• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Fire, Grass and Water starters?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Just for fun, who do you think is the best out of....

Venasaur, Sceptile, Torterra or Meganium?

Blaziken, Typhlosion, Charizard or Infernape?

Feraligatr, Blastoise, Empoleon or Swampert?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Sceptile
    Blaziken (Charizard's a close second)
    Feraligatr

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Sceptile
    Infernape
    Empoleon

Yep, I just like those better. :3

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Hmm... a pretty tough choice, since I like a lot of the Pokemon Starters... though I probably would have to say...

For Fire, it would have to be Typhlosion. I think its just a cool looking Fire-type, in general. Naturally, there are Charizard and Blaziken following, but Typhlosion takes the top for me.

For Grass, I'd have to go with Sceptile. It had so much potential of being a Dragon type, as well, but I guess its for the best that its pure Grass, seeing as it would have been adding to the x4 weaknesses that other Dragons have, lol Following Sceptile is Venusaur and Meganium, who just miss out on a top stop from me.

For Water, I'd say that Swampert takes the glory. I originally didn't like Swampert because of the annoying "Mudkipz" I kept hearing and seeing on the Internet, (what DeviantART did with peoples' avatars I think last April Fool's was what tipped the boat, really) Swampert has broken the ice on that lake and actually is an active member of my team. I still dislike Mudkip, though...
    Following up would be Feraligatr and Blastoise; as with Venusaur and Meganium, just running shy of a top spot.

This probably differs from what I had last time, (I'm sure there was a similar topic, waaaay back when I was active, last year) but my opinions on certain Pokemon have kind of changed; the most radical being Swampert, who I'm pretty sure I had in dead last.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Fire- Charizard....duh
    Water-Blastoise!
    Grass:Venesaur!

all the originals they are the best!

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    In order:

Venasaur> Torterra> Sceptile> Meganium

Infernape > Charizard > Blaziken > Typhlosion

Swampert > Empoleon > Feraligatr > Blastoise

Grass:
    That's how it is. If I had answered this question when D/P came out, Sceptile would be second, but it's now relegated to being an inferior Skymin. Venusaur is the best, no surprise, it does what it does best out of the four. Torterra, the crazy beast, is second due to unique typing and being overall powerful, it's only real issue is Ice attacks.

Fire:
    No surprises here folks, Infernape is top followed by Bellyzard, Blaziken and Typhlosion. Don't argue with Typhlosion's placement, why? Because it's too frail(due to SR) and it's movepool is too shallow. Charizard's problem is much the same(and much worse), but Bellyzard is simply a monster if it can be made to work properly.

Water:
    Again, nothing too surprising. Swampert is the best, that's been common knowledge for a very long time. Empoleon is next becase it's a fantastic wall with one crazy typing that allows for quite a few handy resistances. Feraligatr tries to be Gyarados...but it's not, moving on. Blastoise, poor guy, he's the worst of the four...but he's still more useful than Meganium, haha.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Fire - Typhlosion > Blaziken > Infernape > Charizard

Grass - Meganium > Torterra > Venasaur > Sceptile

Water - Feraligatr > Blastoise > Empoleon > Swampert

Johto mofos.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • For favorites its:
    Typhlosion
    Venasuar
    Swampert(because they come from mudkipz)

"Tier Wise"
    Infernape
    Torterra
    Swampert

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Fire - Blaziken < Infernape < Infernape < Typhlosion
    Water - Swampert < Empoleon < Blastiose < Feraligatr
    Grass - Sceptile < Torterra < Meganium < Venasaur

I know. I'm completely in love with the Hoenn and Sinnoh starters. I don't think all Jhoto starters are weak. Poor Meganium, if this wasn't based on favoritism, it would totally be in second place, but this is me.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
  • Charizard
    Sceptile
    Swampert

Have always been my favorites, tough i hated treeko ;p

Charizard
    Sceptile
    Swampert

Have always been my favorites, tough i hated treeko ;p

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    As for mine:

Charizard > Infernape > Typhlosion > Blaziken (though I loved its prevos)
    Feraligatr > Swampert > Blastoise > Empoleon
    Sceptile > Venasaur > Torterra > Meganium

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • For me, it would be...
    Typhlosion (my favorite starter ever <3 )
    Swampert
    Venasaur

Honorable mentions: Blaziken, Blastoise, Empoleon, Charizard... (Okay, so Venasaur is the only grass starter I've ever actually used. Sue me. >.>' )

Back