• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best japanese film, movie?

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    My favorite Japanese movie is also my favorite movie of all time. That would be Spirited Away . It is anime, so I'm not sure if that's your cup of tea. However, I just saw Rashomon last week. It is an older film by famed director Akira Kurosawa. I was blown away-it's one of the better films I've seen lately. That might be more your taste-it's definitely artistic.
    What is your favorite or best movie ?

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • upon seeing this thread, i thought to myself:
    ''i wonder if its only for live-action movies? cause then Spirited Away wouldn't count..''
    glad you agree with me, though XD;

apart from that, i've to say i liked Paprika alot too. And well, Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea..
    .... no, i don't watch a lot of Japanese live-action movies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Ah, this thread we can include anime movies, ok.

Let's see;

Battle Royale
    Audition
    Lady Snowblood

and anime
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Movie: Lagann-hen
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
    Spirited Away
    Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
    Grave of the Fireflies
    5 Centimeters per Second

Japan has a lot of my favourite cult films as well but i listed them in a similar thread the other day.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • The only anime movie I've seen is spirited away, and it's really good. Live-action movies I've seen include Battle Royale 2 and various horror movies (like the grudge, dark water and such).

My favorite is spirited away, followed by Battle Royale 2.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Digital Monster X-Evolution.

Amazing effects, and very dark storyline for Digimon standards. Even though Leomon dies during the intro, it's a gret CG movie.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Spirited Away is probably my favourite J-film too, although it's closely followed by Tokyo Story, which I really need to watch again to see if it holds up. (Seen Spirited Away waaaaaaaaaaaay too many times: I know it's damn good!)

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • I have more anime films than live action films, as I've only got into live action films recently. But my favourite Japanese anime movie has to be Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu (The Disappearence of Haruhi Suzumiya). But my live action Japanese Film has to be 10 Promises to my Dog.

momoa

Casual Pokefan
    Years
  • I loved Spirited Away, but for some reason I loved Kurosawa's Castle in the Sky a lot more. There's just something about that movie that makes me want to watch it over and over.

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
  • In Order:

• The Seven Samurai
    • Laputa: Castle in the Sky
    • 5 Centimeters per Second
    • Ran
    • Spirited Away
    • The Place Promised In Our Early Days
    • Metropolis

Back