• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Free to Play Game

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
  • Pokemon has three free to play games, but which one's the best? Here's my opinion from favourite to least favourite:

1. Pokemon Rumble World
    2. Pokemon Shuffle
    3. Pokemon Picross

What do you guys think?

The reason for my choices:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not a fan of the free-to-start model, but my favorite is definitely Rumble World. It feels more like a real game than the other two, and it helps that you can max out your purchases and then essentially "own" the game. I would rather have a physical copy, though, but at this point, I've sunk a bit of money into my digital version, so I'll stick with that. I haven't paid the full price to max out my diamonds yet, though, so I'll have to see if I want to finish doing that or not. I have a hard time staying motivated to play free-to-start games; I'm always afraid that I'm about to get screwed over.

My second favorite is probably Shuffle. I liked it at first, but at a certain point, it started to be too many weekly updates to keep track of, and I didn't really like a game where I had to play for 15 minutes at a time and then take a break. I missed a couple of weeks due to traveling, at which point, I gave up (because I'm too much of a completionist, didn't want to deal with figuring out how to get everything I had missed, and realized that I really wasn't enjoying playing anymore anyway).

Picross was a major disappointment. Sure, I guess I can unlock everything with enough money, which is a nice plus, but to me, it doesn't feel like it's worth that much. I also don't really like repeating picross puzzles (they're static, so once I've solved them, I've solved them), and seeing how that's the only way to earn paltry sums of picrites to advance, it didn't feel worth it to me. The Pokemon element also felt like an added bonus to me, rather than an integral part of the game. In the end, I've only played it for one or two days, but I have no particular desire to go back and continue playing it. Which is sad, because I generally like puzzle games, and I like Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've been planning on trying my hands on Rumble World for a while, but haven't managed to get around to that as of yet. Though, I will at some point!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Surely, I like rumble world because no more heart system where diamonds doesn't cost bit too much money to gain and many place to explore, though the "buy" diamond thing to unlock new location seems cliche to me.

Back