• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best improvements done to the Pok?mon Series over the years?

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Over the years as new games have been made there have been various improvements with each new generation such as the move to color, the introduction of team battling and contest. The introduction of Berries, different types of Pok? Balls, new Pok?mon types such as Dark and so on.

So what would you say is the best improvements done over the years?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I'll say the balancing of moves.

Look at Blizzard in RB. It was too powerful wasn't it?

Thank God they rebalanced it later on.

Alex The Great Master

Zeophyte in Eternal Exile
    Years
  • New types, real-clock time, breeding, move balancing, etc. I still have to say the Metal generation is the best one because you can get to Kanto AND Jotho!

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • So many things I like. But the best were the new types and special defense... it really helped balance the game and prevented it from being Psychic-dominated (even though I'm a Fighting fan, I think it was a bit unecessary to make dark and steel both weak to fighting).

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I think the new music (I do like the old though) such as "This Side Of Paradise!" featured in Destiny Deoxys and the main battle theme in Pokemon Advanced Generation.
    I also like the concept of berries and pokemon contests.
    The new poke-balls are kinda nice after going through the entire Kanto and Orange island episodes with normal ones.
    I also LOVED the Whirl Cup, water pokemon are one (if not my most) of my favorties types so I thought that was good of them.

Somethings bad are: character removal, then forgettingness of Gary (whats up with that?), lack of the same animation quality. But thats about it

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

I'm glad they made the following changes:

*Made it so that you have ways of defrosting if you're frozen. In RBY, it used to be that you can't defrost EVER, which really sucks. But now you have fire attacks, Heal Bell, Aromatherapy, Natural Cure etc.

*Changed trapping moves like Wrap and Fire Spin. Wow, those were annoying especially when combined with Toxic and Leech Seed.

*Introduced traits. Some Pokemon are just that much better with them, like Magneton, Dugtrio, even Dunsparce.

*Put in move tutors so everyone could learn some old moves. Hooray, we have Substitute and Swords Dance and Thunder Wave again.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Back