• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best place to hatch eggs

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
  • I usually go up and down through the main street in goldenrod city

Same here.
    When i'm breeding for something I load my team up with a Slugma and 5 eggs and bike up and down Goldenron until they're all hatched.
    If I don't get the nature/whatever I want, I deposit and start over.

Years
  • ~HGSS: Cycling Road, Kanto

~Hoenn: West-East, from Verdanturf to that beach just past that bike shop

~Johto: North-South, Goldenrod to Daycare

~Sinnoh: North-South, from Solaceon; but I also navigate that rainy route just east from milk shack

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    In DPPt, there's one extremely long strip of path going through Solaceon and into the neighboring routes - very useful. A similar clear path is in Goldenrod for HGSS. Those are the most convenient ones.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There's a clear path in Goldenrod for GSCHGSS. In RSE, I go back and forth from Route 118 and Verdaturf and in DPPT, I go through Solaceon and it's neighboring routes. You don't have to even press a button. :>

Years
  • Don't listen to these people.

Go somewhere interesting, like the Battle Frontier, Tohjo Falls or Sinjoh Ruins. Whenever you look at you're new partner's summary and see the exotic place where it was hatched, you'll be proud. I can't tell you how many eggs I tried to hatch in the Distortion World.

Go and get 'em, tiger.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Don't listen to these people.

Go somewhere interesting, like the Battle Frontier, Tohjo Falls or Sinjoh Ruins. Whenever you look at you're new partner's summary and see the exotic place it was hatched, you'll be proud. I can't tell you how many eggs I tried to hatch in the Distortion World.

Go and get 'em, tiger.
    Or........ just zip around the recommended places (Goldenrod/ Cycling Road) for a while and then go to the magical exotic place and save a lot of boring time looking at an exotic place.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Pokemon league in pokemon platinum you can just run side ways on a bike back and forth and in minutes the egg hatches.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    In HGSS I always used Goldenrod because it was close to both the day care and a Pokémon Center, in addition to the fact that Goldenrod is pretty long and fun to ride around randomly in (which I sometimes do in a last-ditch attempt to increase my step count). However, it does have a tendency to lag up a storm, which disappoints me. Overall, my favorite place to hatch eggs is Route 209 and the surrounding area, mostly because of the wonderful music.

Back