• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best Or Worst Pokemon Games?

Will The Remakes Destroy The Original's 'Magic'?

• Yes...A completely bad idea!!! :@

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • No Way!...I can't wait for the Remakes!! :D

Votes: 86 78.9%
  • I not really fussed...I buy everything pokemon!! xD

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters

Finnel

Years
    Personally, I didn't see any magic in G/S/C in the first place. I liked them, but they weren't particularly good. Imo, Kanto ruined all the potential G/S/C had, and it saddens me that they seem to be putting it into the remakes as well.

I'm neutral, I guess.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    If they were to mess up these games, Game Freak would be swamped by angry teenagers (and adults). So, as long as GF doesn't screw up and do something stupid, I don't think that the remakes will take away the magic of the originals. Granted, the magic won't be the same, it'll be better. HG/SS FTW

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
    If I view them as new games that just happen to be set in Johto, they sound like the best thing to ever happen in the history of the world.

If I view them as remakes, the nostalgia factor is kinda killed. I still think they'll be fun though.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I have no worries or reservations about these remakes. Silver was my first Pokemon game, so there's a certain kind of magic there that the remake can't re-create. However, I think SoulSilver will (for me at least) bring a whole new kind of magic that mixes the nostalgia of the originals with the excitement of the improved graphics and new features. I definitely can't wait to play it!

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    It's been far too long since playing Gold and Silver for me to remember any "magic" I felt all those years ago. Because of this, I'm simply excited for the remakes and am not worrying about too many details.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I can't really say anything since I haven't played it yet, but I don't think it will destroy, Fire Red and Leaf Green were definitely fails IMO but it wasn't so fail that it ruined R/B/G, besides HG/SS is looking pretty good IMO

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    BEST! nuff said..... :) :)

(well, i hope)

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I doubt it. FrLg didn't "destroy the magic" of RBY to me, in fact, all of the addons and stuff were very nice and made me appreciate the game even more. So I'm betting that HgSs will do the same for GSC. Plus, in my opinion, it'd take a lot to kill the magic of GSC unless they decided not to go back to Johto or something drastic like that, haha :p

TheCrazyGamer

A Very Contraditory Person
    Years
    I haven't played silver so i don't have any nostalgia, but I can't wait for this one, simply because it's Gold and Silver. a good idea would be after you defeat Red ( I've seen the battle), you can have one final battle where Red and Blue team up in a double battle. Your rival would be your teammate.

Years
    These will be my favorite Pokemon games ever. I just know it. Johto had the best plot ideas, and the best rival ever. With all these new additions, including any Pokemon following you, this game IMO is the best one yet.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    These are gonna be just as magical, if not more. For me, none of the other games have been able to do what G/S/C accomplished all those years ago, so in my opinion, these will be the best we've ever seen.

Randomizer

Sound off the false alarm.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2010
    I'm quite excited to see an update to such classic games. And hopefully they'll boost the levels enough to give us a challenge this play through. Specifically the level's of pokemon in Kanto.

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
    I've been waiting for ever for the 2nd generations to be remade! I loved silver version but i wanna get my hands on pokemon heart gold. With improved graphics and next gen moves. I'm really excited for the game to come out and I'm not worried that it'll ruin Gold and Silver's magic!

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    I've always considered Gold and Silver to be the perfect video game sequels: They improved upon the previous works in every possible way, yet still offered a new experience with magic and thrills of its own. Personally, I'm excited to revisit Johto once again and relive the great experience I had those years ago.

And to anyone who is worried about the magic being ruined, the old gameboy cartridges aren't going to change...

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I don't think so I mean, I am hoping for them to give us the VS Seeker in the remakes because I hated not being able to train your Pokemon up with old trainers in the original because if your team couldn't beat the elite four then you had to train all your Pokemon on wild Pokemon which made it so frustrating. So thats why I am looking forward to the games. Who else agrees with me on the whole VS Seeker topic?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I don't think they'll destroy the games original magic I think they'll be better than the originals.

Years
    At least the remakes can't become as bad as DPP, that's also why they can't become the worst Pokémon games ever.
    In fact, I'm looking forward to the new games but still, they wont give me the same feeling G/S gave to me. As with Red/Blue, I will like G/S better than their remakes since they are the originals and I just LOVE the old graphics. Those DS graphics look a bit odd to me...
    And I also hope that they wont add many Pokémon from R/S and D/P or wont add any of them at all...

Back