• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best in-game story/miracle?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Has anyone ever had a miracle or something that you just can't believe happen in a Pokemon game? Mine is when I couldn't get past the Elite 4 in Red. I needed something new to my party, so I went out and caught a Gastly (I hardly use ghost). I trained it near Celadon and when it was around level 39 or so, I decided to take it into the Elite 4. What happened next was shocking. The first time it went through, I thought it would have been crushed, but instead it took out nearly half of Lorelei's team! (Yes it was a Haunter with thunder but hey, that's still pretty impressive). I took it through a few more times and I went further and further in. The Haunter was leveling up faster then ever! When it was around level 56, I took it through and I got to lance. I barely beat his Dragonite but I recovered and let Haunter do the rest. Long story short, A level 60ish Haunter took out the whole Elite 4(with a little help).

Please post your "miracles". :)

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • Yeah I had a mircle. My friend got pokemon diamond and his pokemon were only at the 20's and mine were at 100, and I wanted to battle, so I just picked 5 pokemon at the 20's and he killed 4. So I had 1 left, and he still had 5, and my Magnezone beat all 5.

Years
  • I don't think this is a miracle, but the Egg that the Day-Care Man gave in GSC turns out to be a Shiny Magby. Yay!
    And my Oddish, also in GSC, (LV 5) beat the rival. He had Croconaw lv 18 at that time, and all his other Pokemon have fainted, and I foolishly sent out Quilava and used Ember. Miraculously that Croconaw got a Burn, after he killed my Quilava with Water Gun, one Absorb from oddish plus the damage caused by Burn killed him. I can hardly believe my luck, and my Oddish grew straight to lv 11 IIRC.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
  • I caught Dailga in Diamond with two Ultra Balls.
    Of course, I had to reset a lot of times but it was worth it.

I also beat Lucian and Cynthia of the Elite Four. (It was HARD, even with a level 60-65 Torterra and Dailga)
    I don't remember everything that happened, but I thought it was a miracle that I beat her. :|

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
  • I havn't really had a miracle xP. I've had a disaster.. But thats a differant toppic. One of mine would be erm..

Catching Latios with a great ball xP

Puddle Fish

Non-conforming Fishie!
    Years
  • I took on Palkia and ran out of Ultra Balls and Great Balls, so I threw my very last PokeBall at it and Caught it!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I saw a latios in the wild,
    I didn't have any ultraball nor greatball and I was like o_0

Then I threw my pokeball....poof!
    That actually worked, I was slapping myself.

~C3LEBI

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Suicune in Silver, I had run out of everything I had except 1 pokeball, it had full health, Chucked that last pokeball *caught* I'm still dumfounded how that happened.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Now that people are saying it I have another similar "miracle". I faced the Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave and when it was at full health(it used recover only once meaning, it was like only 2-4 turns into the battle) I randomly chucked an Ultra Ball and I caught it. :)

Cloud_85

Templar Patriarch
    Years
  • well. My last ball where a nest ball in E. I was with Rayquasa and i DON'T save close... He flew and i Throw the Ball. He was in the middle of HP. And guess whar, he get in... XD.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Well, I'm wouldn't call it a 'miracle', but just luck. In my Pearl version I caught Heatran on the first turn of my first battle with it, with a PokeBall. I was just messing around to see what happened, and it caught it .__.;; I was really surprised by it.

Lash

Years
  • I was in a battle with Volkner, and I was losing badly. He had two Pokemon left, as did I. Here is how it went:

Volkner- Raichu, Ambipom

Me- Golem, Weavile

Golem was low on HP, credit goes to that Octillery of is. It did get knocked out, and I thought Raichu would faint since Golem is resistant. I tried to end things quickly, by using Self-Destruct. I did so, but Raichu managed to hold on. Now I only had Weavile left. I sent it out, and used Shadow Claw to knock it out. In doing so, Static paralyzed it D:
    He sent out Ambipom, and it sure was powerful. It used Double Hit a couple times, did some damage. One hit was critical, so Weavile was down to 1/4 its HP. Weavile only got one hit in, and it was weak, a Slash attack. It didn't do much. I thought I was screwed badly.

The final attack took place. Ambipom used Double Hit, but it missed! Weavile made a miraculous comeback with a strong Metal Claw, which did good damage. Both Pokemon were at 1/4 their HP. I wanted that badge, so I had Weavile use Ice Shard. It was critical, and it beat Ambipom.

If that wasn't a comeback from a paralyzed Pokemon, I don't know what is.

blubergate

Knowledgeable Pokemon Master!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2013
    Has to be in diamond, catchin heatran in a dive ball, it was a miracle alright!!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • FireRed

I was in the Power Plant, catching Zapdos. I sent out Dragonite, Zapdos sent out ... well ... Zapdos. Dragonite whittled down Zapdos's HP with Icebeams until it was in the Red Zone. About 1HP left on Zapdos. But my luck - Dragonite froze Zapdos :O I managed to catch Zapdos with a PokeBall!!! :D

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Heh, catching all of the legendaries with a single Pokeball, without attacking
    them, on my first try.

Then, later finding out that they have terrible natures.

And then there was this glitchy part of my Crystal version where I found a
    very high level shiny Pokemon before Violet City and had it wipe my team
    and steal half my PokeMoneys and run away. It was a very sad day indeed.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    something I just remembered from back in the day, I found a shiny Poliwag outside the city with the flying gym while training a low lvl poke and then 10 mins later I found a shiny magnemite outside the steel gym city

Probly should have specified this was silver

Last edited:

~BlackHeartedWolf~

Naruto *Love love*
    Years
  • One time I found a Shiny Poliwag. I couldn't catch the damn thing though =/

Probaly another one I can think of (Although it was more dumb luck/intuition really) was when I was fighting Lance in the Crystal version. We were both down to our last Pokemon (His lvl. 40-something Dragonite, versus my lvl. 48 Espeon). My Espeon was taking quite the beating with the constant Hyper Beam attacks, and I was almost out of Full Restores. Well, at one point, his Dragonite seems to change tactic, and uses Blizzard. Now at first I see this as the chance to attack. However, I notice that I won't be able to take him out in one hit. I suddenly get the nasty feeling that the next move's gonna be Hyper Beam (Which meant, that if I attacked, and didn't get a Critical Hit, Espeon would be finished, and I would have to start all over again.). I get the feeling that the Dragonite was using Blizzard to weaken my Espeon so he could fully take out Espeon on the next turn with Blizzard. I decide to go with my gut, and I use a Full Restore to heal my Espeon.

Sure enough, next turn, the Dragonite dishes out a Hyper Beam. Espeon just managed to survive, and was able to take out Dragonite within the next 2 turns =D

This next one I find to be pretty funny. Basically, I knew that in the FireRed/LeafGreen versions, it was possible to capture Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball. Needless to say, over the course of a couple of days, it was not working at all, and the battles would take hours at a time.

So I'm at lunch at my school one day, and I decide to turn it on and try to capture him again. I don't know what the hell happened, but I had him capture in an Ultra Ball on the second throw.

And finally...the last one.

It was my Ruby version, and I was on the hunt for Latios. I pretty much spent the whole day trying to catch him with no luck. Finally, just as my dad was calling me down to dinner, I finally caught him. I had been up from 8 in the morning to 5 at night trying to catch him, and it finally worked =D

Back