• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best nature for Snivy in black/white?

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Adamant, impish, or careful depending which stats suit your play style.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
With the normal ability (Overgrow) and a normal story playthrough: Either Adamant (+Attack / -Special Attack) or Jolly (+Speed / -Special Attack). Prefers Adamant, personally. Gave Serperior very poor offensive stats and an awful movepool. Relies on Growth or Coil to boost its damage. Recommends Coil. Builds up Defense against the many physical Pokemon while also increasing Attack.

Could justify Impish (+Defense / -Special Attack) and Careful (+Special Defense / -Special Attack), as mentioned above. Stays alive easier while using Coil.

With the hidden ability (Contrary): Timid (+Speed / -Attack). Describes it as a one-trick pony: Leaf Storm spam. Relies on outspeeding. Already moves quite fast, though. Could get away with Modest (+Special Attack / -Attack), outside of Black Tower / White Tree / Battle Subway(?). Will pick up Speed Effort Values that the opposing trainers do not have.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
BW Serperior has terrible move pool for a physical attacker. Gets better in BW2 with access to Aqua Tail and Outrage move tutors, but on BW it has Leaf Blade and not much else. Could benefit from Coil, but still awful move pool.

Special move pool also lame, especially without Contrary. Calm Mind + Giga Drain could make it a great tank though. And if you get lucky, Hidden Power could provide some decent coverage.

Honestly, I'd make it defensive, with a nature that lowers whichever Attack stat you care less about and boosts either Defense or Speed. Its offensive stats are the lowest to begin with so they would get the smaller nature boost/penalty anyway.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I don't think there is a real winner here, but as for me, I'd like my Leaf blade and physical Normal coverage to be boosted, so anything that boosts attack would be good.

Back