• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Fire, Grass and Water starters?

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
Years
    • Age 27
    • GBR
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    Torterra
    Empoleon
    Infernape
    I don't know why but i just love Sinnoh starters! <3

Years
  • Water: Tie between Empoleon and Swampert. Both have awesome typing which is always cool in my back.
    Fire: Infernape because it is much faster than Blaziken. Never cared for the other two.
    Grass: I do not have a favorite because I rarely use grass starters but I would just say Venusaur for nostalgia.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    There they are;

- Charizard/Typhlosion
    - Empoleon/Swampert
    - Sceptile/Torterra

I couldn't decide a certain best for either of them. They're all good.

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    hmm...

I am going to have to do it like this....

Fire

1. Typhlosion

2. Charizard

3. Blaziken

4. Infernape

Water

1. Blastoise

2. Feraligatr

3. Empoleon

4. Marshtomp

Grass

1. Venusaur

2. Sceptile

3. Meganium

4. Torterra

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • Fire: Charizard

Water: Feraligatr

Grass: Sceptile

My list is based on a mixture of personal preference and battle use, but it's mostly in my opinions. :D

Aethelstan

I find myself hilarious
    Years
  • Fire: Blaizken
    A lot of people seem to think so. Charizard is pretty awesome too though.

Water: SWAMPERT
    I destroy those who think otherwise. But I'm just very stubborn about my opinions like that. I really like Swampert in general, and his only real weakness is grass types.

Grass: Venusaur
    I like him because I know he can learn the Sunny Day/Solarbeam combo. The others might be able too, but he's the only one I'm POSITIVE about.

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
  • In order:

Venasaur> Torterra> Sceptile> Meganium

Infernape > Charizard > Blaziken > Typhlosion

Swampert > Empoleon > Feraligatr > Blastoise

Grass:
    That's how it is. If I had answered this question when D/P came out, Sceptile would be second, but it's now relegated to being an inferior Skymin. Venusaur is the best, no surprise, it does what it does best out of the four. Torterra, the crazy beast, is second due to unique typing and being overall powerful, it's only real issue is Ice attacks.

Fire:
    No surprises here folks, Infernape is top followed by Bellyzard, Blaziken and Typhlosion. Don't argue with Typhlosion's placement, why? Because it's too frail(due to SR) and it's movepool is too shallow. Charizard's problem is much the same(and much worse), but Bellyzard is simply a monster if it can be made to work properly.

Water:
    Again, nothing too surprising. Swampert is the best, that's been common knowledge for a very long time. Empoleon is next becase it's a fantastic wall with one crazy typing that allows for quite a few handy resistances. Feraligatr tries to be Gyarados...but it's not, moving on. Blastoise, poor guy, he's the worst of the four...but he's still more useful than Meganium, haha.
    Wow. I got.... Mega Ninja'd.
    Anywho, I was about to say everything you said.
    Blastoise, he DID suck. except in Feralifgreen, he was decent.I really wanna damn 4chan for making my friend, with the help of his dad, (MEANY DADDY) hack my game when I gave it to him to replace poor mudkipz with...... wait for it..... you're hearin me right....
    BLASTOISE.
    I was so pissed I beat him up and flooded the ship. he stole it from me again to hack it back.... lulz.... then I mopped it :D
    Infernape and Chari, I'd switch em around..
    but they were monsters.
    I remember my Chari took out my Rival's blaster by himself. YES, by himself, with the help of umm, what was it? anywho, he rocks my aglets. :D (Yes, I m obbsesed with them.)
    Dumbpika awa- wait... hmm...Typholision might be a little hard to swallow... *eats all contestants*

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Fire- Typhlosion>Blaziken>Infernape>Charizard
    Water- Feraligatr>Blastoise>Swampert>Empoleon
    Grass- Meganium>Venusaur>Torterra>Sceptile

I would like Empoleon much better if there were much more stronger steel moves for it. I feel that if Charizard was part Dragon, then it would be second, otherwise Infernape is pretty awesome with Close Combat. I just like Meganium for it's design and look, then Venusaur with its coolness and all.

Years
  • Sceptile: not many grassy Dragons
    Blaziken: I hate monkeys. I got bit by one at the zoo (hand).
    Blastoise: "Turtles! Turtles! Raah! Raah! Raah!" I love turtles...

Back