• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Kung Fu Movie?

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
Years
  • I've enjoyed some of Jackie Chan and Jet Li's movies, as well as Kung Fu Panda, and I heard that there's going to be a sequel. :D

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I think The Karate Kid (2010 remake) is the best kung fu movie ever.

Oh god no, I'm all for respecting opinions but c'moooooon.

Ip Man by far, I'm sorry to say any other answer, unless its a Bruce Lee film is probably wrong.

Years
  • Kung Fu Panda. I love animated movies, so there's my reason. :>
    I heard the 2010 remake of The Karate Kid was good, but I never got to see it. =/

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Oh god no, I'm all for respecting opinions but c'moooooon.

Ip Man by far, I'm sorry to say any other answer, unless its a Bruce Lee film is probably wrong.

I quite liked Ip Man too it was quite well made IMO. There was a sequel too, it was okay. There was also some side-sequel (more like a prequel) that was quite rubbish but starred the same actors.

There was this other one that I liked but I didn't like at the same time, like there were some good fighting scenes and the story was good but a bit too soppy at some parts for my tastes. I can't remember the name of the film though, nor the name of the main actor. I remember it had elephants in it though.

Once Upon a Time in China series was okay IMO but a bit overrated. Some of them reminded me of these cheap low-budget movies (not to say those can't be good, but some of these ones in particular weren't fantastic). And that theme song... once you hear it for the sixth or seventh time you will begin to hate it (and it will bore its way into your mind so that you'll be hearing it in your head six months later)! They completely over-play it. On an unrelated note, I get the feeling from the ones that starred Jet Li he was quite chuffed to play the role. You can see it in his face.

I didn't know there was a new Drunken Master movie? Or maybe I saw the newer one? The one with Jackie Chan? Looked like it was from the 70s or 80s? Did I see the old or new one? I kind of want to see what the other one is like.

I have to admit that the Karate Kid remake was a bit... bleh. I didn't even finish watching it I just got bored. But I never liked the original either.

There's a lot more that I've seen that when finished watching I thought "that was quite good actually" but I never really remember them very well, especially the titles. There was so many! Friend's collection, not mine. I'm not really into movies personally.

Back