• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best headphones/earbuds ever?

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    I'm partial to my Philips SHE5910, because the sound quality and depth is really outstanding, but they don't get very high customer reviews. That makes me wonder if there are better headphones out there.

So, what are you personally using? And what would you buy if you had the cash?

Years
    I have this 200 dollar one by some expensive company. Its got a volume controller and also sound amplifier. Its that one starting with S and has a really long name.

... lol XD

I didnt really invest in this though, because... I got it for free during my naughty periods.

Years
    Yes i get free stuff when I'm being naughty at shopping centres and stuff XD

also; before we derive away from the original topic; I also get Original iPod earphones for $5 :D

THOSE are good.

Years
    I just use a headset I bought to talk in skype. They get the job done just fine really.
    Only thing I can't stand are earbuds- can't hear anything outside my ear and they're too tiny.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Yes i get free stuff when I'm being naughty at shopping centres and stuff XD

As in thievery!? *Casts stones*. Lol jk. But still...

Those anti brain tumor headphones are awesome looking. Lol (I'm being totally serious.) I like Skull Candies for their aesthetic effect. But I don't know about them being "top quality" in terms of acoustics.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    also; before we derive away from the original topic; I also get Original iPod earphones for $5 :D

THOSE are good.

Really? I hate mine. o.o Cheapest earphones ever, crappy rubber that peels off, poor sound quality and they keep falling out...maybe my ears aren't designed for them? I really feel like I need instructions on how to wear them properly. Or maybe mine are an older version? Didn't they release new marshmallowy ones in rainbow colours for the iPod Chrome?

Those anti brain tumor headphones are awesome looking. Lol (I'm being totally serious.)

Lol really? What do they look like?

Last edited:

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
    I got a new nano the other week, AND OMG EW I HATE THE EARPHONES THAT COME WITH IT :;

I... don't know what the ones I'm using now are :3;

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Sennheiser is the brand b.p was referencing. They also make these (HD650), which are the best headphones I know. Of course, I can't actually afford them; I'm using the still-pretty good (and much cheaper) HD201.

Years
    I read somewhere that all headphones and earphones have the same sound quality. I think it was in an article on Cracked. Anyway, I'm using a cheap one. I think it's name is Sony MDR-G45. I don't care much for all the features, but I would like some expensive ones, though (seeing as how they come with really neat stuff). If I had the cash, I would get some ones that would last a while (I don't really know any brands of head/earphones).

Ayselipera

All mine say on them is JVC. Anywho I love them, and I got the kind that goes around your ears so they don't fall out. :3

Zet

Years
    Sennheiser is the brand b.p was referencing. They also make these (HD650), which are the best headphones I know. Of course, I can't actually afford them; I'm using the still-pretty good (and much cheaper) HD201.

I had HD202, they were pretty damn awesome until the right side stopped working ;o;

And as for best, it seems that Bose is praised a lot by audiophiles

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Sennheiser HD 650 is really good.
    And no, not all headphones have the same sound quality and features. Some of them have more features, and each of their sound quality varies, even though it's only a bit sometimes.

twocows

Years
    Argh PC crashes. Anyway, my post basically said "Bose isn't as good as they used to be, and yes you can tell difference in headphone quality."

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I've had my fair share of headphones over the years, from JVC to Audiovox, about a year a go I splirgeed and bought a set of Bose on-ears and I must say the quality is almost unmatched. Senheiser is close, but Bose is still my choice for sound quality and range.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Really? I hate mine. o.o Cheapest earphones ever, crappy rubber that peels off, poor sound quality and they keep falling out...maybe my ears aren't designed for them? I really feel like I need instructions on how to wear them properly. Or maybe mine are an older version? Didn't they release new marshmallowy ones in rainbow colours for the iPod Chrome?

Lol really? What do they look like?

Best headphones/earbuds ever?

Lol the orginal pair costed $1500. But supposedly they reduce the EMF radiation by 98%. Idk haha. Tumors be gone!

twocows

Years
    Ear canal speakers (drastically different than earbuds) actually give you the best quality, but the comfort tradeoff isn't something I'm wiling to make. I don't like sticking things into my ear canal. :/

Years
    Ear canal speakers (drastically different than earbuds) actually give you the best quality, but the comfort tradeoff isn't something I'm wiling to make. I don't like sticking things into my ear canal. :/
    Actually, I much prefer in-ear headphones. They seem to stay in better, and are actually comfier for extended periods of time or for lying down. Also, they fact that you can listen to them at a lower volume, due to the noise-cancelling, is better for your ears in the long run.

I have a pair of TDK headphones. They cost AU$25, and are still the best pair I've ever used. I've tried the mid-range Senheisers and I still prefer mine. Anyway, the rubber end of the headphones eventually wore out and came off. I bought a pair of $70 Phillips Headphones, used them for a month, and then ripped the rubber canal-tubes off the end and put them back on my TDK pair. I'm happy again.

That said, when it comes to old-style earphones (ie: not in-ear), I'm pretty damn impressed by the Sony ones that came with my Walkman.

I've got to say, the top-of-the-range Skullcandy headphones (over the head) are just awesome.

Back