• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Level for Stone Evolution

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    So, the title says it all, but just to be clear I'll explain it. Some Pokémon, for example Vulpix and the famous Pikachu, evolve by blahblah Stones (so that would be Ninetails and Raichu). What level (for each game respectively) do you think is the best level to evolve Pokémon like these. Then state why.

Eg. Pikachu should evolve immediately so he gets good stats.
    Eg.2 Pikachu should evolve after he learns his last physical move, so that he can has the best move for damage.
    Eg.3 OMG THIS THREADS SUKZ N IZ POINTLES!!!!!!!111

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I usually evolve them after they learn their last move. just go to bulbapedia and look up when the first stage learns its last move and go from their.

Years
  • Not exactly, since the last move is not necessarily the best.
    Plan your moveset, and when your Pokemon has learned the last move it needs and learns by level, evolve.

Cid

Years
  • Not exactly, since the last move is not necessarily the best.
    That's right.

It depends on the Pokemon, too, because some with their evolved forms get moves at a certain level while learning more moves if not evolved by then. Growlithe would be a good example, wherein Arcanine learns Extremespeed. See, he couldn't learn Crunch, Heat Wave or Flare Blitz when evolved to get Extremespeed (unless you have a Heart Scale after evolving, then you learn Extremespeed with it).

I remember learning that after getting Growlithe, prompting me to do a little research.

Ayselipera

I usually evolve them after they learn a move that I want them to know.

For example if I was using a Pikachu on Diamond I would evolve it at level 26 because that is after it learns Thunderbolt. All the moves it learns after Thunderbolt really aren't of any use to me besides Thunder. Although since Thunder can be bought as a TM at the department store I just buy it instead of waiting.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Pretty much the same as others. I wait until the last useful move, and then I evolve.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I try to evolve my Pokemon using stones when they are at a level where I can gain a move from its evolved form.

Other than that, I would evolve it once I gain a really good move from it or when I feel that it's too weak.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I always evolve Growlithe (In generation II and III) right after he learns Flamethrower, so then he knows Flamethrower and Extreme Speed. And with Nidorino (Also for gen II and III) right after level 22 since he learns no useful moves IMO after.

Back