• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best gen 4 starter in ur opinion?

Years
    • Seen today
    My favorite is Empoleon. I don't like Infernape since fire is one of my lesser favorite typings, and I thought Torterra was hard to use with the 4x ice weakness and the loss of it's water resistance.

Although I like all the sinnoh starters, it's one of my more favorite group of starters

Years
  • I always liked Empoleon the most, although I do like the others he always just seemed the most interesting. Mainly because water and steel are some of my favorite types, and they compliment each other quite nicely. While Torterra's typing is interesting, it gives him a lot of unfortunate weaknesses. And Infernape is one of many fire/ fighting starters and overall just isn't anything too crazy or interesting.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Empoleon is my favorite for it's typing and I enjoy the design. Followed by Torterra and then Infernape. I will say I like them all and I agree this is a pretty good generation for starters.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • probably my least favorite batch of starters if i'm being honest but empoleon is pretty damn cool. but if we're just talking first stages then piplup is my choice.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I generally like starter Pokémon - the only one I don't really like out of the five generations I've played is Meganium (Chikorita and Bayleef are good though). Of the Sinnoh bunch, and its a close race, Empoleon is my favourite. A great design, great typing (still unique apparently) and some pretty great moves too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Piplup line. Piplup is cute. I love how Dawn's behaves in the anime. I am not a fan of any gen 4 middle stage starter. Empoleon is fun to battle with. The only thing I do not like about Empoleon is that it has a weakness to fire.

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
    Years
  • It's got to be Empoleon. Only 3 weaknesses compared to the others 4, 1 immunity, and 10 resistances! I wish it had a better hidden ability to capitalize on it's good SpA stat, maybe competitive instead of defiant and reliable healing.

Years
  • Turtwig number 1. i'm not looking at stats or anything it's pure nostalgia bias and i'm all for it lol.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • They're all amazing tbh, Gens III and IV are the only two where I can pick any starter and be truly happy, but I feel like Torterra got the short end of the stick...If I had to pick one, though...Infernape.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I do like all three and was quite happy with using any of these in my DPPt playthroughs. Torterra and Empoleon look amazing, but I'd have to pick the powerhouse known as Infernape. He swept through the game for me.

Years
  • I'm mostly indifferent to Sinnoh starters. I can go with all of them. But if I had to choose my favourite, I would probably pick Piplup.

Years
  • I started Diamond with Turtwig and Platinum with Chimchar, in my opinion two of the best and iconic starters ever!
    Speaking of Empoleon and his evolution line, well the dual type water-steel is very intriguing but I don't like his appearence and his stats...

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    Unfortunately, due to the lack of Fire-types, Chimchar is basically the best option. I really do like Torterra however.

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • I'm usually a hardcore water starter fan, but I think Turtwig was the cutest out of the three in Sinnoh

Back