• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best/Favorite Move in the game?

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    You read that right. Is there a move that you like above all others? If so, post it here.

Mine is Stealth Rock. It's just a great move for crippling the enemy team.

So, what are yours?

.Hoenn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    Slash, no contest is my favorite move of all time. It can NEVER kill me, no matter what :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    Spore. Breloom is my favourite Pokemon, and having a move like that makes it awesome ;).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have to have someone that knows Flamethrower on my team...or I explode. Also, Attract and Toxic must be somewhere on my team as well. I like to use the power of love and poison to kill off my foe, cause as we all know, that's how it works in the real world.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm going for Volt Tackle too. It's just pure awesomness!

Best/Favorite Move in the game?

(Apparently it's animated...?)

Thunder for me comes a close second, with Shock Wave in third. Yessss... I love Electric moves. ^^

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Surf. Water is my favourite typing, so I pretty much always have someone with Surf on my team. The Gen 2 animation was kickass.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Also, Attract and Toxic must be somewhere on my team as well. I like to use the power of love and poison to kill off my foe, cause as we all know, that's how it works in the real world.

This. Very much so. XD

I also have an affinity for Poison Fang (simply for the chance of Toxic effect) as well as sturdier Poison attacks like Cross Poison and Poison Jab. :P

Years
    Me First. I don't know why I like it. It have this awesome name "Me First" and I'm using it when I can.
    Shock Wave. Fast, always hits.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Flamethrower; nothing too fancy, just a dependable general purpose fire attack with I think greater power than most other 100-accuracy moves, but I don't really know. Dragonbreath is very similar, fire again but from a dragon... lol, but I'm not a major dragon user (unless I can get a Dragonair).

But if it's the first generation games, Aurora Beam takes all prizes away; the move itself is nothing special as we all know, but in the first games oh my does it sound and look epic. I actually was expecting it to do more damage than Hyper Beam during the first time I saw the animation.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Toxic : I really love seeing poor Pokemon die only touched by poison.

Blast Burn : Well, if we don't take Eruption into account, this is the most powerful Fire typed attack ever. Plus, I love fire starters ! <3

Years
    I love Flamethrower. I have no idea why, but it's always been my favorite. I also love Slash, because it always works toward my advantage.

Years
    Flare Blitz. Cool name, and cool Pokemon like Arcanine use it. ;) cant go wrong with Volt tackle, Stone Edge, X-Scissor or Aqua Jet either. (in the cool names category)

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    It's a tie between Flamethrower and Hyperbeam. xD I usually teach 3 out of 6 Pokemon Hyperbeam xD

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Surf. It looks so epic, and on HG it kills everything because you get it so early. Then Eureption, Gen 3 animation looks SO epic.

Back