, and Naruto.

Case Closed I didn't really like, it was no where close to original Detective Conan... all the names were slaughtered, and the voices were messed... x___x but anyway...
    I did really like the FMA dub, and the Furuba dub, the Naruto dub is 'okay', but I don't know if I really have a favorite dub. Though I do really like 4 Kids, not for the fact that they change everything, but they have some really good voice actors, same goes for Funimation.

Hizuara

Tis the season to be jolly..
    Years
  • Even though I'm not a big fan of the series, I think Cowboy Bebop has a great dub. I also like FMA, even though I wish Ed's voice was a BIT better.

Most of the other animes I like have pretty bad dubs compared to the originals =P

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • Yu Yu Hakusho by far is the best dub(uncut) IMO. Even though I prefer Japanese voices
    Funimation came up with many creative lines XD

Inuyasha is up there too. The voices were picked well

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
  • The Slayers Uncut was very good. Rurouni Kenshin was okay. Elfen Lied dub was good. Puni Puni Poemi was better than the Japanese version (in my opinion). So Puni Puni Poemi is my vote. The Japanese voice actors for all of the above were better, though.

Years
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha, and Chobits.
    FMA is just awsome, no doubt about it, Inuyasha has better voices than the Japanese version, same with FMA. Also same with Chobits.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Card Captor Sakura was a good dub when they had it out, too bad they took it off. T.T

InuYasha ish a really good dub IMO. They don't take out the bloody parts and I like the dub voices.

Naruto would be an excellent dub if they didn't take out the bloody parts and such. I really like their dub voices though.

Yuugiou, not the best dub since they did take a bunch of stuff out, but they can actually take out much more so it's okay. I like most of the dub voices though, like Bakura's <3

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
  • Cowboy Bebop (I'm not that big a fan of the series...but it was a good dub)
    Super Gals
    Genshiken
    Rurouni Kenshin TV (Far to many mispronounciations and errors in the Movie and OAVs:( )
    Angelic Layer
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Naruto

Back