• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best Grass pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I use ferrothorn because i use a zombie build.
    Nature - Up to you buy you may want to + the Sp Def and Def

Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Protect
    Spikes/Power Whip but i prefer power whip

Item - Leftovers whats yours ? : D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I use ferrothorn because i use a zombie build.
    Nature - Up to you buy you may want to + the Sp Def and Def

Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Protect
    Spikes/Power Whip but i prefer power whip

Item - Leftovers whats yours ? : D
    Just to critique that set, it's not good to use SubSeed on Ferrothorn because of its poor Speed. It should be:
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Leech Seed
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
    -Power Whip/Protect
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

As for me, I'd say that Ferrothorn is the best Gen V Grass Pokemon, with Sawsbuck and Whimsicott coming in close.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This doesn't really fit here mainly because you're asking from a battling point of view rather than a general point of view (either way it still wouldn't belong in Pokemon General for your favourite/best grass type since polls get made on those), so it would probably only really fit in CBC's chat thread if you wanted to bring up the best grass-type Pokemon from a battling/competitive point of view.

However if you want to discuss how awesome Ferrothorn looks or how it could've been designed better, then our likes and dislikes thread is where you can bring it up. Ferrothorn isn't that unique in that you could dedicate an entire discussion to it in here, so you're going to have to head over to either of those threads.
    Best Grass pokemon?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back