• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Games People Never Play

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Everyone of my friends don't like Drakengard even though I keep telling them it's really good, but they all hate it since they can't pass the third level.

The .hack series.
    I'm not really big on anime games, but those games had a damn fine story, and cool characters to boot.

Anybody who has ever played the series will agree with me when I say: "I want to see The World as an MMO."

I'm pretty sure the games came before the anime, since if you watch the anime first they make so much reference to the games that you won't get unless you played them of course.

Years
    A lot of people I know have never even heard of 'Team Ico'.
    I try and talk to some people about Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus, but no one has ever heard of them =[

Silent Hill 2 is one that a lot of people haven't played. =[

L5Animations

Gamer & Shiny Hunter
    Years
    A lot of people I know have never even heard of 'Team Ico'.
    I try and talk to some people about Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus, but no one has ever heard of them =[

Silent Hill 2 is one that a lot of people haven't played. =[
    WHAT?!?! SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS IS UNKNOWN AROUND YOU?!?! I am seriously wondering how the heck that is possible right now. SotC is a MUST PLAY for the PS2, one of the best games, if not THE best game, on that system. How could no one have heard of it around you?!?! I am just...dumbfounded. Amazed. Shocked. This is just something I did not think possible. I feel sorry for all of those people. They are REALLY missing out.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    One game that I have only ever talked to like, 3 people about ever, was Lost Odyssey for the 360. It was... a very good game. In all honesty, I want more of those games than the current wave of Final Fantasy, just because, like it's creators intended (Mistwalker, you guys know them, right? =b) it is basically Final Fantasy in modern graphics, but as was originally intended. TBS, (somewhat) explorable world map, generally non-linear maps..... and the plot. Frankly, I've yet to play a game that got me as involved in the plot as that one.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, one game that's really underrated that I believe hardly anybody has played is Star Tropics for the NES. It's really great adventure game I believe a lot people who are fans of Zelda should try out.

TheRkyeet

Member of the GGs
    Years
    THE best game that no-one ever played is Jet Set Radio Future.
    Just. So. Cool.
    I would usually say, "Epic", but this game is the epitome of cool.

Years
    WHAT?!?! SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS IS UNKNOWN AROUND YOU?!?! I am seriously wondering how the heck that is possible right now. SotC is a MUST PLAY for the PS2, one of the best games, if not THE best game, on that system. How could no one have heard of it around you?!?! I am just...dumbfounded. Amazed. Shocked. This is just something I did not think possible. I feel sorry for all of those people. They are REALLY missing out.

Tell me about it.
    However, a lot of them are Microsoft fans, so they only had Xbox's or something like a dreamcast.

I love SotC. Best, game, ever.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Anyone remember Jet Force Gemini for N64? I don't think it made itself a household name, but I enjoyed it as a kid, even though the most fun I had with it was making the dog walk into lava so he would die. Yeah, I know, I'm an evil child.

Years
    Anyone remember Jet Force Gemini for N64? I don't think it made itself a household name, but I enjoyed it as a kid, even though the most fun I had with it was making the dog walk into lava so he would die. Yeah, I know, I'm an evil child.

Of course we weren't JUST talking about this on MSN! XD

I do remember it a little. I use to play it around my mates. From what I remember, it was a weird game. Unless I am thinking of something else.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    As said before, .hack is probably one of the better obscure games.
    There's also the EVOLUTION games for the DreamCast, and as someone's mentioned, Luminous Arc (it's a HILARIOUS game!).
    Final Fantasy IV Advance is kinda overlooked.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I like how I played a good chunk of these "unknown" games listed here. Lufia, Disgaea, TWEWY, NieR, Lost Odyssey, SotC, and Luminous Arc.

I don't live in Japan so Dragon Quest gets very little love. Dragon Quest IV and V DS especially got little attention, and that's a shame because they're both really good games.
    After that, I'm just going to say Vandal hearts and The Legend of Dragoon, if only because they're really old games with no GOOD sequel.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Ah, there's also Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon, which is horribly underrated (only fufn Harvest Moon to me :P)

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    They neevr play World Of Warcraft even if it has over 13 million players.

More like 13m accounts.

Was into Castle Crashers for a while way back. "LEGO Star Wars the complete saga" for the Wii was one of its biggest sellers for some time. But it gets boring quick.

Two Worlds. And that would be my vote.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Test Drive Unlimited, not one has heard of that!

Heard of it and played it for a couple years on 360. I like the 'warp island'. Also unusually easy to get money provided you get, i think, to the second last level and own a Saleen Twin Turbo. There was this challenge like '170 in traffic' or something placed a bit off middle of the map. Crazy good reward and was able to win a few times every couple minutes. I ended up doing that challenge repeatedly enough to own every home in the game and every car in game and with what DLC I had at the time. I even bought multiple Ford Mustangs to mod them into Saleen's. Game had an unusually active community even after a couple years. Kinda like Fable 2...

Back