• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best Music in the Games?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Say what you want about the Gen V games, I honestly thought the music was a definitely step up from the previous pokemon games, at least in my opinion! So here, the topic is basically about the music in the games; which music sound track did you like from the Gen V games the most? It can be anything, from either or both games!

Ah, for example, I'll give you my favourite!

It's the 'Last Pokemon' theme that plays when the Gym Leader has one pokemon left. It's pretty epic as a sign that you're nearing victory, but in an essence, you still have some what of a way to go because most likely you're facing off against the Gym Leader's toughest pokemon, and if you beat that pokemon, you'd get a badge! I think it's a pretty good soundfront towards it~!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday

/thread

But I agree, Gen V had a pretty good soundtrack overall. Could post a buncha videos....but nah.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023

I loved this track the moment I heard it.

Last edited:
    Years

• I loved this in Black and White. It just fit perfectly with N coming to terms with the fact that he still had so much to understand with Pokemon and that he was leaving and the protagonists from Black/White would never see him again.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Mmm, just remember that you can mention music from B2W2 too. ;3 That said, another piece of Gen V music I wanted to mention is the good ol' music from Colress:

Encounter! Colress!
    Spoiler:

Because it brings like this whole techno/sciencey theme to battling, which hasn't really been done before; I was really impressed on how they made this one! Like, you face Colress a number of different times, but this time, you bring out his 'true power', which I suppose is described in this music piece, which again, is awesome. :3

Years
  • Gen 5 had some memorable tunes! Here are some of my faves.

"Emotion." This song originally appeared in Black and White, and is slightly remastered here. I actually first heard this song the day before B&W were to be released in North America. I was spoiling myself a little by listening to some of the OST on Youtube. I remember that it made some tears well up in my eyes, in spite of not yet knowing the premise of the song... I suppose it's because this sort of song makes one recall memories. A bittersweet nostalgia...
    Spoiler:

I really like the Gym Remix for Burgh in B&W 2. Combined with the cool new look, it gives the feeling of a an insect resting in a cocoon. Or perhaps that of abstract art.
    Spoiler:

gym3.png

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'll agree that it had a good number of tunes. I'm not sure I'd call it the best gen music-wise, but it's up there. It's probably stronger than others with the town/city themes; Driftveil and Opelucid's (two!) themes come to mind in particular (and Black Tower too). Add in that a number of town tunes are further improved by interacting with musicians - a nice touch (and makes for a great theme for that village bridge place)
    Spoiler:

Route wise less so, but Route 10 (which is ONLY in bw whyyyy) is amazing and already mentioned. Battle themes are pretty top notch as well, helped by B2W2 gaining a bunch of past Gym/E4/Champion themes to use.

Speaking of, B2W2 was pretty solid. Its new tracks were solid for both routes and towns imo, and the redone versions of the Gym theme for every gym were fantastic.

Years
  • Between all in this generation, Iris' Champion theme still slams it out of the park for me.

While some people have claimed this track isn't Champion-like, and that it belongs in another game, I enjoy it because it fits the setting perfectly and really captures the atmosphere of the battle. It's a crazy track that just leaves me feeling like i've been hit with something really gnarly.

There are other tracks I could name, but this is one that I will never cease to mention.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Gotta admit Gen V had some of the best soundtracks of any of the Pokémon games!

I'm choosing two since it's kinda difficult to choose just one that is my favourite:

Route 10
    Spoiler:

Beautiful track. This had an even better remix in Smash Bros for Wii U.

Village Bridge
    Spoiler:

I don't exactly know why I like this one so much, I guess because it's just so different to the usual soundtracks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I feel like I'm the voice of doom for this region all the time SO IM SORRY BUT I didn't like much of the music. It was kinda cheesy to me idk??? But I still do have some I liked!

My favorites are Driftveil city, Dragonspiral Tower, Route 10, and Village bridge. I wanna add I like the village bridge version the best with just the initial music and the vocals.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I feel like I'm the voice of doom for this region all the time SO IM SORRY BUT I didn't like much of the music. It was kinda cheesy to me idk??? But I still do have some I liked!

My favorites are Driftveil city, Dragonspiral Tower, Route 10, and Village bridge. I wanna add I like the village bridge version the best with just the initial music and the vocals.

Nah, it's cool! Mostly I only listened and liked the battle themes myself. :3

Well, actually, I love the Village Bridge theme too; it does sound pretty peaceful and tranquil. <33

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    My most favorite theme was The Champion Battle theme of BW2. A change from the Epic pieces we usually get, but this was done so perfectly, I dont even care. I love how upbeat and energetic it is. It really captures Iris' Personality.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years

• I loved this track the moment I heard it.

I looove that track too, and I was hoping that they'd use it more often. ;___; But yes, it's good and epic; just as the final battle of the tournament should~!

Ah, here's another track I wanted to mention:

Hugh's Battle theme
    Spoiler:

One of my personal favourite Rival battle themes in general. <33

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really liked what they had done with Gym Leader theme in Black 2 and White 2, to be honest; making things vary in regards to the song from leader to another.

I've enjoyed all their variations of Gym Leader theme in BW2, honestly, but one that stands out to me most would likely have to be Roxie's. It starts off very loud and clear at beginning, and as we defeat more trainers, it begins to dwindle bit-by-bit. Once we're done to the leader herself, things would be sort of quiet, signifying that we're ready to go up against her. If you ask me, this is rather creative!

Aside from above, I also like wild encounter music from both BW and BW2 (weren't they the same, if I remember right?), as well as Champion battle from Black and White, Driftveil City, Route 10, and Dragonspiral Tower; they're fun to listen.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    Love the Route 10 theme. I think this Gen's music is amazing overall, but the best part is the different instruments that kick in when you're in the overworld near a musician (i.e. Opelucid). It makes the games more interactive and responsive IMO.

Years
  • I also really liked Route 22/21's theme, as it's very adventurous and reminiscent of Hoenn's music. This track wouldn't have been too out of place there.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • It'll be wayyy too hard for me to decide on a single theme, because I adored 5th gen's music to death. x3

However, these were the top-tier ones for me:

To Each Future (BW Credits Theme):
    Spoiler:

Gym Leader's Last Pokémon (BW2 Edition)
    Spoiler:

Fight! PWT Finals
    Spoiler:

Fight! VS Hugh
    Spoiler:

There's gotta be at least 20 to 30 more that I'm in love with, but I'm too brain-dead to think of them. >.<

Side note: The only problem I have with the Gym Leader's Last Pokémon theme is that the Gym Leaders are too easy, and I have to force myself to prolong the battle just so the song can keep playing. xD

Last edited:
    Back